Windows 10: Virus And Threat Protection Has Stopped

Discus and support Virus And Threat Protection Has Stopped in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; When I try and start Windows Defender to scan my system desktop computer, I get the following message: "Threat service has stopped. Restart it now."... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by rockydean, Apr 15, 2021.

1. rockydean Win User

Virus And Threat Protection Has Stopped

When I try and start Windows Defender to scan my system desktop computer, I get the following message:

"Threat service has stopped. Restart it now."

After I click on the Restart Now button, the it appears the system is doing something.

After a few minutes, I get message "Unexpected error. Sorry, we ran into a problem. Please try again."

I have tried this several times, and powered off/on my system. Same result.

Can someone please tell me how to fix this ?

Thanks

:)

rockydean, Apr 15, 2021
  2. JCH54 Win User

virus and threat protection

Virus and threat protection has stopped and will not restart, Windows 10 ver 1709, antimalware client ver 4.12.16299.15 . SuperAntiSpyware installed.

I have tried most of the suggestions from the support pages, all have been ineffective. Any suggestions

Moved from: Virus and Malware / Windows Defender / Updating Virus and Spyware Definitions / Windows 10

JCH54, Apr 15, 2021
  3. imwhomim Win User
    Virus and Threat protection

NOTICE: After, installing 1909 update, Windows Defender, Virus and Threat protection, is / was "OFF". IS this common? Is this a bug? NO MESSAGE appeared in my Notification Area.. ONLY, by chance, did I notice, and turn it back on. I'd suggest.. AT
    ALL TIMES.. 'WHENEVER' MY virus protection is turned off.. BY DEFAULT... I 'SHOULD' BE NOTIFIED! YOUR thoughts on this?

imwhomim, Apr 15, 2021
  4. Virus And Threat Protection Has Stopped

Virus and Threat Protection Issue

When looking to run a virus scan on my computer, I'm met with an error that says "Virus and Threat Protection is Managed by your Organization." THis is a personal laptop though. Any suggestions?

DerrickAlvarez, Apr 15, 2021
Thema:

Virus And Threat Protection Has Stopped

1. Virus And Threat Protection Has Stopped - Similar Threads - Virus Threat Protection

2. Virus & threat protection: Threat service has stopped. Restart it now.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Virus & threat protection: Threat service has stopped. Restart it now.: Hi.Running with Windows 11, fully up to date, tried troubleshot Windows Update and trigger manual update for Defender beforehand, nothing worked.I've tried everything in my power to resolve this but I'm reaching a dead end.At first I was missing the whole "Virus & threat...
  3. Windows Virus and Threat Protection has stopped and cannot be restarted

Windows Virus and Threat Protection has stopped and cannot be restarted: Hello. I previously had Malwarebytes premium for a year but decided to not renew it because Windows Defender would be sufficient. Since Malwarebytes reverted to the free version, windows virus and threat protection has stopped and it cannot be restarted. Below is what it...
  4. Virus and Threat Protection Stopped

Virus and Threat Protection Stopped: When I brought up the Windows Security screen, I get message "Threat service has stopped. Restart it now."When I restart, I get message "Unexpected error. Sorry, we ran into a problem. Please try again",I have restarted twice - some problem.When I bring up the Windows Update...
  5. VIRUS THREAT AND PROTECTION STOPPED WORKING

VIRUS THREAT AND PROTECTION STOPPED WORKING: AS ABOVE HEADING, WINDOWS DEFENDER USED AND ALSO Trustee Endpoint is up and running https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/virus-threat-and-protection-stopped-working/e7d1a646-7853-43ba-a31d-e46a95e965d2
  6. Virus & threat protection: "The service has stopped. Restart it now."

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Virus & threat protection: "The service has stopped. Restart it now.": [ATTACH] I've been getting this notification every 30 minutes and when I try to restart the service nothing happens. What should I do? https://preview.redd.it/dp6ivltdvsg51.png?width=545&format=png&auto=webp&s=52ff1b8bbdf754790b81620bb77c27d933aa4b23 submitted by...
  7. Virus and threat protection has stopped - since 15.4.20 update

Virus and threat protection has stopped - since 15.4.20 update: Since windows updated yesterday 15th April 2020! Virus and threat protection has stopped - restart now message. I've restarted it but it still won't turn on - I just keep getting the error message 'Unexpected error - sorry we ran into a problem please try again.' Is...
  8. Virus and threat protection Service stopped

Virus and threat protection Service stopped: [ATTACH] I have tried almost all possible way but it doesn't work. After updating today I m facing thins kind of problem. How can I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/virus-and-threat-protection-service-stopped/d9dfaa94-3118-4eab-8845-f448aee45431
  9. Windows Defender - Virus and Threat Protection - Threat service has stopped

Windows Defender - Virus and Threat Protection - Threat service has stopped: Hi, I recently had malware on my pc and windows defender was unable to remove it. I used some malware removers (rogue killer, unhackme and awdcleaner) and got rid of the malware. But in the process I think I also removed MsMpeng.exe which if the exe file of windows defender...
  10. Virus & threat protection - The threat service has stopped. Restart it now.

Virus & threat protection - The threat service has stopped. Restart it now.: I have seen several question posts similar to this, but I believe I have an unusual difference to all I have found so far. I recently noticed I have started getting the message above. When I press the button to restart, it goes into "dots" for several minutes before...