Windows 10: Virus detected after downloading any torrent file

Discus and support Virus detected after downloading any torrent file in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Anyone knows why this is happening? Everytime I torrent a file, like adobe platforms, the windows defender detects a virus. This does not happen when i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/flappybirddd, Dec 1, 2020.

1. Virus detected after downloading any torrent file

Anyone knows why this is happening? Everytime I torrent a file, like adobe platforms, the windows defender detects a virus. This does not happen when i download videos instead.

I've tried switching over from uTorrent to qbittorrent but nothing seems to change.

submitted by /u/flappybirddd
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/flappybirddd, Dec 1, 2020
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Default App for Downloading torrent files

George

You say a right click produces 'Open in New Tab' . . . are you right clicking the magnet file on a page in your web browser?

You need to download the torrent file to the downloads folder on your PC

Then right click the torrent file on your PC and follow the steps above

You are correct uTorrent or BitTorrent will not show up in the list of Default Apps because that is not really installed on your PC like a conventional App, it is simply copied to the folder I listed above when you install it

DaveM121, Dec 1, 2020
  3. Torrents..

Hi.... I was wondering if say i download a torrent and before i open the torrents file i scan it with a virus scanner and it doesn't detect anything bad am i safe to open it??

Thanks.

Blackjack49, Dec 1, 2020
  4. Mussels Win User

Virus detected after downloading any torrent file

Torrents..

.torrent files cannot contain a virus.

The actual files you download can.

Mussels, Dec 1, 2020
Thema:

Virus detected after downloading any torrent file

1. Virus detected after downloading any torrent file - Similar Threads - Virus detected downloading

2. Downloaded File is Blocked with the saying 'virus detected'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloaded File is Blocked with the saying 'virus detected': my system detected a virus on a file I downloaded, and it got blocked/stopped halfway. Is the virus completely blocked from downloading? Do I need to run a scan? There hasn't been any bad effects from it, but I'm just worried....
  3. Downloaded File is Blocked with the saying 'virus detected'

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Downloaded File is Blocked with the saying 'virus detected': my system detected a virus on a file I downloaded, and it got blocked/stopped halfway. Is the virus completely blocked from downloading? Do I need to run a scan? There hasn't been any bad effects from it, but I'm just worried....
  4. Downloaded File is Blocked with the saying 'virus detected'

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Any .exe file I try to download says "Failed - Virus Detected"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Any .exe file I try to download says "Failed - Virus Detected": So this started a day ago when I tried downloading CurseForge. Since then whenever I try to download an exe file it just tells me it failed. I have tried disabling Real-Time Protection, to making my control panel network level medium. I am scared I have a virus and I don't...
  6. Any .exe file I try to download says "Failed - Virus Detected"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Any .exe file I try to download says "Failed - Virus Detected": So this started a day ago when I tried downloading CurseForge. Since then whenever I try to download an exe file it just tells me it failed. I have tried disabling Real-Time Protection, to making my control panel network level medium. I am scared I have a virus and I don't...
  7. Any .exe file I try to download says "Failed - Virus Detected"

8. Torrent virus

Torrent virus: Split from this thread. Hello i have a torent virus and i cant take it off or i cant remove it can you help me remove it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/torrent-virus/c30a1715-1534-42c6-9a2b-ccf0aa13664a
  9. Torrent file to download windows 10

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Torrent file to download windows 10: Hi, I have a very slow internet connection with many perturbations and it's very difficult to download an official windows 10 by a direct link. Can I have a torrent file to download it? thanks...
  10. Default App for Downloading torrent files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Default App for Downloading torrent files: How do I set uTorrent as the default app for downloading torrent magnet files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-app-for-downloading-torrent-files/cfb6e4ba-c9fc-4753-9210-1b540b412efa"