Windows 10: Virus infected Windows Defender and made it unusable, how can I reinstall it?

Discus and support Virus infected Windows Defender and made it unusable, how can I reinstall it? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Recently I got a suspicious message from a windows system32 file asking for a windows 10 firewall rule exception. I went to check the Windows Defender... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by HereIAm2021, Jul 8, 2021.

1. Virus infected Windows Defender and made it unusable, how can I reinstall it?

Recently I got a suspicious message from a windows system32 file asking for a windows 10 firewall rule exception. I went to check the Windows Defender protection and not only it wasn't active anymore but also it couldn't be enabled again.I installed a 30 day trial antivirus to check the computer and found 3 viruses, one of them in a c:\Program Files\Windows Defender\ .exe file which was deleted by the antivirus.All viruses have been removed but Windows Defender isn't available in the computer. How can I reinstall it?

:)

HereIAm2021, Jul 8, 2021
  2. cookies1 Win User

Infected by mail.ru virus

I reinstalled Java, now its version is 64-bit. We have deleted and cleaned a lot of things. So I think I shouldn't think my PC is infected now. I thought silly about residual files, sorry for that. This infected virus disrupted my psychology. Anyway, is there any step to clean or do something else for harmful file or stuff in my PC?

Thanks. Virus infected Windows Defender and made it unusable, how can I reinstall it? :)

cookies1, Jul 8, 2021
  3. OrbitzXT Win User
    PC Infected with Virus

My boss isn't great with computers and clicked a link in an email she shouldn't have, now the PC is infected with one of those things asking for credit card info to buy anti virus software. I wasn't in the office today so I didn't get to look at it myself, but I told her to boot into safe mode and try system restore, it didn't work though and the virus/program still ran.

Usually in these cases, I just would reinstall Windows to make sure everything is clean. But she has data on this hard drive that can't be lost. When I go in tomorrow, I was going to see if I can copy the data to an external while in safe mode. I don't think it'll work, but I'll give it a shot.

I *think* I have a second internal hard drive at my office. Could I put this in the PC, install Windows on it, boot into the clean Windows then copy the files from the hard drive with the infected Windows?

Any suggestions how I should best deal with this?

OrbitzXT, Jul 8, 2021
  4. Virus infected Windows Defender and made it unusable, how can I reinstall it?

Reinstall Windows machines infected by virus

Hello Loan,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in Windows. We will help you.

• Did you try resetting the PC plugging in to AC power?
    • Did you try scanning the PC using security software and check if it could clean the virus?
    I suggest you to run Microsoft Safety scanner to make sure that computer in not infected by malware.

Refer:
    Microsoft Safety Scanner

Disclaimer : Any data files that are infected may only be cleaned by deleting the file entirely, which means there is a potential for data loss.

After performing the scan using the above application check if the system is functioning fine with no Virus.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jul 8, 2021
Thema:

Virus infected Windows Defender and made it unusable, how can I reinstall it?

1. Virus infected Windows Defender and made it unusable, how can I reinstall it? - Similar Threads - Virus infected Defender

2. I think the computer is infected with a virus and windows defender no longer sees the virus.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I think the computer is infected with a virus and windows defender no longer sees the virus.: used translation because I don't know English, i hope I was able to explain.It all started 2-3 days ago when I was trying to download a game from the internet. Since Windows Security detected a virus, I immediately deleted the file I downloaded, and then my nightmare began....
  3. Windows 11 reinstall has made my laptop unusable.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 reinstall has made my laptop unusable.: Two afternoons ago, my new Omen 16 laptop was unable to boot into Windows 11 abruptly. I called HP tech support, who informed me that it was a software issue, not a hardware issue, and that I would need to reinstall Windows 11 and that they couldn’t help me any further. So, I...
  4. Windows 11 reinstall has made my laptop unusable.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 reinstall has made my laptop unusable.: Two afternoons ago, my new Omen 16 laptop was unable to boot into Windows 11 abruptly. I called HP tech support, who informed me that it was a software issue, not a hardware issue, and that I would need to reinstall Windows 11 and that they couldn’t help me any further. So, I...
  5. I reinstalled windows 11 couple times and still infected with virus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I reinstalled windows 11 couple times and still infected with virus: Recently My Pc got infected with virus or malware I used the windows reset couple times but still infected. Then I installed manually and clean the disk. But the virus/malware still always there....
  6. I reinstalled windows 11 couple times and still infected with virus

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I reinstalled windows 11 couple times and still infected with virus: Recently My Pc got infected with virus or malware I used the windows reset couple times but still infected. Then I installed manually and clean the disk. But the virus/malware still always there....
  7. How can I decrypt the files infected with a Virus

How can I decrypt the files infected with a Virus: Hello Community,Please I need helpSuddenly my all files were encrypted with .sspq extension after downloading a software contains virus. I am using windows 8. These are really important files for me I dont want to lose them. I can't access the files now. I have tried...
  8. How Secure Windows Defender at Hard Disk Infected with Virus

How Secure Windows Defender at Hard Disk Infected with Virus: Hello Team, Greetings for the day. Have a question on Windows Defender, Is that works well at Data stored in our Hard Disk which contains Virus.? * Moved from Education...
  9. (SOLVED) Virus infected MS Defender

(SOLVED) Virus infected MS Defender: I am on windows 10, a program asked me to disable defender to continue the install, I stupidly did, now a virus slowing my laptop and controlling my browsers default search engines, etc.. ,also it adds exclusions automatically to defender to specific things like (Windows...
  10. Virus infected MS Defender

Virus infected MS Defender: I am on windows 10, a program asked me to disable defender to continue the install, I stupidly did, now a virus slowing my laptop and controlling my browsers default search engines, etc.. ,also it adds exclusions automatically to defender to specific things like (Windows...