Windows 10: Virus Found in the Unistore Temp Directory by F-Secure

Discus and support Virus Found in the Unistore Temp Directory by F-Secure in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; All, I am running a Windows 10 Operating System and I use F-Secure as my Anti-Virus. I'm constantly getting popup alerts of virus removal.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ulricken, Mar 3, 2017.

1. ulricken Win User

Virus Found in the Unistore Temp Directory by F-Secure

All,

I am running a Windows 10 Operating System and I use F-Secure as my Anti-Virus.

I'm constantly getting popup alerts of virus removal.

The location is C:\Users\Myuser\AppData\Local\Comms\Unistore\Data\Temp

I will also say, I am no where near an Admin Account on this computer.

My question is that I am actively monitoring this Directory and I am seeing temp files being added and removed. Below are a couple of the file names.

Templedse0160f00000000031000.dat
    Templedse0160f00000000038103.dat

Can someone explain what these are for, and why is this directory adding and removing in real time.

:)

ulricken, Mar 3, 2017
  2. Grafyte Win User

Windows 10 Pro - Unistack / Unistore - High Data / CPU Usage

Hi All,

You are right in that this is the temp mail folder, if you receive an an email that contains a virus this directory will go "skitzoid". In no time flat it will be full of logs and if you look at the content of the log files it is taking key narrative for
    later recovery. I found the virus JS/Locky.D!Eldorado was causing me issues. I ran system mechanic and emptied the relevant directory and all returned to normal.

Grafyte, Mar 3, 2017
  3. kenfuj1 Win User
    kenfuj1, Mar 3, 2017
  4. BRKKAB Win User

Your best bet is to upload all the files in that folder to virustotal.com and let it scan them. It uses 50+ different antivirus programs, so you'll definitely find out if it's a legitimate threat or a false positive.

BRKKAB, Mar 3, 2017
  5. ulricken Win User
    I just checked the directory and there are no files in that folder now. So I can't scan them.

I will keep that link in mind though.

Thank you.

ulricken, Mar 6, 2017
  6. ulricken,

Are you running any backup software or use the Mail app?

cottonball, Mar 6, 2017
  7. BRKKAB Win User
    It's possible that Windows may be hiding the files in that folder. Open File Explorer, click on View at the top, click on Options, click on Change Folder and Search Options, click on View, jncheck Hide Protected Operating System Files, click Apply and OK. Reopen that folder you mentioned and if anythings there upload it to VirusTotal. Otherwise go back and recheck the Hide Protected Operating System Files, Apply and OK when your done.

BRKKAB, Mar 6, 2017
  8. Virus Found in the Unistore Temp Directory by F-Secure

From what I can find, it apears the Windows 10 local mail files for the Mail app are stored here:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Comms\Unistore\Data\Temp

The Comms\Unistore subdirectories in AppData are used for Windows apps.

Also found F-Secure, and other AV programs are tagging this as a false positive.

cottonball, Mar 6, 2017
  9. BRKKAB Win User
    Well then, if that's the case I'd use a different companies Antivirus. Try Bitdefender or Kaspersky. If they say it's a threat it is. Rescan them and make a list of which Antivirus programs said it was a threat and post it in this thread.

BRKKAB, Mar 6, 2017
  10. BRKKAB Win User
    You can also download and run Adwcleaner, Junkware Removal Tool and ZHPCleaner. Run those 3 in that order, let each remove what it finds and restart your pc after each one is run.

BRKKAB, Mar 6, 2017
  11. Best thing is to use VirusTotal. There are quite a few scanning engines used there.

Navigate to the files, one at a time, double click on it so the file name is populated, then click: Scan it!

IMPORTANT! If the file is listed as already analyzed, click on: Reanalyse file now

Once completed, highlight the the address bar, and provide the link in your reply.

@ulricken, are you still with us?

cottonball, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Virus Found in the Unistore Temp Directory by F-Secure - Similar Threads - Virus Found Unistore

2. F:\ directory name is invalid why?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    F:\ directory name is invalid why?: Why is this showing up I've tried doing the chkdsk f/ thing bu than it pops up with this is a ram device/format can I change that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/f-directory-name-is-invalid-why/98476da3-bb60-45be-9e87-9ce9bf55cb7a
  3. F:\ directory name is invalid why?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    F:\ directory name is invalid why?: Why is this showing up I've tried doing the chkdsk f/ thing bu than it pops up with this is a ram device/format can I change that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/f-directory-name-is-invalid-why/98476da3-bb60-45be-9e87-9ce9bf55cb7a
  4. F:\ directory name is invalid why?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Virus found

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Virus found: I saw an edge update try to download without me clicking anything, then it cancelled the download and said virus detected. So, I immediately checked for updates and did a full computer scan. The scan came back clean and I had pending updates. I updated everything and...
  6. Temp file virus?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Temp file virus?: Hey! I've been using windows 10 a lot and this never happend to me.. What does this mean? [ATTACH] I searched on google "is it safe to remove temp folder" I seen it is safe, an answer from Microsoft. So I removed the Temp folder but it is still having the virus. How...
  7. Temp directory switches to read only

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Temp directory switches to read only: Hey all So I've had this problem on and off for the last three months; every so often, my temp directory will switch to Read Only and I'm unable to change the attributes of the files inside it. I have admin permissions on the laptop as the sole user, but when I try to make...
  8. F secure safe for free

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    F secure safe for free: I have just changed my tv, home phone and broadband package from Sky to a brand new cable from Virgin Media. I am currently using Windows Security for frequent full scans and offline scans at least once a week, and also Malwarebytes free for weekly scans. My WIFI is turned...
  9. Directory Security-10240

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Directory Security-10240: [img] I'm trying to duplicate directories in another node in my "Homegroup". I am at the last point and security is getting me. I have two nodes Cindy (a 16 gb extreme) and Kyara an 8 gb Lenovo W520, both running Win 10 10240. I find that when I attempt to copy my own...
  10. Huge Temp Directory - Nuance

in Windows 10 Support
    Huge Temp Directory - Nuance: Hi, I installed win 10 a couple of weeks ago. ever since I've had this directory: C:\Windows\Temp\Nuance\OmniPageCSDK16 growing until it takes up all the empty room on my c:\ (it grows from 0 to 40 something gigs in a few days). If i delete the directory, it just...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unistore directory windows

2. appdata local comms unistore data temp

3. bitdefender unistore