Windows 10: Virus and threat protection is turned off

Discus and support Virus and threat protection is turned off in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Virus and threat protection is turned off and says settings are controlled by administrator. Even tamper protection is turned off The virus scans... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by manasbinoy, Mar 26, 2021.

1. Virus and threat protection is turned off

Virus and threat protection is turned off and says settings are controlled by administrator. Even tamper protection is turned off

The virus scans don't work and shut down automatically. Please help.

i waited a long time for windows update to resolve this but it seems that my computer doesnt even update now and hence I cant fix the problem that way.

Virus and threat protection is turned off 7bd7c96d-70ba-4e5e-8317-edc26e73780d?upload=true.png

:)

manasbinoy, Mar 26, 2021
  2. imwhomim Win User

Virus and Threat protection

NOTICE: After, installing 1909 update, Windows Defender, Virus and Threat protection, is / was "OFF". IS this common? Is this a bug? NO MESSAGE appeared in my Notification Area.. ONLY, by chance, did I notice, and turn it back on. I'd suggest.. AT
    ALL TIMES.. 'WHENEVER' MY virus protection is turned off.. BY DEFAULT... I 'SHOULD' BE NOTIFIED! YOUR thoughts on this?

imwhomim, Mar 26, 2021
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Virus threat protection

Hi Valentin

As an alternative approach, you can allow that utility through the Controlled Folder Access section of WIndows 10 security . . .

Open Windows Defender Security Center

Go to Virus & threat protection - Virus & threat protection settings

Scroll down to Controlled folder access

From there, you can add Dell Data Vault to the list of safe or allowed apps to prevent it from being blocked

Please do not leave Controlled Folder Access turned off permanently

DaveM121, Mar 26, 2021
  4. K.Nai Win User

Virus and threat protection is turned off

Windows 10 virus & threat protection cannot turn on

Virus & threat protection cannot turn on even after uninstall all 3rd parties apps.. Followed all the available instructions and steps but to no avail.

Anyone have similar problems and got solutions to share are appreciated.

K.Nai, Mar 26, 2021
Thema:

Virus and threat protection is turned off

1. Virus and threat protection is turned off - Similar Threads - Virus threat protection

2. Virus threat protection auto turning off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virus threat protection auto turning off: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1j7wo3pMe6t2khVVr8uQHn52c1hhSbNdW?usp=sharingIT's safe link that can be opened for the proof of my problem pls help....
  3. Virus threat protection auto turning off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virus threat protection auto turning off: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1j7wo3pMe6t2khVVr8uQHn52c1hhSbNdW?usp=sharingIT's safe link that can be opened for the proof of my problem pls help....
  4. Virus threat protection auto turning off

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Virus & Threat Protection suddenly turned off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Virus & Threat Protection suddenly turned off: [ATTACH] So my Virus & Threat Protection just suddenly stopped working. When turning on my PC or restarting it the protection works just fine work 1-5 minutes and just turns off randomly. The restart also only works from either my PC case or the Windows start menu. If I...
  6. Virus And Threat Protection is Off

Virus And Threat Protection is Off: [ATTACH]Hello, I am here on behalf of my Virus and threat protection being offline I think I uninstalled Windows Defender and I cannot install it back since my microsoft store will not download anything either. It will be helpful if anyone knows why I dont know what cause it...
  7. Virus and threat protection keeps turning off

in Windows 10 Customization
    Virus and threat protection keeps turning off: My little shield icon has an X in it, when I open it says the service has stopped and to restart it. I click restart, it has a long think about it then bums out with 'unexpected error. Sorry, we ran into a problem. Wow super, super helpful microsoft If I restart the pc it...
  8. 'Virus and threat protection' turns itself off

'Virus and threat protection' turns itself off: Hi, I have Windows 10 pro. Today, 'Virus and threat protection' turned off by itself. Restarting it from the Windows Security window didn't work; the restart button didn't give any feedback and after a while threw some error which I don't remember the wording off. So I...
  9. Virus and Threat Protection turned off by itself

Virus and Threat Protection turned off by itself: System info: Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 1909 Build 18363.720 Real-time antivirus: Avira Free Antivirus On-demand scanner: Malwarebytes Free Hello everybody, Apologies for the long post, I just want to make sure I get all the details out A couple of days ago the...
  10. Turn on virus and threat protection

Turn on virus and threat protection: Hi, I do not have any third party antivirus application installed on my pc but whenever I'm trying to turn it on from the settings, I get a error message saying that " Your virus & threat protection is being managed by your organization " Please help.. With Regards,...