Windows 10: Virus? Bug? Nothing?

Discus and support Virus? Bug? Nothing? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello! Yesterday I wanted to check my PC for Viruses and Malware. After the scan an infected file was found, which is called Win32:Binder-Dl-[drp],... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MaXsssss, Apr 15, 2021.

1. MaXsssss Win User

Virus? Bug? Nothing?

Hello!

Yesterday I wanted to check my PC for Viruses and Malware. After the scan an infected file was found, which is called Win32:Binder-Dl-[drp], but my antivirus couldn't move it to quarantine, it said because it is already deleted or the antivirus has no permission to move it to quarantine. This file hasn't done any notable harm, but I still don't get what is going on. Can someone explain this to me?

:)

MaXsssss, Apr 15, 2021
  2. ss2020 Win User

Desktop items open Libreoffice; windows bugged and flickering

My mother's PC had the most bizarre bug I've ever seen this morning.

PC specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit
    Version: 1903 when problem occurred (1909 now)

What happened:
    • all desktop items, including folders, opened in Libreoffice Writer; once open it displayed a blank document then began flickering as if it had bugged while scrolling
    • opened Task Manager from the task bar, selecting the second tab opened the final tab, which began flickering like Libreoffice
    • problems stopped after a restart, then occurred again after another restart; then stopped after the PC ran for a short time
    • no error popups or BSODs
    • she said Candycrush reported an error earlier but it didn't occur when I looked at it; she said it mentioned "something about the desktop"

Steps I've taken:
    • did a quick virus scan then reboot scan with Windows Defender; no problems found
    • sfc /scannow; no problems found
    • installed update KB4537572 and upgraded system to 1909; updates appear to have been successful, no other updates available

At the moment the problem has disappeared, but since it reoccurred previously I'm not sure it hasn't been fixed.

I'm out of ideas. What else can I check and what other tests can I run? Based on the given information could anyone suggest what the problem might be?

ss2020, Apr 15, 2021
  3. f14tomcat Win User
    virus questions

Smoothy...... step back and look at what you are posting. If the main machine has a bug, anything in that machine is subject to getting attacked by that bug. In general, VM's were designed to run isolated from the host to avoid the VM from having access to the host. Less scrutiny is taken the other direction host > guest.

But the simple answer is: If there is a virus on your machine, anything on it is subject to attack.

f14tomcat, Apr 15, 2021
  4. Virus? Bug? Nothing?

Clean the Virus

Hi,

Virus infection usually happens on a computer when it is exposed to an infected website or removable devices. For us to help you clean the malware on your device, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build and version of Windows are you using?
    • Did you encounter any error messages related to having a virus infection on your device?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest running any available antivirus software on your PC. It would be very helpful to us if you could also provide the result of the antivirus scan process.

Looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Apr 15, 2021
Thema:

Virus? Bug? Nothing?

1. Virus? Bug? Nothing? - Similar Threads - Virus Bug Nothing

2. Is this a bug or a virus?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is this a bug or a virus?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/OkHyena1818 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/xhiwe5/is_this_a_bug_or_a_virus/
  3. Virus, bug or something else ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Virus, bug or something else ?: Hi so here is my problemsit started 5 days agoall the problems exept the 3rd :1st : Only 1 app work that mean if I open google chrome it work but if I open like discord, discord won't work, I can't click and I can hardly use my keybord and I need to close google chrome to...
  4. Windows bug or a viruses?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows bug or a viruses?: so 4-5 days ago i just normally start my laptop, but after a few hours i noticed while im playing a game my disk space was dropped too much until now. im so confused and frustrated because this problem forced me not to do my usual activitieslike im just want to download 106MB...
  5. Windows bug or a viruses?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows bug or a viruses?: so 4-5 days ago i just normally start my laptop, but after a few hours i noticed while im playing a game my disk space was dropped too much until now. im so confused and frustrated because this problem forced me not to do my usual activitieslike im just want to download 106MB...
  6. Windows bug or a viruses?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. this is a virus or a bug ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    this is a virus or a bug ?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/mrnothing- [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jwk7yp/this_is_a_virus_or_a_bug/
  8. Virus or bug

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Virus or bug: Hi i have a virus and my computer is not working or working but very very slower what is happening? What should i do? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virus-or-bug/da60f72f-cd73-41c4-8222-ae8b14798acf
  9. Random text bug /virus

Random text bug /virus: Hi, I've been having a problem for some months now with things happening to the text I write, first of all chunks of text disappearing on notepad after saving and adding new text, now I'm stuck with a bug that randomly causes extra letters or numbers to be written e.g. 2...
  10. Bug or virus.

Bug or virus.: I am user of windows 10 64 bit edition, my laptop is fx504. I am facing auto typing issue in windows. Whenever I am logging in, windows start typing c automatically and it restrict me to do any other task. If any one can kindly help me to rectify this issue....