Windows 10: VIRUS AND CORRUPTED FILE PROBLEMS

Discus and support VIRUS AND CORRUPTED FILE PROBLEMS in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; so the problem that i got is that just now i think i downloaded some sort of software but it got virus in it, after i restarted my computer, all my pdf... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JustinDylan, Apr 4, 2020.

1. VIRUS AND CORRUPTED FILE PROBLEMS

so the problem that i got is that just now i think i downloaded some sort of software but it got virus in it, after i restarted my computer, all my pdf and microsoft word files seems to be corrupted ? because suddenly all of those files changed into for example: from "unittest.pdf" into "unittest.pdf.jope" there is this extra file type called jope and it is in all of my pdf and word file, i did not find any info about this jope file on the internet

and also, when i tried to change the file type back to pdf, and when it opened in my adobe reader, it said that the file is corrupted

:)

JustinDylan, Apr 4, 2020

2. Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, Apr 4, 2020
  3. Anne Ros Win User
    corrupt Folder in File Explorer

Hi,

this might be caused by a virus or a corrupted files. To assist you in resolving the issue, we suggest running the System File Checker. It helps scan and restore corrupted files. Check this link on how to know the step-by-step procedure in performing
    System File Checker.

Let us know if you need further help.

Anne Ros, Apr 4, 2020
  4. VIRUS AND CORRUPTED FILE PROBLEMS

Corrupt Files

Hi,

The challenge that you are experiencing is most likely due to a virus. A computer virus can corrupt or delete data on a computer. It can even delete everything on the hard disk.

To resolve your concern, we suggest that you run a full scan on your computer using
    Windows Defender by following the steps below:

• Type windows defender on the search bar.
    • Click on Windows Defender.
    • On the right panel, select Full, then click on Scan now.

If the full scan cannot detect any viruses, we suggest that you run an offline scan on your computer using
    Windows Defender by following the steps in this article:
    Help protect my PC with Windows Defender Offline

If you have a different antivirus application installed on your computer,
    Windows Defender
    will automatically turn off. Kindly disable other antivirus applications before running a scan using
    Windows Defender.

Let us know if you need further assistance with your concern.

Joshua Her1, Apr 4, 2020
Thema:

VIRUS AND CORRUPTED FILE PROBLEMS

1. VIRUS AND CORRUPTED FILE PROBLEMS - Similar Threads - VIRUS CORRUPTED FILE

2. Problems with windows update and corrupted files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with windows update and corrupted files: Windows updates get stuck at certain percentages and I seem to have some corrupted files on my computer which windows itself can't seem to fix. Any help would be appreciated!...
  3. Corrupt registry files due to virus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Corrupt registry files due to virus: Hi, I'm not the sort of girl to ask questions on forums, but I'm definitely in way over my head. Is there a way for me to repair this damage? I'm currently in safe mode. I noticed the issue because I keep getting a "Device attached to the system is not working" error with any...
  4. Corrupt registry files due to virus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corrupt registry files due to virus: Hi, I'm not the sort of girl to ask questions on forums, but I'm definitely in way over my head. Is there a way for me to repair this damage? I'm currently in safe mode. I noticed the issue because I keep getting a "Device attached to the system is not working" error with any...
  5. Corrupt registry files due to virus

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. problem with ygkz files (virus)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    problem with ygkz files (virus): So I tried to download something but soon when I started downloading I saw it was a virus. So now all my files (photos and videos) are a ygkz files and I dont know to fix it. I tried one decrypt tool but it didnt work. If someone can help please help me. submitted by...
  7. Zoom Virus Corruption

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Zoom Virus Corruption: Hello everyone! My counseling sessions were moved onto Zoom during the pandemic we are currently facing. Apparently, there are many zoom-copies that are actually viruses in disguise. I accidentally downloaded a fake zoom and got infected with a virus that corrupted my...
  8. How the geodatabase file gets corrupted? Is this virus or hacking?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How the geodatabase file gets corrupted? Is this virus or hacking?: How the geodatabase file gets corrupted? Is this virus or hacking? The data in our server gets corrupted as shown in the screenshot below. Is this virus or hacking? We got the L: ban.out@foxmail.com typed inside the data What could be the reason? Thank you Jamal [img]...
  9. File System Corruption Problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File System Corruption Problem: Hi sir/ma'am, My PC has been running slow during the past few days, sometimes it freezes that all of my apps are not moving, and then suddenly a BSOD shows up and says your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart with a error that says MEMORY_MANAGEMENT and many more...
  10. Windows 10, Start Menu problems, Virus, corrupted files

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10, Start Menu problems, Virus, corrupted files: Hey there, I have started having serious problems with my computer. It seems to have started this morning when all of a sudden my computer kept sort of refreshing explorer (the taskbar would disappear and reappear, etc.) so i decided it was time to run some scans, I ran Avast...