Windows 10: VirtualBox

Discus and support VirtualBox in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; so do i install the windows 10 installaton media from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 and put that on my VM how would i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GalacticJason, Nov 26, 2020.

1. VirtualBox

so do i install the windows 10 installaton media from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 and put that on my VM

how would i put the file on my VM to be a "guest OS"

:)

GalacticJason, Nov 26, 2020
  2. PuB_Evo Win User

Sun VirtualBox

Been there and done that. Followed through enabling the 3D acceleration and as told i hit the "Install Guest Addition" to install the drivers in the guest operating system, after that i was told to reboot the VirtualBox and came to the blue windows XP shutdown screen... It was on that screen for more then 30mins and so i force a shutdown on the original Win7 OS to et rid of the VirtualBox OS shutdown screen. Rebooted and tested VirtualBox with the game and got the same error message as shown in my first post.

EDIT: Gone through all the steps till i came to rebooting the VirtualBox OS. After the system coming up normally, i checked if the 3D acceleration is enabled by running dxdiag. Here is what i get...

VirtualBox DirectX.png

Need advise to fix 3D acceleration so i can go on. Thank you so much!

PuB_Evo, Nov 26, 2020
  3. Fafhrd Win User
    BSODs starting Virtualbox VMs

Just an update. Puppy Linux works fine in Virtualbox on 10586.218 x86 on the Compaq laptop.

Next step is to check with the TP build 14332, which I'm not looking forward to... *Shock

Fafhrd, Nov 26, 2020
  4. temp02 Win User

VirtualBox

Sun VirtualBox

I doubt that you will be able to get full 3D acceleration (and VirtualBox is the best VM in that field IMO), so the only advice available that I can give you is to turn 3D acceleration on and install your graphic card drivers (on the host machine), follow this guide to enable the 3D acceleration option on VirtualBox.

EDIT: more info here.

temp02, Nov 26, 2020
Thema:

VirtualBox

1. VirtualBox - Similar Threads - VirtualBox

2. Windows 10 install using VirtualBox

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 install using VirtualBox: Mac user needing Windows for gaming. Installed Windows 10 using VirtualBox but once installed, the screen size was half the size of my MacBook Pro. I've gone into Display and adjusted the resolution which has made the screen readable it was tiny before but no luck. Can anyone...
  3. "Why did my pc restart" problem Windows 10 VM Virtualbox

"Why did my pc restart" problem Windows 10 VM Virtualbox: When I installed clean Windows 10 on my VM, it kept restarting until I had the problem, "Why did my pc restart", I was looking for clues that recovery needs to be restored to factory settings, so I did, and it doesn't work. Windows 10, and it still doesn't work, anyone know?...
  4. "Why did my pc restart" problem VM Virtualbox

"Why did my pc restart" problem VM Virtualbox: When I installed clean Windows 10 on my VM, it kept restarting until I had the problem, "Why did my pc restart", I was looking for clues that recovery needs to be restored to factory settings, so I did, and it doesn't work. Windows 10, and it still doesn't work, anyone know?...
  5. Is it possible to Run Windows 10 In Virtualbox, and What's the Catch?

Is it possible to Run Windows 10 In Virtualbox, and What's the Catch?: Okay, I decided to remove Windows from both of my Pcs and replace it with Ubuntu Linux. I've installed Virtualbox and decided to Run Windows 10 as a gues OS on my machines. Here's why I've chosen to run Windows as a guest OS: I prefer to run Windows 10 in a virtual machine...
  6. Reinstall Windows 10 to VirtualBox - what are my options?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reinstall Windows 10 to VirtualBox - what are my options?: Hi Everyone. I have purchased a new Lenovo IdeaPad 3 laptop. Today I will replace the pre-installed Windows 10 with GNU/Linux Ubuntu 20.04.1 LTS. Since there is a slight possibility my daughter's nursing school program may require Windows 10 I am hoping to re-install...
  7. Computer shuts off randomly when using VirtualBox

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer shuts off randomly when using VirtualBox: Hello! Here is my specs: Intel Core i7 4790k - 4.00 GHz Geforce GTX 1060 ti Asus ROG Maximus VII ------------------------------- So, I have been having this problem with my PC recently. My computer will shut off randomly when using VirtualBox. What is the culprit?...
  8. When i shut down my pc it said virtualbox interface has actuve connections

When i shut down my pc it said virtualbox interface has actuve connections: So i was editing a video and had a couple of programs open when my screen went black for a couple of seconds and went back to normal. This happened a couple of times. Notes: i needed to animate a part for my video so i opened bluestacks but for some reason it was laggy. So i...
  9. I can't open VirtualBox 5.1 after the update of the host windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't open VirtualBox 5.1 after the update of the host windows 10: I have installed VirtualBox 5.1 on my host windows 10. I worked with it for one year I have ubuntu installed on the VirtualBox. I had no problème. I did an update last week and after that, I can't open VirtualBox. I can't execute it like an administrator. It says to me...
  10. Can i use sandbox within a Virtualbox ?

Can i use sandbox within a Virtualbox ?: Hey folks, In new windows update, can i use sandbox and having virtualbox ? Because i remember if the sandbox was enabled the virtual wouldnt work submitted by /u/foremtehan [link] [comments]...