Windows 10: Virtualisation disables ethernet adapter completely

Discus and support Virtualisation disables ethernet adapter completely in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I am enabling virtualisation support from Programs and Features, my Ethernet adapter no longer shows up in adapter options. I have checked device... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Abhirup Nandy, Jan 25, 2021.

1. Virtualisation disables ethernet adapter completely

When I am enabling virtualisation support from Programs and Features, my Ethernet adapter no longer shows up in adapter options. I have checked device manager, where the adapter seems to show an error, with a Code-48. I have tried all possible fixes for the Code-48 error but nothing works. When I disable the virtualization support, the adapter comes back up without any error and works just fine.

:)

Abhirup Nandy, Jan 25, 2021
  2. rez001 Win User

IP configuration not valid - interference from ethernet adapter?

Solution 1: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1or Windows 10

Step 1:

Go to Device Manager → Network adapters.
    Step 2:

Expand it (Network adapters).

Step 3:

Select your network adapter

Step 4:

Right click on your wireless network adapter or Ethernet adapter and then tap “Update Driver Software”.
    (in this case your network adopter is Ethernet adopter so tap your Ethernet adapter)
    Step 5:

Now on a new window you will need to click on “Browse my computer for driver software”.

Virtualisation disables ethernet adapter completely [​IMG]

Step 6:

Then select “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”.

Step 7:

Now choose the “Manufacturer’s drivers” from the list of two and then click next.

Step 8:

After the completion of the process just restart your PC and check if the problem is solved or not. If not, goto solution 2.

Solution 2: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1,windows10

Step 1:

Open command prompt.
    Step 2:

Just go on hitting the enter after typing the each command.
    netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled
    netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disable
    netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled
    Step 3:

Now to check if the settings are disabled type:
    netsh int tcp show global
    then hit enter.
    Step 4:

Now the thing left is just rebooting your system and just check if the problem is solved or not and just give feedback.*chuckle*Thumbs

rez001, Jan 25, 2021
  3. GRAH! Ethernet adapter NOT working!

thanks for the replies guys.

i tried most of whats been suggested already. restarted router, installed the latest drivers from nvidia for the nforce chipset + ethernet, and the adapter isn't disabled (its getting a wacked out ip address compared to the rest of the systems on the network, and occasionally, i can ping.)

randomperson21, Jan 25, 2021
  4. kecidek Win User

Virtualisation disables ethernet adapter completely

Issues with integrated Ethernet and PCI-E Ethernet adapters

Hello,

Recently my on-board Ethernet port stopped working. At first I noticed that I no longer had the Wired Connection in the bottom right of my taskbar, instead replaced by the Wi-Fi symbol. I checked to make sure that my ethernet cable was plugged in, and that the lights on either side of the cable were blinking. They were. I then checked my Device Manager to make sure the driver was still there. It was. The only issue I could see was that my ethernet adapter no longer showed up in my network settings, only my Wi-Fi adapter was listed. I noticed in Windows Update, it mentioned that it failed to install a driver for a network component, so I decided I would look for the most up to date driver for my ethernet adapter online, and install it myself. Here is where the real trouble started; Every time I try to uninstall the driver for my ethernet adapter, including when I tell it to delete local files, it comes right back. I've tried disabling it first, and then uninstalling, and even completely disabling my windows update, and automatic device installer, but it still comes back every time. After a few hours of trying this with no luck, I decided to just run Recovery, and luckily it gave me a restore point to just before it ran the last Windows update. After recovery ran, everything worked, until I shut my computer off. When it booted back up, the ethernet adapter was missing again. Went through the same steps; Recover and wait. This worked, and I disabled Windows Update, and it has worked since. However, this fix isn't good enough for me. I want the latest updates from Microsoft, so I just decided to buy a new PCI-E Ethernet Adapter, and hope that would work better. I installed the card into my computer, and it didn't show up in my list of network adapters either, yet the driver for it shows up in device manager. I can also not uninstall this driver. What is wrong with windows? Why can I not delete a driver and just have it list the hardware under Other Devices as an unknown device? Is there some firewall setting that stops me from deleting drivers? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

kecidek, Jan 25, 2021
Thema:

Virtualisation disables ethernet adapter completely

1. Virtualisation disables ethernet adapter completely - Similar Threads - Virtualisation disables ethernet

2. Ethernet speed keeps changing to 10mbps after a Disconnect/Disabling the ethernet adapter...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet speed keeps changing to 10mbps after a Disconnect/Disabling the ethernet adapter...: Hi,I have used wifi for a long time to use the internet in my windows 11 desktop. Recently Ive switched to wired/ethernet connection and facing a very annoying issue that is, it connects as 100mbps Full-Duplex max speed supported by my router but if I disable the ethernet...
  3. Ethernet speed keeps changing to 10mbps after a Disconnect/Disabling the ethernet adapter...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet speed keeps changing to 10mbps after a Disconnect/Disabling the ethernet adapter...: Hi,I have used wifi for a long time to use the internet in my windows 11 desktop. Recently Ive switched to wired/ethernet connection and facing a very annoying issue that is, it connects as 100mbps Full-Duplex max speed supported by my router but if I disable the ethernet...
  4. How do I completely disable adaptive hibernate?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How do I completely disable adaptive hibernate?: I have tried many things suggested in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/surface/forum/surfbook-surfperf/how-to-disable-adaptive-hibernation/f8ac61bd-1ea5-442e-8080-af9c2842f71f, but my surface pro X does not have the option that I am supposed to disable. How do I fully and...
  5. ethernet adapter is disabled on my desktop computer help

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ethernet adapter is disabled on my desktop computer help: can anyone help me to enable my Ethernet adapter on my new desktop computer? my lease is up. I didn't know I leased anything when I bought this computer. thanks windows 10...
  6. Disable Virtualisation Based Security, but how?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable Virtualisation Based Security, but how?: GDay All, I have an AMD based PC running Windows 10 Pro and I recently installed WSL & WSL2 and since that time, I am unable to run Ryzen Master. Whenever I start Ryzen Master I get the following message: "Ryzen Master can only run with Virtualisation Based Security VBS...
  7. Ethernet Adapter Keeps Getting Disabled Automatically Very Frequently

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet Adapter Keeps Getting Disabled Automatically Very Frequently: I am facing this weird problem from past many months where my Ethernet connection is getting disabled by itself automatically and it is happening very frequently. Even after having a high speed 100 Mbps connection it is happening. I researched about this topic in many...
  8. Virtualising windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Virtualising windows: I want to virtualise windows 10 within my OS (also windows 10) but whenever i have SVM mode enabled (basically AMD-V) in my BIOS only half my screen is visible when windows boots up. I use a Gigabyte B450M-DS3H motherboard Have any of you encountered this problem and do any...
  9. Disable ethernet

Disable ethernet: I connected to a mobile hotspot recently, and now this "No Internet" option is showing on top of the Wi-Fi page. [ATTACH] When I click on it, it takes me to the ethernet settings page. How can I remove this from the list? Right clicking the device in settings does nothing....
  10. (Windows 10) Ethernet adapter keeps "disabling"

(Windows 10) Ethernet adapter keeps "disabling": Hello, This may be a hardware issue, but I figure I'd start here. I've had multiple instances where Users here will take their laptops home (Lenovo T480s Thinkpad) and upon return to the office, and inserting the laptop back into it's docking station, the Ethernet...