Windows 10: Virus and Threat Protection Settings

Discus and support Virus and Threat Protection Settings in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I accidentally executed a malware file after which multiple cmd windows were opened and closed and after that when I opened virus and threat protection... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by FARAN AHMAD FA19-BEE-047, Oct 14, 2021.

1. Virus and Threat Protection Settings

I accidentally executed a malware file after which multiple cmd windows were opened and closed and after that when I opened virus and threat protection I was not able to turn on real time protection and other features in virus and threat section. There was a statement written on them that This is managed by your administrator. After I performed system restore I was able to Turn on real time protection, cloud delivered protection and automatic sample submission but I am still not able to turn on my tamper protection. It says this setting is managed by administrator although account info shows I

:)

FARAN AHMAD FA19-BEE-047, Oct 14, 2021
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Virus threat protection

Hi Valentin

As an alternative approach, you can allow that utility through the Controlled Folder Access section of WIndows 10 security . . .

Open Windows Defender Security Center

Go to Virus & threat protection - Virus & threat protection settings

Scroll down to Controlled folder access

From there, you can add Dell Data Vault to the list of safe or allowed apps to prevent it from being blocked

Please do not leave Controlled Folder Access turned off permanently

DaveM121, Oct 14, 2021
  3. JCH54 Win User
    virus and threat protection

Virus and threat protection has stopped and will not restart, Windows 10 ver 1709, antimalware client ver 4.12.16299.15 . SuperAntiSpyware installed.

I have tried most of the suggestions from the support pages, all have been ineffective. Any suggestions

Moved from: Virus and Malware / Windows Defender / Updating Virus and Spyware Definitions / Windows 10

JCH54, Oct 14, 2021
  4. Virus and Threat Protection Settings

Windows Security Virus & Threat Protection Settings "managed by your administrator"

Hi Nikhar,

Thank you so much for replying. I followed your steps but this hasn't solved the problem - still no virus and threat protection. The registry value was 3, and I changed it to 2 as you suggested. Should I change it back?

Any other suggestions?

Thank you again

AlanNeedsHelp, Oct 14, 2021
Thema:

Virus and Threat Protection Settings

1. Virus and Threat Protection Settings - Similar Threads - Virus Threat Protection

2. Virus and Threat protection settings unavailable.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virus and Threat protection settings unavailable.: Hello Community,My roommate tried to install a cracked PC game on my laptop and disables by windows defender to do so. I have now realized that I can no longer access my virus and threat protection settings. Whenever I click on Virus & threat protection setting I get the...
  3. Accessing "Virus & threat protection settings"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accessing "Virus & threat protection settings": "Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app and the item you tried to access is not available. Contact IT helpdesk for more information".I've tried to run the gpedit.msc too but I get the error message "Windows cannot find 'gpedit.msc'. Make sure...
  4. Accessing "Virus & threat protection settings"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accessing "Virus & threat protection settings": "Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app and the item you tried to access is not available. Contact IT helpdesk for more information".I've tried to run the gpedit.msc too but I get the error message "Windows cannot find 'gpedit.msc'. Make sure...
  5. Virus and Threat Protection Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virus and Threat Protection Settings: I accidentally executed a malware file after which multiple cmd windows were opened and closed and after that when I opened virus and threat protection I was not able to turn on real time protection and other features in virus and threat section. There was a statement written...
  6. Virus and Threat Protection Settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virus and Threat Protection Settings: I accidentally executed a malware file after which multiple cmd windows were opened and closed and after that when I opened virus and threat protection I was not able to turn on real time protection and other features in virus and threat section. There was a statement written...
  7. Manage settings on Virus and threat protection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Manage settings on Virus and threat protection: Hello,When I click on manage settings in virus and threat protection, this comes up:Is there any way that I can fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/manage-settings-on-virus-and-threat-protection/d10375f3-5d1b-451f-9989-c3ebebdd1388
  8. virus & threat protection settings in defender

virus & threat protection settings in defender: I have Personal Surface pro device ,,,, why in Virus and threat protection settings --- Cloud delivered protection and automatic sample submission can't be turned on????? I just have MS defender no other antivirus or spyware programs on my device. It syas settings managed by...
  9. Virus and threat protection settings

Virus and threat protection settings: I need to make an exclusion for the antivirus but the settings are managed by my orginization, since i have windows 10 education. The computer however is personal and is not connected to my orginization in any way. I have tried all the solutions, editing the group policy...
  10. Virus threat and Protection settings.

Virus threat and Protection settings.: i get the message "This setting is managed by your administrator" under the Virus and Protection "manage settings" menu, and real time protection is turned off. It is a personal laptop and I am the only user....