Windows 10: virus and threat protection start action button not working

Discus and support virus and threat protection start action button not working in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; its just come to my attention that when viewing virus and threat protection it says "Threats found. Start recommended actions" but pressing the start... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by dominic james, Apr 1, 2021.

1. virus and threat protection start action button not working

its just come to my attention that when viewing virus and threat protection it says "Threats found. Start recommended actions"

but pressing the start actions button does nothing. i looked this answer up on here prior to making this but it does not help me and its dated back from 2017. so im making a new question in regards to this matter.

:)

dominic james, Apr 1, 2021
  2. Chatman99 Win User

Windows Defender "Start Actions" Button Not Working

Windows Defender is telling me "Virus & threat protection. Threats found. Start the recommended actions." There is a button below, which says "Start actions". Clicking this button has no effect. Should I just ignore it?

I'm on Windows 10 Pro, version 1703.

Chatman99, Apr 1, 2021
  3. Virus and threat protection not working

Hi there, I recently reinstalled my windows and the Virus and threat protection is down! I have found that I am missing the 'Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection Service ' and 'Windows Defender Security
    Center Service' files from my services list, I have looked into this and can find no solution to fixing this issue, if anyone can help it would be much appreciated!!

Matthew_5196, Apr 1, 2021
  4. JCH54 Win User

virus and threat protection start action button not working

virus and threat protection

Virus and threat protection has stopped and will not restart, Windows 10 ver 1709, antimalware client ver 4.12.16299.15 . SuperAntiSpyware installed.

I have tried most of the suggestions from the support pages, all have been ineffective. Any suggestions

Moved from: Virus and Malware / Windows Defender / Updating Virus and Spyware Definitions / Windows 10

JCH54, Apr 1, 2021
Thema:

virus and threat protection start action button not working

1. virus and threat protection start action button not working - Similar Threads - virus threat protection

2. Virus & Threat protection start action not working, still says start action after clicking it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virus & Threat protection start action not working, still says start action after clicking it: So i had downloaded Utorrent but then uninstalled it afterwards and one day I went to see if there is any updates. The security section said " threat found start the recommended action. I clicked it but nothing changed, so i went to see the details. It had so many regarding...
  3. Virus & Threat protection start action not working, still says start action after clicking it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virus & Threat protection start action not working, still says start action after clicking it: So i had downloaded Utorrent but then uninstalled it afterwards and one day I went to see if there is any updates. The security section said " threat found start the recommended action. I clicked it but nothing changed, so i went to see the details. It had so many regarding...
  4. Windows 10 Virus and threat protection start action button not working, mouse cursor...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Virus and threat protection start action button not working, mouse cursor...: My Lenovo laptop started acting weird one morning out of nowhere. I have windows 10 and have not downloaded anything new. My cursor keeps getting stuck and my laptop keeps typing the number 8 repeatedly by itself. In my virus and threat protection, it says threats were found...
  5. Windows 10 Virus and threat protection start action button not working, mouse cursor...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Virus and threat protection start action button not working, mouse cursor...: My Lenovo laptop started acting weird one morning out of nowhere. I have windows 10 and have not downloaded anything new. My cursor keeps getting stuck and my laptop keeps typing the number 8 repeatedly by itself. In my virus and threat protection, it says threats were found...
  6. Windows 10 Virus and threat protection start action button not working, mouse cursor...

7. Virus & Threat Protection not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virus & Threat Protection not working: Hello , Sorry to interrupt but i have this problem that I would wish to be fixed ,This is all it shows me and I don't know how to fix https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virus-threat-protection-not-working/35aed715-b551-49a6-b68d-4e08b308a915
  8. Virus & Threat Protection not working

Virus & Threat Protection not working: Hello , Sorry to interrupt but i have this problem that I would wish to be fixed ,This is all it shows me and I don't know how to fix https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virus-threat-protection-not-working/35aed715-b551-49a6-b68d-4e08b308a915
  9. Virus Threat & Protection will not start

Virus Threat & Protection will not start: My Virus & Protection has stopped working. I cannot get it to start again. All I get it a pop up saying: Unexpected error. Sorry, we ran into a problem. Please try again. No matter how many times I try it will not start. I restarted the computer, I turned it totally off,...
  10. Virus and Protection Full Scan says a threat exists start actions. Action button does nothing.

Virus and Protection Full Scan says a threat exists start actions. Action button does nothing.: I have an issue where a full scan and offline scan has been completed, finding a threat. Pressing start actions starts nothing. Threat history shows no threat. Windows defender shield stays in the red however as per snapshot. Please advise a corrective cause. This all...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windowssecurity scanned start actions not working threats found