Windows 10: Virus? Appdata/Local "setuprandom_number.exe" appears

Discus and support Virus? Appdata/Local "setuprandom_number.exe" appears in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello so im almost on my computer every day coding and things and sometimes i go to check some files so I was checking until I found weird files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Marco Veselovsky, Sep 29, 2022.

1. Virus? Appdata/Local "setuprandom_number.exe" appears

Hello so im almost on my computer every day coding and things and sometimes i go to check some files so I was checking until I found weird files located in appdata/Local there is 5 files called "setupsome random 5 digit number.exe" file description is software installation, so i removed the files yeah, next day i checked it and it was here again, files have weird date modified because i removed these yesterday and it date says its month beforeHere is photo:

:)

Marco Veselovsky, Sep 29, 2022

2. Virus? Appdata/Local "setup(random_number).exe" appears

Hello so im almost on my computer every day coding and things and sometimes i go to check some files so I was checking until I found weird files located in appdata/Local there is 5 files called "setup(some random 5 digit number).exe" file description is software installation, so i removed the files yeah, next day i checked it and it was here again, files have weird date modified because i removed these yesterday and it date says its month before

Here is photo:

Virus? Appdata/Local "setuprandom_number.exe" appears 84de086c-6b09-47b4-817f-e2dfaf221781?upload=true.png

Marco Veselovsky, Sep 30, 2022
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    NESHTA.A VIRUS REMOVED BUT .EXE NOT WORKING

Hi Khaled,

It is possible that you .exe is not working due to corrupted system files or account. To assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• Does this happen with a specific application or with all of your application?
    • Have you tried creating a new admin account to check if the issue also with new account or only with the current account?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this article on how
    to create a new admin account.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Sep 30, 2022
  4. Virus? Appdata/Local "setuprandom_number.exe" appears

Suspected infection in AppData\Roaming\.exe

Original title: AppData\Roaming\.exe

Can someone tell me what this is?

• C:\Users\knenina\AppData\Roaming\522001c91a0ba0c96d004d78\522001c91a0ba0c96d004d78.exe

My Antivirus said Application.Downloader.AAB (Suspected infection) but then it also says

"Cannot open file" error occurred: The "Cannot open file" error message means that the scanner was unable to open a file and that this file was not scanned. You can normally ignore this error message as there are many reasons for this message
    that do not imply a security threat, including:

• The file was a system file. System files are protected by the operation system by design. You can ignore this message in this case.
    • You do not have permission to read the file. To scan the file, log in with a user account with sufficient permissions (for example the computer's administrator account) and rescan.
    • The file was in use by an application when the scan was performed. To scan this file, close all applications and rescan.
    Said I have to manually remove i'm unsure how to do that exactly.

Or is this a valid file? This just appeared today.

kne thompson, Sep 30, 2022
Thema:

Virus? Appdata/Local "setuprandom_number.exe" appears

1. Virus? Appdata/Local "setuprandom_number.exe" appears - Similar Threads - Virus Appdata Local

2. In temp files, an .exe appearing every minute, is it a virus?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In temp files, an .exe appearing every minute, is it a virus?: hi, i was checking Temp folder for unwanted junk, i have found a folder in C:\Users\<USER>\AppData\Local\Temp , which has random folders ' nsxxxxx.tmp' created everyminute and having shangri.exe file in all, I tried to open it but it gives me error, is it virus or potentially...
  3. In temp files, an .exe appearing every minute, is it a virus?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    In temp files, an .exe appearing every minute, is it a virus?: hi, i was checking Temp folder for unwanted junk, i have found a folder in C:\Users\<USER>\AppData\Local\Temp , which has random folders ' nsxxxxx.tmp' created everyminute and having shangri.exe file in all, I tried to open it but it gives me error, is it virus or potentially...
  4. Virus? Appdata/Local "setuprandom_number.exe" appears

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virus? Appdata/Local "setuprandom_number.exe" appears: Hello so im almost on my computer every day coding and things and sometimes i go to check some files so I was checking until I found weird files located in appdata/Local there is 5 files called "setupsome random 5 digit number.exe" file description is software installation,...
  5. Virus? Appdata/Local "setuprandom_number.exe" appears

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Virus? Appdata/Local "setuprandom_number.exe" appears: Hello so im almost on my computer every day coding and things and sometimes i go to check some files so I was checking until I found weird files located in appdata/Local there is 5 files called "setupsome random 5 digit number.exe" file description is software installation,...
  6. Is this .exe a virus ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is this .exe a virus ?: [ATTACH] Hey everybody today i just navigate to the Win10 folder and there a .exe which names and do the same work as notepad. I don't have idea . Is there a notepad.exe in Win10 folder but according me the notepad.exe is present inside the Sys32 Folder, is this .exe a...
  7. SquirrelTemp in Appdata local

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SquirrelTemp in Appdata local: Why is this folder in my appdata? is this a virus? basically i was searching for a document in win10 but i spelt in wrong and found squirrel instead. After a quick google i found out that squirrel is both a set of tools and a library, to completely manage both installation...
  8. Restoring local Appdata

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restoring local Appdata: I have just accidentally deleted some of my local appdata files. I wanted to only clear the temp folder, but me being me I have somehow forgotten to go into the temp folder. Will a system restore recover deleted files?...
  9. Access to Local AppData

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Access to Local AppData: In short, I've developed an office add in that uses Local AppData folder to log (using Log4net) as well as produce dynamic dlls. Last year August I had our first incident of a user not being able to write to the AppData location. It seems to be an Access Denied issue. I...
  10. exe virus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    exe virus: help to remove that[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/exe-virus/585ba649-c702-41a6-81a8-af784896eb8d