Windows 10: Virus and Protection Full Scan says a threat exists start actions. Action button does nothing.

Discus and support Virus and Protection Full Scan says a threat exists start actions. Action button does nothing. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have an issue where a full scan and offline scan has been completed, finding a threat. Pressing start actions starts nothing. Threat history shows... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by IvanRoberts, Nov 4, 2018.

1. Virus and Protection Full Scan says a threat exists start actions. Action button does nothing.

I have an issue where a full scan and offline scan has been completed, finding a threat. Pressing start actions starts nothing. Threat history shows no threat.

Windows defender shield stays in the red however as per snapshot. Please advise a corrective cause.

This all started when trying to overcome a Antimalware Service Execution CPU overload issue. Virus and Protection Full Scan says a threat exists start actions.  Action button does nothing. 8e98a834-d393-4fa2-8b8e-f422b9faa6a5?upload=true.png

Virus and Protection Full Scan says a threat exists start actions.  Action button does nothing. b7211ccc-6518-4497-8f61-b5ba10aa25e0?upload=true.png

:)

IvanRoberts, Nov 4, 2018
  2. Chatman99 Win User

Windows Defender "Start Actions" Button Not Working

Windows Defender is telling me "Virus & threat protection. Threats found. Start the recommended actions." There is a button below, which says "Start actions". Clicking this button has no effect. Should I just ignore it?

I'm on Windows 10 Pro, version 1703.

Chatman99, Nov 4, 2018
  3. Bri Wri Win User
    2 windows 10 alert messages of "virus protection is currently not on," and "windows defener action needed to do a virus scan,"

while on a website I get the warning my virus protection is not on, I got to defender and it is on. and on occasion I get an action recommended, with a exclamation mark triangle on the windows defender icon on the task bar. so I open that and there's the
    warning triangle on the "virus and threat protection" and it has a last scheduled scan being a couple weeks old but the windows defender security system window says "your device is being protected" and a daily update and scan are listed:

last threat scan 1-14-2018

last threat definition update 1/28/2018

last health scan 1/28/2018

virus & threat protection has Quick scan due.....(why?) isn't that all automatic?

thank you.

Bri Wri, Nov 4, 2018
  4. Dr. P Win User

Virus and Protection Full Scan says a threat exists start actions. Action button does nothing.

Windows Defender "Start Actions" Button Not Working

The Windows Defender Tool is almost unusable and has an ineffective GUI because I cannot save the results of the scan to a file and because the "Start action" button does not remove them or say why it will not remove them.

Problem noticed after running a full system scan that took nearly 60 hours to finish.

Several threats found. Note: found 34 threats, but does not show total number of files scanned (more than 120 M observed while running from progress screen).

"Start actions" button does not perform any actions.

The button does respond to a mouse click event and the screen refreshes, but no threats are removed.

Bigger problem is the results are shown only on screen with no option to save results to a text file. After reboot how do I find them to be able to remove them?

So how do I remove these threats? Do I simply delete the files?

This product does not appear to work correctly. Looking down at the bottom of the report a comment indicates "Last scan (quick scan)" and it shows that 34 threats were found with 101263 files scanned. So how many were removed, if any?

Dr. P, Nov 4, 2018
Thema:

Virus and Protection Full Scan says a threat exists start actions. Action button does nothing.

1. Virus and Protection Full Scan says a threat exists start actions. Action button does nothing. - Similar Threads - Virus Protection Full

2. Virus & Threat protection start action not working, still says start action after clicking it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virus & Threat protection start action not working, still says start action after clicking it: So i had downloaded Utorrent but then uninstalled it afterwards and one day I went to see if there is any updates. The security section said " threat found start the recommended action. I clicked it but nothing changed, so i went to see the details. It had so many regarding...
  3. Virus & Threat protection start action not working, still says start action after clicking it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virus & Threat protection start action not working, still says start action after clicking it: So i had downloaded Utorrent but then uninstalled it afterwards and one day I went to see if there is any updates. The security section said " threat found start the recommended action. I clicked it but nothing changed, so i went to see the details. It had so many regarding...
  4. Windows 10 Virus and threat protection start action button not working, mouse cursor...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Virus and threat protection start action button not working, mouse cursor...: My Lenovo laptop started acting weird one morning out of nowhere. I have windows 10 and have not downloaded anything new. My cursor keeps getting stuck and my laptop keeps typing the number 8 repeatedly by itself. In my virus and threat protection, it says threats were found...
  5. Windows 10 Virus and threat protection start action button not working, mouse cursor...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Virus and threat protection start action button not working, mouse cursor...: My Lenovo laptop started acting weird one morning out of nowhere. I have windows 10 and have not downloaded anything new. My cursor keeps getting stuck and my laptop keeps typing the number 8 repeatedly by itself. In my virus and threat protection, it says threats were found...
  6. Windows 10 Virus and threat protection start action button not working, mouse cursor...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows Security "No Action Needed" but "Threats Found" and "Start Actions" Button Not Working

Windows Security "No Action Needed" but "Threats Found" and "Start Actions" Button Not Working: I have a Dell system with Windows 10 v21H2. I noticed that, in the Windows Security, Virus & Threat Protection window, under Current threats, it says "Threats found. Start the recommended actions." However, the Start Actions button, when clicked, changes quivers a little but...
  8. virus and threat protection start action button not working

virus and threat protection start action button not working: its just come to my attention that when viewing virus and threat protection it says "Threats found. Start recommended actions" but pressing the start actions button does nothing. i looked this answer up on here prior to making this but it does not help me and its dated...
  9. Windows Defender - Full scan - Take action on threats

Windows Defender - Full scan - Take action on threats: After running a full scan, some threats were reported. "Taking action" has now been in progress for several hours. Is this normal? How long can it take? what happens if I terminate it by closing the window?...
  10. Windows security threat found action needed. actions button does nothing?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows security threat found action needed. actions button does nothing?: I see windows security did a scan and found "threat found, action needed status active active threats have not been mediated and are running on your device. (a trojan, trojan:Win32/DropCheetak.AA!MTB) If I click on the actions button and select remove, nothing happens. but I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 virus start actions