Windows 10: virus and protection settings

Discus and support virus and protection settings in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; real-time protection is off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/virus-and-protection-settings/2228d7d7-4530-40e1-a041-082bad08a08b Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by BrianBainbridge890, Jul 23, 2021.

1. virus and protection settings

real-time protection is off

:)

BrianBainbridge890, Jul 23, 2021
  2. 7MM
    7mm Win User

Virus Protection

I'd Suggest You Better Skip The Idea of Using Those Security Suites. Better Use Some Free To Use Yet HIghly Rated For VIrus Protection Engines. Here's What I Suggest Top Three...

1. Avira AntiVir Personal Classic Edition
    2. Avast! Home Edition
    3. AVG Free

Avira Is Found To Trigger Less False Alarms Than Anyother AV (Even Paid Don't Have That Kind'a Accuracy), & Is Much Better Than some of The Paid Ones. Next Is Avast!, For It's Individual Scanner Protection & It's Unique VRDB (Virus Recovery Database) Feature.

If You're Looking For Firewall Protection Then Again, The Free Stuff Come To The Rescue.

1. ZoneAlarm Free
    2. Comodo Firewall Pro.
    3. PC Tools Firewall

We All Know How Good ZA Firewall Can Be..! Comodo Has Passed All The Leak Test That Can Be Serious For Your System Security. PC Tools Is Not New To The Scene Here, Still Has Very Good Firewall With Less Questions Asked, Recomended For NewBie.

3. Windows Security Virus & Threat Protection Settings "managed by your administrator"

Hi Nikhar,

Thank you so much for replying. I followed your steps but this hasn't solved the problem - still no virus and threat protection. The registry value was 3, and I changed it to 2 as you suggested. Should I change it back?

Any other suggestions?

Thank you again

AlanNeedsHelp, Jul 23, 2021
  4. virus and protection settings

Nonstop alerts about virus protection

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the operating system with the security notification on your device. We will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• Have you installed any third-party anti-virus software on your device?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • What is the complete error code/ error message of this issue?
    • When exactly you get this error pop-up?

Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: If you have installed any third-party anti-virus software, I suggest you to disable it and check if it issue persists.

NOTE: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other software,
    you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

If the issue still persists, I suggest you to uninstall the third-party anti-virus software.

Step 2: I suggest you to run Windows Defender on your device and check if it helps.

Windows Defender is malware protection that is included with and built into Windows 10. This software helps identify and remove viruses, spyware, and other malicious software. So, you do not need to install any third party antivirus applications.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/getstarted-protect-your-pc

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 23, 2021
Thema:

virus and protection settings

1. virus and protection settings - Similar Threads - virus protection settings

2. Accessing "Virus & threat protection settings"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accessing "Virus & threat protection settings": "Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app and the item you tried to access is not available. Contact IT helpdesk for more information".I've tried to run the gpedit.msc too but I get the error message "Windows cannot find 'gpedit.msc'. Make sure...
  3. Virus and Threat Protection Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virus and Threat Protection Settings: I accidentally executed a malware file after which multiple cmd windows were opened and closed and after that when I opened virus and threat protection I was not able to turn on real time protection and other features in virus and threat section. There was a statement written...
  4. Virus and Threat Protection Settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virus and Threat Protection Settings: I accidentally executed a malware file after which multiple cmd windows were opened and closed and after that when I opened virus and threat protection I was not able to turn on real time protection and other features in virus and threat section. There was a statement written...
  5. Virus and Threat Protection Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. virus & threat protection settings in defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    virus & threat protection settings in defender: I have Personal Surface pro device ,,,, why in Virus and threat protection settings --- Cloud delivered protection and automatic sample submission can't be turned on????? I just have MS defender no other antivirus or spyware programs on my device. It syas settings managed by...
  7. Virus and threat protection settings

Virus and threat protection settings: I need to make an exclusion for the antivirus but the settings are managed by my orginization, since i have windows 10 education. The computer however is personal and is not connected to my orginization in any way. I have tried all the solutions, editing the group policy...
  8. anti-virus protection setting

anti-virus protection setting: Trying to access "Virus and threat protection" and get "Page not available Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you tried to access is not available. Contact IT helpdesk for more information." No IT admin, other than myself. I...
  9. Virus and theat Protection settings

Virus and theat Protection settings: Good day, Please help me to fix my PC Windows defender for the virus and threat settings protection real time was turned off, and i could not turn it back on, everytime I click on the settings Windows defender to update, it always says "your virus and threat protection is...
  10. Virus threat and Protection settings.

Virus threat and Protection settings.: i get the message "This setting is managed by your administrator" under the Virus and Protection "manage settings" menu, and real time protection is turned off. It is a personal laptop and I am the only user....