Windows 10: Virus email opened

Discus and support Virus email opened in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I've opened an email from a former employer to find out it contained a virus it has sent emails to some contacts forwarding itself without my... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Barneq, Sep 25, 2020.

1. Barneq Win User

Virus email opened

Hi, I've opened an email from a former employer to find out it contained a virus it has sent emails to some contacts forwarding itself without my interaction the emails don't appear in my sent folder, I've virus scanned my phone & computer found ccminer.exe & cleaned it. Now I'm not receiving emails to my hotmail acc other than junk mail, I've tested by sending emails from my other addresses & no emails getting through for 5 days now, usually get 20 a day? I'm thinking it must of changed recieving address but am at a loss.

:)

Barneq, Sep 25, 2020
  2. jmdraft Win User

Can not open emails in chrome

Recently returned from hospital, I’m trying to open my emails I Chrome gmail.

Please provide step by step instructions to return gmail to default view and function so that I may open my email.

Since I can’t open and see the responses provided.

Please send them to both my gmail and to my yahoo email address: L: [email protected]

jmdraft, Sep 25, 2020
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Sep 25, 2020
  4. Virus email opened

will not open attachment in an email

Hi Dave,

There are some factors that we need to consider regarding your concern about opening email attachments. To properly diagnose this issue, we would like to know more about the issue by asking the following questions below:

• How do you access your Email?
    • If you are using a browser, have you tried using a different browser?
    • Have you also tried to clear the cache and cookies of your browsers?
    • What is the last action taken before this issue happens?

If you are using an Outlook application to open emails, we suggest that you follow the steps provided in this

article
    . You can follow the steps provided in the issue #1.

Let us know the result if you need further assistance.

Anthony Gal, Sep 25, 2020
Thema:

Virus email opened

1. Virus email opened - Similar Threads - Virus email opened

2. Email Attachments not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Email Attachments not opening: Weird issue I can't wrap my head around.Updated a computer at my work, however on the new pc, the mail app doesn't want to open some PDF files but will open others.On the previous computer, we can still open up all PDF files no issue.I honestly don't have any idea how to sort...
  3. Virus and Threat Protection not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virus and Threat Protection not opening: Hello. I've had this issue for the last couple of days where every time I try to open `Virus and Threat Protection` it instantly closes. This is only happening for Virus and Threat Protection and all of the other apps work fine. Basically what happens is I double click on the...
  4. Will forwarding an email attachment activate virus?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Will forwarding an email attachment activate virus?: Hi, Would forwarding an email with an attachment activate virus if the attachment itself is infected? I need to forward an email with attachment that I am not sure if it safe to a more secure machine with better antivirus software. By forwarding from my device, will my...
  5. Opening emails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Opening emails: How can I stop my emails being opened automatically when I turn on my laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/opening-emails/7da602c9-4a6b-423c-b029-6e221147d033
  6. Cannot open email

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot open email: I need to open an email that's important but I keep getting a box coming up that says 'The requested operation requires elevation'. Can anyone tell me what it means and what I can do to get rid of it so I can see the email as soon as possible?...
  7. beware of bitcoin email with malware virus

beware of bitcoin email with malware virus: bitcoin scam: please be aware of a bitcoin scam which attached a malware virus that gives remote viewing access. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/beware-of-bitcoin-email-with-malware-virus/2db5cb42-477b-441f-9ff2-fdcffcfcf37c
  8. Email not opening

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Email not opening: My electric power went off for 2 hours and when it came back on my desktop computer's email would not open. The blue screen showing the envelope would appear but a few second later the screen went back to my desktop not opening my email. I was told that I may have lost my...
  9. virus emails

virus emails: i keep getting multiple emails from a person i know trying to get me to click a link that has a virus. how do i stop this? or report them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_other-protect_scanning-windows_10/virus-emails/fff42d53-bcf5-423d-acdd-cd7998ab6a21
  10. Anti-virus freezes email clients

Anti-virus freezes email clients: I recently posted a question about my email clients not making connections. (Windows Live Mail and others). Email connection question Solved - Windows 10 Forums After a long chat with a Microsoft agent the problem was solved and I happily marked the post Solved. So today...