Windows 10: VirtualBox

Discus and support VirtualBox in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Trying to install VirtualBox on Windows 10 Pro. But Microsoft Store wont allow, says I only allow apps from their store. How do I change this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ChrisJones_9295, Apr 26, 2019.

1. VirtualBox

Trying to install VirtualBox on Windows 10 Pro. But Microsoft Store wont allow, says I only allow apps from their store. How do I change this?

:)

ChrisJones_9295, Apr 26, 2019
  2. PuB_Evo Win User

Sun VirtualBox

Been there and done that. Followed through enabling the 3D acceleration and as told i hit the "Install Guest Addition" to install the drivers in the guest operating system, after that i was told to reboot the VirtualBox and came to the blue windows XP shutdown screen... It was on that screen for more then 30mins and so i force a shutdown on the original Win7 OS to et rid of the VirtualBox OS shutdown screen. Rebooted and tested VirtualBox with the game and got the same error message as shown in my first post.

EDIT: Gone through all the steps till i came to rebooting the VirtualBox OS. After the system coming up normally, i checked if the 3D acceleration is enabled by running dxdiag. Here is what i get...

VirtualBox DirectX.jpg

Need advise to fix 3D acceleration so i can go on. Thank you so much!

PuB_Evo, Apr 26, 2019
  3. Fafhrd Win User
    BSODs starting Virtualbox VMs

Just an update. Puppy Linux works fine in Virtualbox on 10586.218 x86 on the Compaq laptop.

Next step is to check with the TP build 14332, which I'm not looking forward to... *Shock

Fafhrd, Apr 26, 2019
  4. temp02 Win User

VirtualBox

Sun VirtualBox

I doubt that you will be able to get full 3D acceleration (and VirtualBox is the best VM in that field IMO), so the only advice available that I can give you is to turn 3D acceleration on and install your graphic card drivers (on the host machine), follow this guide to enable the 3D acceleration option on VirtualBox.

EDIT: more info here.

temp02, Apr 26, 2019
Thema:

VirtualBox

1. VirtualBox - Similar Threads - VirtualBox

2. Convert a VirtualBox Fixed Disk to a Dynamic or vice versa

in Windows 10 News
    Convert a VirtualBox Fixed Disk to a Dynamic or vice versa: [IMG]When creating a virtual machine, you are asked to select a disk type, you can either go for Fixed Disk or Dynamic Disk. What if you went for a Fixed Disk and later on realized that you need a dynamic one, or vice-versa? Well! You can convert one into another. In this...
  3. How to increase Disk size in VirtualBox [Guide]

in Windows 10 News
    How to increase Disk size in VirtualBox [Guide]: [IMG]How often have we encountered a situation where the predefined disk size lacks space to accommodate more data? If you require more space on your virtual machine’s hard disk at a later stage, you will have to expand the virtual hard disk and partition. In this post, we...
  4. Unable to install Guest Additions in VirtualBox

in Windows 10 News
    Unable to install Guest Additions in VirtualBox: [ATTACH]It may happen that you are unable to install Guest Additions to a virtual machine in Oracle VirtualBox. When we click on Devices > Install Guest Additions CD Image, it does nothing but throw an error as follows: VirtualBox – Error: Unable to insert the virtual optical...
  5. Update Issues Relating to VBox VirtualBox

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update Issues Relating to VBox VirtualBox: I currently am using an HP ELITEX2 with a processor of "IntelR CoreTM M-5Y71 CPU @ 1.20 GHz 1.40 GHz" I have 8 GB ram, 7.88 GB is usable, my system type is "64-bit operating system, x64-based processor". I am using Windows 10 Pro version 1909. I am facing a difficulty in...
  6. Update Issues Relating to VBox VirtualBox

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update Issues Relating to VBox VirtualBox: I currently am using an HP ELITEX2 with a processor of "IntelR CoreTM M-5Y71 CPU @ 1.20 GHz 1.40 GHz" I have 8 GB ram, 7.88 GB is usable, my system type is "64-bit operating system, x64-based processor". I am using Windows 10 Pro version 1909. I am facing a difficulty in...
  7. Update Issues Relating to VBox VirtualBox

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. how to fix the virtualbox is not compatable on windows 11 problem?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to fix the virtualbox is not compatable on windows 11 problem?: I am trying to install window 11 on my pc and it keeps telling me to uninstall VirtualBox which i do not have, i tried to instal virtual box and completly remove it and i also removed all possible emulators and files and restarted multiple time yet it still shows the same...
  9. how to fix the virtualbox is not compatable on windows 11 problem?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to fix the virtualbox is not compatable on windows 11 problem?: I am trying to install window 11 on my pc and it keeps telling me to uninstall VirtualBox which i do not have, i tried to instal virtual box and completly remove it and i also removed all possible emulators and files and restarted multiple time yet it still shows the same...
  10. Cannot use Insider program in VirtualBox Machine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot use Insider program in VirtualBox Machine: When one problem gets solved, another problem arises.I just installed Windows 11 after many struggles and now i cannot use the insider programit says that my pc does not have the minimum requirements to run insider programwhat should i do?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows phone virtualbox

2. debug virtualbox install error

3. windows vt-t virtual-box

4. windows 10 pro 1903 unable to use oracle virtual box