Windows 10: virtualization based security

Discus and support virtualization based security in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Should virtualization based security be enabled. I find under system information that mine is disabled. 132401 Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by maranna, May 12, 2019.

1. maranna Win User

virtualization based security

Should virtualization based security be enabled. I find under system information that mine is disabled.

:)

maranna, May 12, 2019
  2. qubit Win User

Corporate Security Solution

That made me so facepalm. Some people have absolutely no clue. I hope they don't take you for granted with all this you're doing for them.

SonicWall is a good security product, so Mindweaver's suggestion sounds like a good one and should make for a rather bigger baby step. Let's hope they take it.

qubit, May 12, 2019
  3. curatia Win User
    Microsoft Edge TLS Security

After trying everything (not a lot of steps) listed in the Microsoft Edge support site, I did a wider search and found this very simple youtube video that fixed it immediately:

For those who prefer not to click links the steps are simple:

1. Click in the Cortana search bar next to the Win 10 Start button

2. Type internet options

3. Select internet options (control panel) from the list

4. Click on the advanced tab

5. Scroll down to the security section

6. Make sure the following are all clicked:
    Use SSL 3.0
    Use TLS 1.0
    Use TLS 1.1
    Use TLS 1.2

7. Click apply

8. Refresh the page that was giving the error and it should now connect.

Hope this helps, it was a 30 second fix after hours of pounding my head against the error with the Support site suggestions.

curatia, May 12, 2019
  4. S_and_S Win User

Installing a Virtual Machine in Windows 10

Step #1 is to decide which virtual machine software you wish to install.

The three most popular choices are:

• VirtualBox (from Oracle)
    • VMWare Workstation Player (from VMWare); and
    • Hyper-V (from Microsoft)

Once you've made your choice you can find detailed, illustrated instructions for installing each one on the internet.

As a personal suggestion: You might find it easier to use either VirtualBox or VMWare Workstation Player. Hyper-V is more complicated to setup.

Between VirtualBox and VMWare, I think you'll find VirtualBox more user-friendly, and it has the advantage of allowing you to create checkpoints - backups of your virtual machine - whereas to do that in VMWare you'll need to upgrade to their (expensive!)
    paid version.

S_and_S, May 12, 2019
Thema:

1. virtualization based security - Similar Threads - virtualization based security

2. Virtualization based on core i7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virtualization based on core i7: A Dell Latitude laptop with an Intel Core i7 processor runs Microsoft Windows 10 and Microsoft Windows 11 side by side.The laptop came installed with Windows 10.There is no known installation of a hypervisor before the Windows 11 was installed.Is this an example or...
  3. DIsable virtualization based security on Windows 11 Workstation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DIsable virtualization based security on Windows 11 Workstation: HII have followed this to disable virtualization based security https://www.anoopcnair.com/disable-virtualization-based-security-windows/but no matter what i do value in registry still comes at 1 although i run registry as administrator i tried in group policy i removed...
  4. DIsable virtualization based security on Windows 11 Workstation

DIsable virtualization based security on Windows 11 Workstation: HII have followed this to disable virtualization based security https://www.anoopcnair.com/disable-virtualization-based-security-windows/but no matter what i do value in registry still comes at 1 although i run registry as administrator i tried in group policy i removed...
  5. Virtualization Based Security VBS, Device Guard, Core Isolation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Virtualization Based Security VBS, Device Guard, Core Isolation: Hello, everyone!Can I add my service to Virtualization Based Security ?Now, it has Credential Guard and Hypervisor enforced Code Integrity. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virtualization-based-security-vbs-device-guard/e6516c9a-20a7-40d8-9a1b-ff65894b8bb1
  6. Virtualization Based Security VBS, Device Guard, Core Isolation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virtualization Based Security VBS, Device Guard, Core Isolation: Hello, everyone!Can I add my service to Virtualization Based Security ?Now, it has Credential Guard and Hypervisor enforced Code Integrity. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virtualization-based-security-vbs-device-guard/e6516c9a-20a7-40d8-9a1b-ff65894b8bb1
  7. Virtualization Based Security VBS, Device Guard, Core Isolation

8. virtualization based security

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    virtualization based security: Should virtualization based security be enabled. I find under system information that mine is disabled. 132401
  9. Virtualization Based Security presenting an issue.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Virtualization Based Security presenting an issue.: Hello. I am writing because I was checking my event viewer today and I found a message error stating the core was disable and follow the message advice to re-enabled it. According to my group policy configuration, my computer supports all locks for VBS security but when I...
  10. Virtualization-based security (VBS) memory enclaves: Data protection

in Windows 10 News
    Virtualization-based security (VBS) memory enclaves: Data protection: The escalating sophistication of cyberattacks is marked by the increased use of kernel-level exploits that attempt to run malware with the highest privileges and evade security solutions and software sandboxes. Kernel exploits famously gave the WannaCry and Petya ransomware...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. secure enclave windows