Windows 10: Virtualization and gaming very slow on 1809

Discus and support Virtualization and gaming very slow on 1809 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, I recently re-installed Windows on my laptop to get 1809 before Windows Update got it. Everything is quite fast as before, but Linux Virtualbox... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by kogjhp, Dec 6, 2018.

1. kogjhp Win User

Virtualization and gaming very slow on 1809

Hi,

I recently re-installed Windows on my laptop to get 1809 before Windows Update got it.

Everything is quite fast as before, but Linux Virtualbox VMs and all big games (GTAV, The Witcher 3, Far Cry 3) have unacceptable lag that makes them near unusable. VMs have a roughly one-second delay reacting to mouse input, and games have less than 10 FPS; in some situations they are so slow that I can't play at all. On 1803, I usually had near-instant reaction in VMs and between 30 and 60FPS in these games, with only thermal throttling coming up sometimes.

I have all the latest Windows updates, I tried with the Windows Update-supplied Nvidia drivers, then with those from GeForce Experience. Dell's SupportAssist fails to install the latest Intel Graphics drivers, but since Windows Update doesn't have these I suppose I have the version I'm supposed to have.

I have no idea in which direction to search so I don't know what information may be useful, hopefully someone will have an idea and ask if necessary.

:)

kogjhp, Dec 6, 2018
  2. Portugal Win User

Slow download speed after creating Hyper-V External Virtual Switch

Hello.
    After buying a new PC (its specs are on my profile), enabling Hyper-V and creating a new External Virtual Switch, I notice that the download speed drops dramatically. My internet conneciton is 1Gbps down and 200Mbps up.

Without External Virtual Switch:

Virtualization and gaming very slow on 1809 [​IMG]

• Iperf with a host on the same LAN (upload 911Mbps, download 777Mbps):

• Lan Speed test (746 Mbps upload and 716 Mbps download):

With External Virtual Switch:

• CPU usage while on Speedtest (notice the first core is fully maxed out):

• Lan Speed Test (742 Mbps upload and 596Mbps download):

• Iperf with a host on the same LAN (upload 861 Mbps, download 583 Mbps):

• CPU usage while on Iperf (download) - Notice, once again, Core 1 fully maxed out​:

Conclusion

When the External Virtual Switch is enabled, I assume the download speed is lower due to the fact one CPU core is being maxed out, my question is why? Why isn't the load spread throughout the cores?
    Is anyone experiencing a similar issue?

Regards.

Portugal, Dec 6, 2018
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Virtual Tennis 4 is not working in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• Have you updated all the pending updates?

• Have you updated the display driver?
    I suggest you to install the Virtual Tennis 4 in compatibility mode and check if it helps.

Follow the steps below.

1. Download the Game from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the driver and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the Game install and then check the functionality

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Dec 6, 2018
  4. cereberus Win User

Slow download speed after creating Hyper-V External Virtual Switch

Have you set the number of cores to 8 in hyer-v settings (virtual processor). No idea otherwise.

cereberus, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

1. Virtualization and gaming very slow on 1809 - Similar Threads - Virtualization gaming very

2. Very slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Very slow: I am trying to downgrade my extremely slow windows 10 laptop to windows 7 but I got an error saying Windows could not retrieve information about the disks on this computer and it even takes so long to startup and show my account and password box and when I type in my password...
  3. Very slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Very slow: I am trying to downgrade my extremely slow windows 10 laptop to windows 7 but I got an error saying Windows could not retrieve information about the disks on this computer and it even takes so long to startup and show my account and password box and when I type in my password...
  4. new Pc very slow in old game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    new Pc very slow in old game: Im playing a game from 2006 which uses directx9 and I recently bought a new pc. My fps are between 25-45 in this game and in other high end games I easly reach 144. How can I fix this?...
  5. new Pc very slow in old game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    new Pc very slow in old game: Im playing a game from 2006 which uses directx9 and I recently bought a new pc. My fps are between 25-45 in this game and in other high end games I easly reach 144. How can I fix this?...
  6. Facebook games running very slow not in sync

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Facebook games running very slow not in sync: Why are video games on Facebook running so slow I have tried to play on Chrome and internet explorer, Microsoft Edge, they are all doing the same thing it frustrating to say the least. Anyone know what going on? please comment...
  7. very slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    very slow: my device very slow https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/very-slow/eaf30d84-58ab-4c41-9f93-dc2c1b7f95ce
  8. 1 game on D: Drive but very slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    1 game on D: Drive but very slow: Hello! I run only 1 game on the D: drive of my Windows 10 computer, and my C: drive is about 75% full. However, when I run the game that is on my D: drive, it acts as though the memory is full-the game is good for about 5 minutes, then the FPS drops to, like, 0.5 frames a...
  9. win 10 (1809)very slow to load programs and downloading.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    win 10 (1809)very slow to load programs and downloading.: Is there anyway to indepth trouble shooting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-1809very-slow-to-load-programs-and/f67e6720-03f2-407c-9876-290c7650ca26
  10. Games slow on 1809

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games slow on 1809: The last build that games work properly on. [img] Two Windows on same machine, just separate SSDs. One is this standard 1809 clean installation and other one last Skippy but now I'm talking only about this normal 1809. So, as I said, same machine, same drivers, same...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hyper v gaming performance

2. virtual machines slow after 1809 update

3. hyper-v gaming performance