Windows 10: Virus and threat protection settings UNKNOWN and many settings including realtime...

Discus and support Virus and threat protection settings UNKNOWN and many settings including realtime... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I've tried absolutely everything, but one difference is that I think I know where the problem originated. There is another thread on this and the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by aceruzza, Dec 4, 2022.

1. aceruzza Win User

Virus and threat protection settings UNKNOWN and many settings including realtime...

I've tried absolutely everything, but one difference is that I think I know where the problem originated. There is another thread on this and the answer was to "Full scan three times and restart after everyone scanned".I tried this and it did not work. Plus it was a massive pain waiting 3 hours for each scanI keep getting this Unknown status under all the settings except ransomware protection.When I go to manage the virus and threat protection settings I cannot turn the real-time protection setting on, as well as the other ones.When I click the button to turn it on, it asks for administration

:)

aceruzza, Dec 4, 2022

2. Accessing "Virus & threat protection settings"

There are a few things you can try:

1. Try opening the Control Panel and then going to Security and then Virus & threat protection settings.

2. If that doesn't work, try opening the Start Menu and then typing "gpedit.msc" into the search bar. This should open up the Group Policy Editor, which should then allow you to access the Virus & threat protection settings.

Virus and threat protection settings UNKNOWN and many settings including realtime... 7629fe8b-f998-4bc4-8cba-82d34d5f2f0f?upload=true.png

3. If neither of those work, then you may not have the correct permissions to access the Virus & threat protection settings. In that case, you'll need to contact your administrator and ask for access.

Brian Sherman, Dec 4, 2022
  3. virus & threat protection settings this setting is managed by your administrator

virus & threat protection settings this setting is managed by your administrator

DatoSuladze, Dec 4, 2022
  4. Virus and threat protection settings UNKNOWN and many settings including realtime...

Windows Security Virus & Threat Protection Settings "managed by your administrator"

Hi Nikhar,

Thank you so much for replying. I followed your steps but this hasn't solved the problem - still no virus and threat protection. The registry value was 3, and I changed it to 2 as you suggested. Should I change it back?

Any other suggestions?

Thank you again

AlanNeedsHelp, Dec 4, 2022
Thema:

Virus and threat protection settings UNKNOWN and many settings including realtime...

1. Virus and threat protection settings UNKNOWN and many settings including realtime... - Similar Threads - Virus threat protection

2. Virus and Threat protection settings unavailable.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virus and Threat protection settings unavailable.: Hello Community,My roommate tried to install a cracked PC game on my laptop and disables by windows defender to do so. I have now realized that I can no longer access my virus and threat protection settings. Whenever I click on Virus & threat protection setting I get the...
  3. Accessing "Virus & threat protection settings"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accessing "Virus & threat protection settings": "Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app and the item you tried to access is not available. Contact IT helpdesk for more information".I've tried to run the gpedit.msc too but I get the error message "Windows cannot find 'gpedit.msc'. Make sure...
  4. Virus and Threat Protection Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virus and Threat Protection Settings: I accidentally executed a malware file after which multiple cmd windows were opened and closed and after that when I opened virus and threat protection I was not able to turn on real time protection and other features in virus and threat section. There was a statement written...
  5. Virus and Threat Protection Settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virus and Threat Protection Settings: I accidentally executed a malware file after which multiple cmd windows were opened and closed and after that when I opened virus and threat protection I was not able to turn on real time protection and other features in virus and threat section. There was a statement written...
  6. Virus and Threat Protection Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Manage settings on Virus and threat protection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Manage settings on Virus and threat protection: Hello,When I click on manage settings in virus and threat protection, this comes up:Is there any way that I can fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/manage-settings-on-virus-and-threat-protection/d10375f3-5d1b-451f-9989-c3ebebdd1388
  8. virus & threat protection settings in defender

virus & threat protection settings in defender: I have Personal Surface pro device ,,,, why in Virus and threat protection settings --- Cloud delivered protection and automatic sample submission can't be turned on????? I just have MS defender no other antivirus or spyware programs on my device. It syas settings managed by...
  9. Virus and threat protection settings

Virus and threat protection settings: I need to make an exclusion for the antivirus but the settings are managed by my orginization, since i have windows 10 education. The computer however is personal and is not connected to my orginization in any way. I have tried all the solutions, editing the group policy...
  10. Virus threat and Protection settings.

Virus threat and Protection settings.: i get the message "This setting is managed by your administrator" under the Virus and Protection "manage settings" menu, and real time protection is turned off. It is a personal laptop and I am the only user....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows security unknown