Windows 10: virus emails

Discus and support virus emails in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; i keep getting multiple emails from a person i know trying to get me to click a link that has a virus. how do i stop this? or report them... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by inzzre, Jul 25, 2018.

1. inzzre Win User

virus emails

i keep getting multiple emails from a person i know trying to get me to click a link that has a virus. how do i stop this? or report them

:)

inzzre, Jul 25, 2018

2. computer virus

i think me computer has a virus when i start it up there are no short cuts or task bar( thing with the start button) any suggestions on how to fix it? thanxs

L: email-martinjurewicz@hotmail.com

i nEeD HeLp, Jul 25, 2018
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Jul 25, 2018
  4. virus emails

My Email Sending Virus

My email has been sending emails to contact on my list of stuff I obviously didn't send. Most of which do look like virus emails. Not sure what to do. Thanks

[Original Title: Possible virus?]

KelseyRamsay, Jul 25, 2018
Thema:

virus emails

1. virus emails - Similar Threads - virus emails

2. Is It Possible/Likely to Get a Virus From Simply Previewing an Email?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is It Possible/Likely to Get a Virus From Simply Previewing an Email?: I got an email earlier from a clear fake/scam email called "Alert!" followed by some random name, saying that my device was infected with 5 viruses and that I needed to get rid of them immediately. I knew it wasn't legit, but I clicked it to see the full email address and...
  3. Is It Possible/Likely to Get a Virus From Simply Previewing an Email?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is It Possible/Likely to Get a Virus From Simply Previewing an Email?: I got an email earlier from a clear fake/scam email called "Alert!" followed by some random name, saying that my device was infected with 5 viruses and that I needed to get rid of them immediately. I knew it wasn't legit, but I clicked it to see the full email address and...
  4. Is It Possible/Likely to Get a Virus From Simply Previewing an Email?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Virus and Malware - Suspicious email and what to do about it

Virus and Malware - Suspicious email and what to do about it: I keep recieving emails that I am concerned may be malware or contain a virus or something like that. I have copied and pasted the one received today but I have put XXXXXX@xx**** where my email address was in the hyperlink. How do I know when it is legitimately Microsoft? The...
  6. Will forwarding an email attachment activate virus?

Will forwarding an email attachment activate virus?: Hi, Would forwarding an email with an attachment activate virus if the attachment itself is infected? I need to forward an email with attachment that I am not sure if it safe to a more secure machine with better antivirus software. By forwarding from my device, will my...
  7. Does Windows Mail and Calendar scan prevent email viruses? Also does Windows defender scan...

Does Windows Mail and Calendar scan prevent email viruses? Also does Windows defender scan...: I opened an email and it loaded the linked image etc. but I didn't download any of the attachments or click on anything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-windows-mail-and-calendar-scan-prevent-email/2b89868d-2a4a-44e6-bf33-2be5b49f0322
  8. Virus email opened

Virus email opened: Hi, I've opened an email from a former employer to find out it contained a virus it has sent emails to some contacts forwarding itself without my interaction the emails don't appear in my sent folder, I've virus scanned my phone & computer found ccminer.exe & cleaned it. Now...
  9. Email / system virus Windows 10 / outlook 2013

Email / system virus Windows 10 / outlook 2013: Good morning. On thursday 6th August we started to receive a number of malicious emails from our ionos mailboxes. These emails are copies of emails we have previously received from a known sender. Essentially, I will have received an email from a known sender at some...
  10. How to remove the virus cookie:*** Email address is removed for privacy ***?

How to remove the virus cookie:*** Email address is removed for privacy ***?: Hi, My Symentec Endpoint showed that my PC has a virus, cookie:*** Email address is removed for privacy ***. This virus did not show up after I reinstalled my pc with a image until a few days later as I keep checking my pc with Symentec every day. I am wondering if it is...