Windows 10: Virus and Threat protection managed by organization? IT administrator limited access?

Discus and support Virus and Threat protection managed by organization? IT administrator limited access? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi! So this problem have been tickling me for a while now. I've been searching for existing answers from the web, yet I only find a fix for problem ONE... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/CheezyPizzicato, Jan 27, 2021.

1. Virus and Threat protection managed by organization? IT administrator limited access?

Hi! So this problem have been tickling me for a while now. I've been searching for existing answers from the web, yet I only find a fix for problem ONE yet creates problem TWO.

I learned that editing the registry for Windows Defender alternates these 2 problems, so in the screenshots I'll be providing will show the differences it makes. (I'm not too tech savvy, so excuse my way of explaining the problems..)

Problem 1: Added 'DisableAntiSpyware', value is 1 originally, my registry doesn't have DisableAntiSpyware. I was told in this video to make one. However, as you can see from the screenshot, my Virus and Threat protection is managed by 'my organization', which then creates

Problem 2: Deleted 'DisableAntiSpyware' I heard that I need to run Regedit with administrator permission, which I did, yet I still get this message everytime. Many tutorial videos I seen, for example, this one, said that I need to delete DisableAntiSpyware, and I was back at square one

The problems kept on alternating, but I still don't want to give up. Any help will be appreciated, thank you very much

Edit: Forgot to show my Windows specifications:

Edition Windows 10 Home Single Language

Version 20H2

Installed on ‎21/‎12/‎2020

OS build 19042.746

Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0

Also, the reason why I want to fix this issue is because I want to scan for viruses through Win Defender (which it doesn't allow me atm), and I've been wanting to install HiyaCFW for my DSi (long story about the DSi, but basically, I need to turn off Win Defender for a bit). But atm, I'm more determined to be able to scan my laptop through Windows Defender

submitted by /u/CheezyPizzicato
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/CheezyPizzicato, Jan 27, 2021

2. Your Virus & threat protection is managed by our organization.

Hello,

Open Group Policy snap-in by running gpedit.msc command.

Go to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Defender Security Center > Virus and threat protection.

Set 'Hide the Virus and threat protection area' setting to Not Configured.

Also refer this fix: FIX: Your Virus & Threat Protection Is Managed By Your Organization

Let us know if this helps!

Note: Included link in this reply refers to blog post by a trusted Microsoft MVP.

Kapil Arya MVP, Jan 27, 2021
  3. Your Virus & threat protection is managed by our organization.

Hi,

I'm facing issue with windows security in windows 10. In virus & threat protection showing that your Virus & threat protection is managed by our organization. pls help how to clear it. I tried with registry Editor but after the reboot again same issue.

ArunKumar89, Jan 27, 2021
  4. Virus and Threat protection managed by organization? IT administrator limited access?

Virus and Threat Protection Issue

When looking to run a virus scan on my computer, I'm met with an error that says "Virus and Threat Protection is Managed by your Organization." THis is a personal laptop though. Any suggestions?

DerrickAlvarez, Jan 27, 2021
Thema:

Virus and Threat protection managed by organization? IT administrator limited access?

1. Virus and Threat protection managed by organization? IT administrator limited access? - Similar Threads - Virus Threat protection

2. Unable to Access Virus and Threat Protection , "Your IT Administrator has limited Access "

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Access Virus and Threat Protection , "Your IT Administrator has limited Access ": hi guys, my name Is Neil.As the title says I'm unable to access the Virus and Threat Protection panel on my windows11 pc, I am the only administrator my computer and there are no other users using my pc, I'm on a personal laptop, so obviously it isn't an administration issue....
  3. Unable to Access Virus and Threat Protection , "Your IT Administrator has limited Access "

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Access Virus and Threat Protection , "Your IT Administrator has limited Access ": hi guys, my name Is Neil.As the title says I'm unable to access the Virus and Threat Protection panel on my windows11 pc, I am the only administrator my computer and there are no other users using my pc, I'm on a personal laptop, so obviously it isn't an administration issue....
  4. "Your IT Administrator Has Limited Access" error on Virus & Threat protection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Your IT Administrator Has Limited Access" error on Virus & Threat protection: Hello,I'm using a Win11 Home OS, freshly installed. I'm the administrator and only user of the computer. The Virus & threat protection menu does not appear in the "security at a glance" window, and when I try to access it from elsewhere, I get a "Your IT Administrator Has...
  5. "Your IT Administrator Has Limited Access" error on Virus & Threat protection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Your IT Administrator Has Limited Access" error on Virus & Threat protection: Hello,I'm using a Win11 Home OS, freshly installed. I'm the administrator and only user of the computer. The Virus & threat protection menu does not appear in the "security at a glance" window, and when I try to access it from elsewhere, I get a "Your IT Administrator Has...
  6. Virus and Threat Protection Managed by an organization?!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Virus and Threat Protection Managed by an organization?!: I'm hoping someone can help me with this conflict...this is my personal computer and it is not connected to any external servers or organizations. For some reason, I cannot enable or even see Windows Defender for virus and threat protection. I never had problems before and...
  7. Virus & threat protection is managed by your organization

Virus & threat protection is managed by your organization: help virus & threat protection is managed by your organization - what does that mean? [Original Title: window Security] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/virus-threat-protection-is-managed-by-your/4ebab322-88ff-409e-8476-3d6eeadf7f1f
  8. Virus & threat protection is managed by your organization

Virus & threat protection is managed by your organization: My daughter's computer has a malware. When I go to turn on Windows Defender it says, "Your Virus & threat protection is managed by your organization." It's not, and some research indicated it was a conflict with a malware phony security thing. When I click on "Manage...
  9. Virus protection and threats are managed by the organization

Virus protection and threats are managed by the organization: My windows defender has a problem with "virus protection and threats managed by the organization". How do I overcome this so that my windows defender can return to normal?...
  10. virus and threat protection is managed by organization

virus and threat protection is managed by organization: one day I realize that there is something wrong with my browser. I don't do anything but it takes me some unwanted site automatically. then I check virus and threat protection. I saw "your virus and threat protection is managed by your organization". And now I can't open...