Windows 10: Virtualized Windows XP Embedded machine will boot normally but BSOD in safe mode

Discus and support Virtualized Windows XP Embedded machine will boot normally but BSOD in safe mode in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello,I created a virtual machine from a drive image taken from a Windows XP Embedded machine. Initially, I had a BSOD with STOP: 0x0000007B when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MK_Rincewind, Jan 29, 2024.

1. Virtualized Windows XP Embedded machine will boot normally but BSOD in safe mode

Hello,I created a virtual machine from a drive image taken from a Windows XP Embedded machine. Initially, I had a BSOD with STOP: 0x0000007B when trying to boot normally, but I remedied that by mounting the SYSTEM hive in a different VM and manually applying the registry and driver file changes from mergeIDE. Since this was being done on a different VM, and the target machine was "off", the CurrentControlSet key wasn't present, so I made the changes to ControlSet001 and ControlSet002. The changes were identical between both control sets. This let the system boot normally without issue, but

:)

MK_Rincewind, Jan 29, 2024
  2. coopfab Win User

Cannot Enter Safe Mode / Computer boots normally

I'm running Win 10 Pro 1903.

Here are the steps I have taken to get into safe mode: Start button, settings, update and security, recovery, advanced startup, troubleshoot, advanced options, startup settings, restart. The computer boots normally, not in safe mode. Any suggestions would be most helpful. Thanks in advance for your help and interest. .

coopfab, Jan 29, 2024
  3. Teylord Win User
    Run Windows XP mode in virtual machine

Original title: Hyper-V / XP Mode Virtual

To whom it may concern;

I have Hyper-V up and running in Windows 10. I created a virtual machine easily enough.

I want to run Windows XP Mode in this virtual machine in order to run an old software.

I have downloaded Windows XP Mode.exe from Microsoft site.

I created an ISO file from this Windows XP Mode.exe file and used this in the setup manager of Hyper-V.

When I click on "Connect" I get the following message:

Virtualized Windows XP Embedded machine will boot normally but BSOD in safe mode 47bc47ab-2cd7-4886-ae8d-ac183f84e7da.png

Do I need to burn this file to a CD and use as a boot?

Teylord, Jan 29, 2024
  4. Virtualized Windows XP Embedded machine will boot normally but BSOD in safe mode

Can't boot into Normal/Safe Mode with Networking, only safe mode...

Good Evening,
    I could do with some pointers on resolving an issue. I can only boot into windows in safe mode in Windows 10. Normal mode and safe mode with networking doesn't work. The problem occurred after a windows update. I have removed the latest updates that were installed and cleared any pending ones but it still won't boot properly. I have also run the troubleshooter and tried to recovery to an earlier date which also doesn't work.
    The laptop is a HP ENVY 17 notebook. At boot it just gets to the HP logo with the circular loading icon and no further and can only boot it into safe mode. Can anyone recommend the next steps? I have also tried the following;

• stopping startup items
    • uninstalling hardware drivers
    • removing recent software
    • running troubleshooters at boot
    • sfc scan
    • diagnostic/selective startups with minimal services running
    Would the fact that I cant boot into Safe Mode with Networking imply its a network driver related issue?
    Bit of a dead end really, any help would be much appreciated
    Kind regards
    Trevor

trevstonbury, Jan 29, 2024
Thema:

Virtualized Windows XP Embedded machine will boot normally but BSOD in safe mode

1. Virtualized Windows XP Embedded machine will boot normally but BSOD in safe mode - Similar Threads - Virtualized Embedded machine

2. Laptop will boot into Safe Mode, but not Normal Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop will boot into Safe Mode, but not Normal Mode: System: Dell Inspiron 14z-5423OS: Windows 10 Home 22H2Build: 19045.4529Original problem: My computer crashed at 11:04pm on 7/17. When I tried to boot it up the next day, the BIOS screen would load and pass, then the display would turn completely off. No LCD, no backlight. The...
  3. Laptop will boot into Safe Mode, but not Normal Mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop will boot into Safe Mode, but not Normal Mode: System: Dell Inspiron 14z-5423OS: Windows 10 Home 22H2Build: 19045.4529Original problem: My computer crashed at 11:04pm on 7/17. When I tried to boot it up the next day, the BIOS screen would load and pass, then the display would turn completely off. No LCD, no backlight. The...
  4. Laptop will boot into Safe Mode, but not Normal Mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. BSOD in normal mode not in safe mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD in normal mode not in safe mode.: Hello! im getting frequent BSOD in my laptop but nothing in safe mode. Can I rule out the hardware problem thats causing this? Or this is there anyway i can pinpoint the problem more accurately?Since the start of the problem I've already tried the following:- chkdskclear- sfc...
  6. BSOD in normal mode not in safe mode.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD in normal mode not in safe mode.: Hello! im getting frequent BSOD in my laptop but nothing in safe mode. Can I rule out the hardware problem thats causing this? Or this is there anyway i can pinpoint the problem more accurately?Since the start of the problem I've already tried the following:- chkdskclear- sfc...
  7. Virtualized Windows XP Embedded machine will boot normally but BSOD in safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virtualized Windows XP Embedded machine will boot normally but BSOD in safe mode: Hello,I created a virtual machine from a drive image taken from a Windows XP Embedded machine. Initially, I had a BSOD with STOP: 0x0000007B when trying to boot normally, but I remedied that by mounting the SYSTEM hive in a different VM and manually applying the registry and...
  8. Drivers for a XP virtual machine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drivers for a XP virtual machine: I created a Windows XP virtual machine using the Hyper-V Manager on my Windows 11 Pro, activated it and installed the basic software codecs and some other utilities.However, I don't have any sound, can't connect to the internet I already set up a legacy adapter and can't...
  9. Win 7 virtual machine with XP Mode on Win 10 or an XP virtual machine

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Win 7 virtual machine with XP Mode on Win 10 or an XP virtual machine: I'm up to 3 attempts at installing an XP machine on Hyper V (Windows 10 Pro), and though I can get the machine to run, I cannot find the browser I installed. Using the Hyper V tutorial, I followed carefully the points of unblocking both WindowsXPMode_en-us.exe and Opera's...
  10. Windows fails to boot, into safe mode or normal mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows fails to boot, into safe mode or normal mode: In MSconfig I set windows to boot into safe mode, now it will not boot at all. Previously it booted into normal mode. I used a Windows recovery disc from which the only option that works is the command prompt. From the cmd prompt I can see all of C: drive and also run...