Windows 10: Virus and Threat Service unable to restart

Discus and support Virus and Threat Service unable to restart in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; 3 days ago, it asked me to restart the virus and threat service I did but it said unexpected error. I've tried alot of solution in these 3 days but... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SuneetSharma1, Oct 17, 2021.

1. Virus and Threat Service unable to restart

3 days ago, it asked me to restart the virus and threat service I did but it said unexpected error. I've tried alot of solution in these 3 days but nothing solved my problem .I even reinstalled window 10 , backing up all my files too, but still it isnt restarting .Help me!!!

:)

SuneetSharma1, Oct 17, 2021
  2. ShawnQH Win User

Virus & Threat Protection message that says the service has stopped need to Restart and it won't

Just noticed that the Virus & Threat Protection badge had a red x. Opened the Virus & Threat Protection page in settings and message says that the service has stopped and needs to restart. Clicked on the restart button and it spins then throws up a message
    that says "Unexpected error. Sorry, we ran into a problem. Please try again." Close the box and hit restart again and get the same routine.

Welcome suggestions for fixing. Thank you!

ShawnQH, Oct 17, 2021
  3. JCH54 Win User
    virus and threat protection

Virus and threat protection has stopped and will not restart, Windows 10 ver 1709, antimalware client ver 4.12.16299.15 . SuperAntiSpyware installed.

I have tried most of the suggestions from the support pages, all have been ineffective. Any suggestions

Moved from: Virus and Malware / Windows Defender / Updating Virus and Spyware Definitions / Windows 10

JCH54, Oct 17, 2021
  4. Virus and Threat Service unable to restart

WD: "Threat services has stopped" I'm unable to restart/reactivate.

I am not able to activate viruses and threat protection in windows defender

it says threat services has stopped. Restart it now. But nothing happens.

I tried but I am not able to activate viruses and threat

any suggestions regarding this issue? please do reply

* Original title: windows defender

Insiya_1996, Oct 17, 2021
Thema:

Virus and Threat Service unable to restart

1. Virus and Threat Service unable to restart - Similar Threads - Virus Threat Service

2. Virus threat protection will not restart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Virus threat protection will not restart: I keep getting a warning that the virus protection mees attention. I go the settings, click on restart and I get the error message that "an error has occurred please restart." I have dome this several times with the same results....
  3. Virus threat protection will not restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virus threat protection will not restart: I keep getting a warning that the virus protection mees attention. I go the settings, click on restart and I get the error message that "an error has occurred please restart." I have dome this several times with the same results....
  4. Virus threat protection will not restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Virus & threat protection: Threat service has stopped. Restart it now.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Virus & threat protection: Threat service has stopped. Restart it now.: Hi.Running with Windows 11, fully up to date, tried troubleshot Windows Update and trigger manual update for Defender beforehand, nothing worked.I've tried everything in my power to resolve this but I'm reaching a dead end.At first I was missing the whole "Virus & threat...
  6. Unable to restart Virus and Threat Protection

Unable to restart Virus and Threat Protection: Beginning yesterday my PC began running very slowly, so I was going to do a scan. I went in to WIndows Security and found my virus and threat protection was turned off. I did not turn it off. When I try to restart it fails....
  7. Virus & threat protection: "The service has stopped. Restart it now."

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Virus & threat protection: "The service has stopped. Restart it now.": [ATTACH] I've been getting this notification every 30 minutes and when I try to restart the service nothing happens. What should I do? https://preview.redd.it/dp6ivltdvsg51.png?width=545&format=png&auto=webp&s=52ff1b8bbdf754790b81620bb77c27d933aa4b23 submitted by...
  8. Virus Threat & Protection will not restart?

Virus Threat & Protection will not restart?: Virus Threat & Protection will not restart? * Moved from Win 10/Settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/virus-threat-protection-will-not-restart/879dfe47-d725-401a-a925-869218efba05
  9. Virus Threat & Protection will not restart?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Virus Threat & Protection will not restart?: Virus Threat & Protection will not restart? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virus-threat-protection-will-not-restart/879dfe47-d725-401a-a925-869218efba05
  10. Virus & threat protection - The threat service has stopped. Restart it now.

Virus & threat protection - The threat service has stopped. Restart it now.: I have seen several question posts similar to this, but I believe I have an unusual difference to all I have found so far. I recently noticed I have started getting the message above. When I press the button to restart, it goes into "dots" for several minutes before...