Windows 10: Virus found

Discus and support Virus found in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I saw an edge update try to download without me clicking anything, then it cancelled the download and said virus detected. So, I immediately checked... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JaeAhrend, Oct 8, 2020.

1. JaeAhrend Win User

Virus found

I saw an edge update try to download without me clicking anything, then it cancelled the download and said virus detected. So, I immediately checked for updates and did a full computer scan. The scan came back clean and I had pending updates. I updated everything and rebooted. I checked again and it said no threats found but the severe threat is in the history. SO, I used all the different links it shows to access the file on the PC but when I search it can't find it anywhere. Is that because the file never downloaded due to being cancelled and that due to my scan saying no threats detected that I have nothing to worry about?

:)

JaeAhrend, Oct 8, 2020

2. Clean the Virus

Hi,

Virus infection usually happens on a computer when it is exposed to an infected website or removable devices. For us to help you clean the malware on your device, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build and version of Windows are you using?
    • Did you encounter any error messages related to having a virus infection on your device?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest running any available antivirus software on your PC. It would be very helpful to us if you could also provide the result of the antivirus scan process.

Looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Oct 8, 2020
  3. Jsssssssss, Oct 8, 2020
  4. Virus found

Bruce Hagen, Oct 8, 2020
Thema:

Virus found

1. Virus found - Similar Threads - Virus found

2. Where is the report on MSERT scanned viruses found?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where is the report on MSERT scanned viruses found?: I ran the Microsoft Security Scanner.In the course of the scan it showed that 23 viruses had been detected and that at the end of the scan a report of the viruses, spyware, etc. would be provided. [See attached images.]But at the end of the scan no report was provided as far...
  3. Where is the report on MSERT scanned viruses found?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where is the report on MSERT scanned viruses found?: I ran the Microsoft Security Scanner.In the course of the scan it showed that 23 viruses had been detected and that at the end of the scan a report of the viruses, spyware, etc. would be provided. [See attached images.]But at the end of the scan no report was provided as far...
  4. Hello, I found a new virus that got around windows defender...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello, I found a new virus that got around windows defender...: Should I save my hard drive so that microsoft can view the virus?I reinstalled windows from my computer and it created 3 false users and is now running my computer at 100%...There's me: ChillaxThen there's: defaultuser0 defaultuser0:DESKTOP-AJ1HOKO...
  5. Hello, I found a new virus that got around windows defender...

Hello, I found a new virus that got around windows defender...: Should I save my hard drive so that microsoft can view the virus?I reinstalled windows from my computer and it created 3 false users and is now running my computer at 100%...There's me: ChillaxThen there's: defaultuser0 defaultuser0:DESKTOP-AJ1HOKO...
  6. Windows 11 Virus & Protection say Page Not Found and contact your IT Admin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Virus & Protection say Page Not Found and contact your IT Admin: Hello,I need some help. I just newly subscribed to Microsoft 365 personal. I love it. However, I just found out that when I try to open "Virus & Protection" in my windows security, it will have a prompt message stating "Page Not Found and contact your IT Admin" - this is a...
  7. Windows 11 Virus & Protection say Page Not Found and contact your IT Admin

Windows 11 Virus & Protection say Page Not Found and contact your IT Admin: Hello,I need some help. I just newly subscribed to Microsoft 365 personal. I love it. However, I just found out that when I try to open "Virus & Protection" in my windows security, it will have a prompt message stating "Page Not Found and contact your IT Admin" - this is a...
  8. Windows 11 Virus & Protection Page Not Found Contact your IT Admin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Virus & Protection Page Not Found Contact your IT Admin: Hi all, i am having trouble running a virus scan, my virus and protection is unable to launch.Please could you assist! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-virus-protection-page-not-found-contact/873e22b3-7519-43c3-936d-aff0a497fbf5
  9. Windows 11 Virus & Protection Page Not Found Contact your IT Admin

Windows 11 Virus & Protection Page Not Found Contact your IT Admin: Hi all, i am having trouble running a virus scan, my virus and protection is unable to launch.Please could you assist! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-virus-protection-page-not-found-contact/873e22b3-7519-43c3-936d-aff0a497fbf5
  10. Windows 11 Virus & Protection and Device Security - Page Not Found Contact your IT Admin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Virus & Protection and Device Security - Page Not Found Contact your IT Admin: Hi all, i am having trouble running a virus scan, my virus and protection is unable to launch. Also my Device Security is saying Memory integrity is OFF but if I try to go to settings for device security, it says Page Not Available.I have a Razer Blade 15 and everything used...