Windows 10: VirtualBox

Discus and support VirtualBox in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; I've been trying to install Andyroid but the install of virtual box always fails and removes itself with no message saying why. I have search and it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by IanR, May 17, 2015.

1. IanR Win User

VirtualBox

I've been trying to install Andyroid but the install of virtual box always fails and removes itself with no message saying why. I have search and it seems some have git it to install without any fuss so there's little help for me on the internet.

As you would expect 99% of the search is how to install Windows 10 in virtual box not the other way around.

Anyone managed it or got any tips?

I have tried running it in Windows 8 compatibility and that didn't work.

:)

2. vasosnikitaras, May 17, 2015
  3. virtualbox

The newest versions do but the built in Hyper-v works better

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), May 17, 2015
  4. strollin Win User

VirtualBox

strollin, May 17, 2015
  5. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there
    Try an EARLIER release of VBOX.

Personally though while VBOX might have the latest stuff in it I prefer to use VMWARE VPLAYER (also free) as it IMO seems much more stable and reliable.

I think there are some android versions you can run under VMware this is for Workstation -- same though applies to VMware player

http://www.vladan.fr/how-to-install-...e-workstation/

Here are some images you can use too if you can get the vm software sorted out.

Android x86 VM images for VMware and VirtualBox

For your specific andyroid OS the same mechanism should work --it's only a Linux OS after all --my own view is I'd rather use the full Android OS in a VM than the Andyroid emulator.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, May 17, 2015
  6. NokiLoki Win User
    Try unchecking the VirtualBox Bridged Networking option (third picture from the top on this link)

NokiLoki, May 20, 2015
  7. IanR Win User
    Yeah that worked to get it installed but no vm starts it throws up an error. I have not installed it again yet after the 10122 update but have the latest beta downloaded and we'll try it again later

8. DaddyG Win User

VirtualBox

Hi there

If the VM's continue not to start even with the latest beta, uninstall VirtualBox and then reinstall again but this time with version 4.3.12.
    There have been many problems (due to introduced 'security hardening') in versions after that ie VM's won't start.
    Worth a try.

DaddyG, May 21, 2015
  9. I am running build 10122 and did have problems installing the latest release of VB.
    I then installed VB 4.2.30 and everything is fine. I installed Mint 17.1 Rebecca and so far no problems.
    shipinomore

shipinomore10, May 24, 2015
  10. YOU
    You Win User
    This is a little late, but according to the developers, it is not fully compatible with Windows 10 yet.

11. derek10 Win User
    Virtualbox 5 works like a charm here (with Windows XP though). It's better to run Android through its emulator (AVD)

derek10, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

VirtualBox

1. VirtualBox - Similar Threads - VirtualBox

2. Can't Uninstall VirtualBox 6.1.5

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Uninstall VirtualBox 6.1.5: This is a Screenshot of the Error:I can't seem to find the "'r18kd76rlxc34qi901lhjdp5.msi'" file, which is causing this error. Also I check the "VirtualBox" folder, it doesn't contain the "uninstall.exe" file. I checked around for solutions followed this link :...
  3. Can't Uninstall VirtualBox 6.1.5

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Uninstall VirtualBox 6.1.5: This is a Screenshot of the Error:I can't seem to find the "'r18kd76rlxc34qi901lhjdp5.msi'" file, which is causing this error. Also I check the "VirtualBox" folder, it doesn't contain the "uninstall.exe" file. I checked around for solutions followed this link :...
  4. Unable to install VirtualBox NDIS6 Bridged Networking Driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to install VirtualBox NDIS6 Bridged Networking Driver: I am Unable to install VirtualBox NDIS6 Bridged Networking Driver. I keep getting the error :Could not add the requested feature. the error is: The specified module could not be found.Can someone help me in resolving the issue as I am unable to connect my virtual boxes to the...
  5. Unable to install VirtualBox NDIS6 Bridged Networking Driver

Unable to install VirtualBox NDIS6 Bridged Networking Driver: I am Unable to install VirtualBox NDIS6 Bridged Networking Driver. I keep getting the error :Could not add the requested feature. the error is: The specified module could not be found.Can someone help me in resolving the issue as I am unable to connect my virtual boxes to the...
  6. How to install Kali Linux in VirtualBox

in Windows 10 News
    How to install Kali Linux in VirtualBox: [IMG]Are you interested in exploring the world of cybersecurity? Installing Kali Linux in VirtualBox is a fundamental step that offers a convenient and safe environment to do so. It is a specialized Linux distribution designed for digital forensics, penetration testing, and...
  7. Convert a VirtualBox Fixed Disk to a Dynamic or vice versa

in Windows 10 News
    Convert a VirtualBox Fixed Disk to a Dynamic or vice versa: [IMG]When creating a virtual machine, you are asked to select a disk type, you can either go for Fixed Disk or Dynamic Disk. What if you went for a Fixed Disk and later on realized that you need a dynamic one, or vice-versa? Well! You can convert one into another. In this...
  8. How to increase Disk size in VirtualBox [Guide]

in Windows 10 News
    How to increase Disk size in VirtualBox [Guide]: [IMG]How often have we encountered a situation where the predefined disk size lacks space to accommodate more data? If you require more space on your virtual machine’s hard disk at a later stage, you will have to expand the virtual hard disk and partition. In this post, we...
  9. Unable to install Guest Additions in VirtualBox

in Windows 10 News
    Unable to install Guest Additions in VirtualBox: [ATTACH]It may happen that you are unable to install Guest Additions to a virtual machine in Oracle VirtualBox. When we click on Devices > Install Guest Additions CD Image, it does nothing but throw an error as follows: VirtualBox – Error: Unable to insert the virtual optical...
  10. Update Issues Relating to VBox VirtualBox

Update Issues Relating to VBox VirtualBox: I currently am using an HP ELITEX2 with a processor of "IntelR CoreTM M-5Y71 CPU @ 1.20 GHz 1.40 GHz" I have 8 GB ram, 7.88 GB is usable, my system type is "64-bit operating system, x64-based processor". I am using Windows 10 Pro version 1909. I am facing a difficulty in...