Windows 10: Virtualstore

Discus and support Virtualstore in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I can't find the virtual store where is it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virtualstore/ca8a071a-91af-41b2-a03c-ce1d953bc930 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by EmilStenholt, Mar 21, 2020.

1. Virtualstore

I can't find the virtual store where is it

:)

EmilStenholt, Mar 21, 2020
  2. h27kim Win User

Windows 10 AppData VirtualStore

OK,

Nothing comes up on Windows Defender. Found a few PUPs and quarantined them on Malware Bytes, but they don't seem to be cause of the problem (although I haven't rebooted the computer yet to double check). Same problem persists (i.e. extension .temp being
    added to files being saved into VirtualStore folder (actually, AppData/Local/VirtualStore/ProgramFiles(x86)/program_name/)

h27kim, Mar 21, 2020
  3. Trying to find a way to disable VirtualStore in Windows 10 Home..

Hello,

I'm trying to find a way to disable the VirtualStore folder in Windows 10 Home as it is causing conflicts with NetObjects Fusion software I use.

NetObjects is for some reason sending duplicate files to the VirtualStore folder making it impossible for me to use the program.

In other words the program files exist in two places causing constant conflicts as you can imagine.

NetObjects is the only program that has files in this folder. If I delete the Netobjects folder from VirtualStore as soon as I reopen the program it recreates the folder again..

I have a video on youtube that shows a way to disable the VirtualStore folder in Windows 10 Pro, but apparently Windows 10 Pro offers more security options as the folders shown in the video do not exist as far as I can tell in Windows 10 Home.

Here is the video

Here is the location of the VirtualStore folder on my computer..

C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\NetObjects\NetObjects Fusion 9.0

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks

JohnnyNite, Mar 21, 2020
  4. Virtualstore

Files going to C:\Windows instead of VirtualStore for Non-Admin User

What exactly is your "Virtual StorePath"?

C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\VirtualStore

ScottShelton- [O365], Mar 21, 2020
Thema:

Virtualstore

1. Virtualstore - Similar Threads - Virtualstore

2. VirtualStore folder question

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    VirtualStore folder question: Is there any reason why some programs' data is transferred in the Virtualstore folder in AppData/Local if you don't run those programs as an administrator? I just wanted to know, because I'm a bit confused when it comes to this. Thanks, Chris Olson...
  3. VirtualStore

VirtualStore: How to desable the VirtualStore with Windows 10? Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virtualstore/24f6ef3a-cfcc-4bc2-b7be-725cca4e7fd6
  4. Windows 10 AppData VirtualStore

Windows 10 AppData VirtualStore: Since the last update, it seems that when some old programs are saving files with a specialized extension into appdata/virtualstore folder, Windows 10 is automatically adding .temp extension to the filename--i.e. abc.mog is saved as abc.mog.temp. Why is this doing this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 requires virtualstore

2. why are WIN10 files being moved into VirtualStore

3. virtualstore windows 10