Windows 10: Virtualise a Windows 10 Machine

Discus and support Virtualise a Windows 10 Machine in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi Guys, I am trying to virtualise a Windows 10 machine for a customer. I have done this many times before using Disk2VHD but normally on Servers.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GavinLythgoe, Nov 17, 2020.

1. Virtualise a Windows 10 Machine

Hi Guys,

I am trying to virtualise a Windows 10 machine for a customer. I have done this many times before using Disk2VHD but normally on Servers. When I try and run it on this machine I get an error 'Error snapshotting volumes: The parameter is incorrect.'. The computer has three drives listed SYSTEM_DRV, WINRE_DRV and the C: drive, if I deselect the first two then it works fine but the resulting VHD is not usable in HyperV. So the error is something to do with the first two drives. Has anybody else come across this problem and know a way round it? Is it a problem with newer versions of Windows 10?

I have tried it on two machines one is running Windows 10 Pro Ver. 2004 and the other is running Windows 10 Enterprise Ver. 20H2. I get the same error on both. Both machines were also on an running when I tried to do it.

Thanks for any help!

Gavin

:)

GavinLythgoe, Nov 17, 2020
  2. acw260 Win User

Virtualisation on Windows 10 host machine

I have recently upgraded to Windows 10 and some software I use is not supported. It has been suggested that I run a virtual earlier Windows machine using my Windows 10 OS as the host. I'm new to virtualisation. Will Hyper-V run on a host Windows 10 OS? Is
    there a more appropriate virtualisation package I should be looking at?

Any advice appreciated.

acw260, Nov 17, 2020
  3. Couldnt virtualise on Windows 10

Hi
    I havent been able to virtualise on Windows 10. I am not finding Hyper-V listed on Windows Feature list.
    So I went to BIOS and enabled the Virtualisation Technology 'VT-X' only. Can you think of a solution to this problem please? I need to insal SAS software on virtualisation.

I use Toshiba C-850. I enclose the screenshot.

Thanks

nairunni60, Nov 17, 2020
  4. Virtualise a Windows 10 Machine

Couldnt virtualise on Windows 10

Hi
    I havent been able to virtualise on Windows 10. I am not finding Hyper-V listed on Windows Feature list.
    So I went to BIOS and enabled the Virtualisation Technology 'VT-X' only. Can you think of a solution to this problem please? I need to insal SAS software on virtualisation.

I use Toshiba C-850.

Thanks

nairunni60, Nov 17, 2020
Thema:

Virtualise a Windows 10 Machine

1. Virtualise a Windows 10 Machine - Similar Threads - Virtualise Machine

2. I need to turn on Virtualisation on my windows 10. pls help. how to get past asrock...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need to turn on Virtualisation on my windows 10. pls help. how to get past asrock...: Pls help anyone. i need to use google play. but it wont work. HOW TO GET VIRTUALISATION TO WORK??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-turn-on-virtualisation-on-my-windows-10/2e4b623c-2bfa-4447-a5a6-687040d10a92
  3. I need to turn on Virtualisation on my windows 10. pls help. how to get past asrock...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need to turn on Virtualisation on my windows 10. pls help. how to get past asrock...: Pls help anyone. i need to use google play. but it wont work. HOW TO GET VIRTUALISATION TO WORK??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-turn-on-virtualisation-on-my-windows-10/2e4b623c-2bfa-4447-a5a6-687040d10a92
  4. How to enable virtualisation in BIOS??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to enable virtualisation in BIOS??: In my window 11 laptop Dell Inspiron 15 3511 with 11gen Intel R core i3-1115G4 it shows virtualisation is enabled in task manager but app installer which requires virtualisation show virtualisation is disabled so enable it. I have verified my laptop has virtualisation option,...
  5. How to enable virtualisation in BIOS??

How to enable virtualisation in BIOS??: In my window 11 laptop Dell Inspiron 15 3511 with 11gen Intel R core i3-1115G4 it shows virtualisation is enabled in task manager but app installer which requires virtualisation show virtualisation is disabled so enable it. I have verified my laptop has virtualisation option,...
  6. Hardware Virtualisation in Win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hardware Virtualisation in Win 11: My laptop HP Notebook - 15s-du0101tu with Windows 11 could I enable Hardware Virtualisation. What does it do. When I bought it had Win 10 since then upgraded to Win 11.If so, how do I enable it, hope it is not complicated !!!I have Kaspersky Internet Software installed....
  7. Hardware Virtualisation in Win 11

Hardware Virtualisation in Win 11: My laptop HP Notebook - 15s-du0101tu with Windows 11 could I enable Hardware Virtualisation. What does it do. When I bought it had Win 10 since then upgraded to Win 11.If so, how do I enable it, hope it is not complicated !!!I have Kaspersky Internet Software installed....
  8. my pc is safe if i enable virtualisation in bios ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my pc is safe if i enable virtualisation in bios ?: i want to instal bluestacks but i need to enable virtualisation is safe or no ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-is-safe-if-i-enable-virtualisation-in-bios/26917fdb-d58e-453c-b015-113990bc5bbc
  9. my pc is safe if i enable virtualisation in bios ?

my pc is safe if i enable virtualisation in bios ?: i want to instal bluestacks but i need to enable virtualisation is safe or no ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-is-safe-if-i-enable-virtualisation-in-bios/26917fdb-d58e-453c-b015-113990bc5bbc
  10. Boot Repair Loop after enabling either "windows sandbox/bios virtualisation SVM"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot Repair Loop after enabling either "windows sandbox/bios virtualisation SVM": Hello,I recently upgraded to win 11 pro to use windows sandbox and hyper-v. In "turn windows features on or off", upon enabling windows sandbox I was prompted to restart where the laptop got stuck in a boot loop. To fix I tried:-updating the bios-reinstalling windows-running...