Windows 10: Virtualization and malware

Discus and support Virtualization and malware in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Does enabling virtualization in the bios and hyper-v make it easier for malware to hide on a win10 system? Or do the benefits outweigh the risks? s... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by benedict, Jan 6, 2021.

1. benedict Win User

Virtualization and malware

benedict, Jan 6, 2021
  2. Le Boule Win User
    Le Boule, Jan 6, 2021
  3. Boatvan Win User
    Did our Epson printer get hacked?

Another question, is this on a home network or a work network? The steps @eidairaman1 listed are always a good first step. If this is on a work network you manage, I'd be much more concerned than the home one. It is possible someone is screwing with you, but malware could also be the culprit.

Boatvan, Jan 6, 2021
  4. Virtualization and malware

Best way to remove problem Malware

Hi There,

I am trying to remove a bundle of Malware without success.

There is a bundle of listed programs which I try to uninstall through the typical Control Panel effort, but they remain listed there:

Buenosearch Toolbar
    MyPC Backup
    PC Performer
    Speed Test 127
    UnknownFile

I was looking at this weblink which provides a 5 step process for Buenosearch alone:
    Remove Bueno Search (Removal Guide)

Not sure how much certain guides can be trusted. One of the first things I read was to download Revo Uninstaller, and I've not heard of it so I'm not sure if it's trustworthy..........

radioraheem, Jan 6, 2021
Thema:

Virtualization and malware

1. Virtualization and malware - Similar Threads - Virtualization malware

2. Is it safe to manage Virtual Memory Pagefile In Windows 10 and change settings or not

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it safe to manage Virtual Memory Pagefile In Windows 10 and change settings or not: On websites and videos I noticed people talk about changing settings for Virtual memory in Windows 10.They say it is ok to change the minimum and maximum size of the Pagefile physical memory also on the Virtual Memory box, uncheck the Automatically manage paging file size for...
  3. Is it safe to manage Virtual Memory Pagefile In Windows 10 and change settings or not

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it safe to manage Virtual Memory Pagefile In Windows 10 and change settings or not: On websites and videos I noticed people talk about changing settings for Virtual memory in Windows 10.They say it is ok to change the minimum and maximum size of the Pagefile physical memory also on the Virtual Memory box, uncheck the Automatically manage paging file size for...
  4. Is it safe to manage Virtual Memory Pagefile In Windows 10 and change settings or not

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. applications launching on unlisted virtual desktops

in Windows 10 Customization
    applications launching on unlisted virtual desktops: Hi all,I am having an Issue on my Intel NUC running Windows 10 Pro. Some applications that I try to launch e.g. Task manager, google chrome, will launch successfully but on unlisted desktops. I thought task Manager was broken initially, but I saw this problem when accessing...
  6. Malware Infecting all Virtual Machines

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Malware Infecting all Virtual Machines: Has anyone else been experiencing issues with malware infecting all your machines including android phones and apple iphones? I’ve been narrowing it down for the last two months, and I’m not sure how it got started but it’s spreading through out the entire house basically...
  7. Best protection for windows 11 virtualization against malwares, viruses and phishing...

Best protection for windows 11 virtualization against malwares, viruses and phishing...: Which option will give the best protection against malwares, viruses and phishing attacks on my Windows 11 pc? Is it enabling ‘Core isolation’ on windows system or enabling ‘Hardware virtualization’ from Kaspersky Total Security’ which I installed as anti-virus in my...
  8. Malware em la maquina virtual

Malware em la maquina virtual: Chicos, cuando un virus infecta la máquina virtual y establece la configuración para propagar este virus a las redes locales, podemos decir que este virus se escapa de la máquina virtual, pero ¿hay alguna forma de bloquearlo?...
  9. virtual machine to test malware

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    virtual machine to test malware: So let's say theres an app I want, but it's from a really sketchy russian site and I'm almost certain it has a virus. But I really need that app and can't find any other sites to download it from. Can I set up a virtual machine and download that app on it to see if it has a...
  10. Virtual Machines, VPN, malware, security etc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virtual Machines, VPN, malware, security etc: Hi, I'm just reading about virtual machines and think it can be very useful for web browsers who may choose to frequent the less...salbrious areas of the world wide web. What i wanted to know is it a fool proof way of protecting your host system from rogue applications ?...