Windows 10: Virus has my thinkpad stuck in airplane mode.. Doing a factory reset doesn’t help!

Discus and support Virus has my thinkpad stuck in airplane mode.. Doing a factory reset doesn’t help! in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have barely been able to use my laptop since I got it in February. I am unable to change any of the settings and it is stuck in airplane mode.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by KaseyEllis, Aug 21, 2019.

1. Virus has my thinkpad stuck in airplane mode.. Doing a factory reset doesn’t help!

I have barely been able to use my laptop since I got it in February. I am unable to change any of the settings and it is stuck in airplane mode. There are many ‘users’ on my laptop. One of them has administrative privileges while i do not. I have attempted several factory resets and it is to no avail. I am just sick about it. Please help if you can.

:)

KaseyEllis, Aug 21, 2019

2. Stuck airplane mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with airplane mode turned on your computer.
    Now that you have me with you let me take care of this.

Let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What happens when you try to turn off Airplane mode?
    • How exactly are you trying to connect the computers to access the printer?
    • Were you able to see any error code/ error message with this issue?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?

[*]Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.
    [*]
    Method 1: Turn off the Airplane mode

• Press Windows key on the keyboard
    • Click on Settings window
    • Go to Network icon.
    • Choose Network & Internet category.
    • The second setting on the left column is Airplane mode.
    • Turn it Off

Method 2: I suggest you to refer to the Microsoft support article and check if it helps.

Computer that has VPN software installed can't detect wireless network after upgrading to Windows 10

Hope it helps. Get back t us with the required information and updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 21, 2019
  3. Stuck in airplane mode

I have a Toshiba Satellite with Intel Core i7 and Windows 10 (im not a computer guy) and my laptop is stuck in airplane mode. One second I was on the internet and then I lost connection to everything. The airplane mode switch in the settings is gray and
    there isn’t even a wifi tab like other forums suggest. None of the shortcut keys at the top of the keyboard work (the ones that control volume/brightness/ect). I have no clue what to do besides maybe reset the laptop entirley. Please help. I can’t even open
    Word.

Move From:

OG NebulaZ, Aug 21, 2019
  4. Kem Mon Win User

Virus has my thinkpad stuck in airplane mode.. Doing a factory reset doesn’t help!

I stuck in airplane mode, needfsome help

Hi Joey,

There are a lot of possible causes why your laptop/computer was stuck on airplane mode. To isolate the issue, we
    have some questions for you:

• When did this matter start?

• Were there any changes made before the issue occurred?

• Have checked if your drivers are updated?

• What other troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We suggest that you run the
    Network and Internet Troubleshooter
    and check if there's any changes. To run the
    Troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting
      and hit
      Enter.

• Choose
      Network and Internet.

• Run
      the following
      Troubleshooter:

• Internet Connections

• Network Adapter

• Incoming Connection

After running the
    Network and Internet Troubleshooter
    and the issue still persists, kindly run the
    Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter
    to check for any hardware issues and fix it automatically. To run the Troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting
      and hit
      Enter.

• Choose
      Hardware and Sound.

• Click on
      Hardware and Devices
      to run the troubleshooter.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Aug 21, 2019
Thema:

Virus has my thinkpad stuck in airplane mode.. Doing a factory reset doesn’t help!

1. Virus has my thinkpad stuck in airplane mode.. Doing a factory reset doesn’t help! - Similar Threads - Virus has thinkpad

2. Lenovo Thinkpad laptop stuck on airplane mode, yet flight mode won't toggle off, help!?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lenovo Thinkpad laptop stuck on airplane mode, yet flight mode won't toggle off, help!?: For the last couple days I've researched and tried a bunch of methods in fixing this issue.Like updates, changing settings, among other things...Afraid my laptop may be compromised to hackers due to me fiddling around with fire wall settings, as I tried to get some silly game...
  3. Lenovo Thinkpad laptop stuck on airplane mode, yet flight mode won't toggle off, help!?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lenovo Thinkpad laptop stuck on airplane mode, yet flight mode won't toggle off, help!?: For the last couple days I've researched and tried a bunch of methods in fixing this issue.Like updates, changing settings, among other things...Afraid my laptop may be compromised to hackers due to me fiddling around with fire wall settings, as I tried to get some silly game...
  4. Lenovo Thinkpad laptop stuck on airplane mode, yet flight mode won't toggle off, help!?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Stuck in airplane mode

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Stuck in airplane mode: Hi, I tried to clean boot my computer, and I was using a pin to login to my computer, but now it requires a password, and I didn't remember it, so I changed it from my phone, so I know it is the right one, but it says incorrect because I'm stuck in airplane mode. Can someone...
  6. Stuck in Airplane mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck in Airplane mode: After updating to the latest version of Windows my computer went into airplane mode and I can't turn it off. How do I get it to turn back off? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stuck-in-airplane-mode/d373b333-288f-4fe9-a98e-664a38a16a38
  7. Airplane Mode stuck

Airplane Mode stuck: What Fn key combo can I use to turn on Airplane Mode? It is currently grayed out and when I try to use my mouse, nothing happens. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/airplane-mode-stuck/a95b5043-2868-4e21-b64e-f2cede7c7c67
  8. Airplane mode stuck!

Airplane mode stuck!: I tried to turn off my computer, but it was stuck loading. So i held down the power button and that turned it off, then i turned it back on to find that airplane mode is on and i cant turn it off. I dont know how to fix it!...
  9. My airplane mode is stuck on.

My airplane mode is stuck on.: I have searched a fix and found that I should press Fn and Radio tower button. I don't have a radio tower button on my keyboard. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/my-airplane-mode-is-stuck-on/8974274e-ca7f-4b12-a784-212171f48c85
  10. Stuck in airplane mode

Stuck in airplane mode: Help! My 2 yr old HP notebook suddenly seems to be locked in airplane mode & is rendered useless. Can't connect to internet. Internal windows diagnostics can't fix. Used my desktop to search forums about this problem. Seems to be shared with others, but none of the posted...