Windows 10: virus keeps making temp files

Discus and support virus keeps making temp files in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; hello! i dont know a lot about computers so please bare with me. i downloaded what im assuming is a virus of some sort. i use malwarebytes for virus... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by casperclown, Dec 5, 2021.

1. virus keeps making temp files

hello! i dont know a lot about computers so please bare with me. i downloaded what im assuming is a virus of some sort. i use malwarebytes for virus protection but it didnt catch it i guess? the virus is playing ads in the background and i can see it in my task manager but malwarebytes and windows defender arent detecting it as a threat. i can see that it's making a bunch of temp files so every time i put it in the recycling bin it does pretty much nothing. ive done offline scans and full scans and its still not being detected. if you need anymore information just ask. really want to deal with

:)

casperclown, Dec 5, 2021

2. Temp Files : Runaway Creation

Hello Bruce,

Windows Temporary files are created by the operating system during the normal course of its running when there may not be enough memory allocated for the task.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to delete temporary files nad check if it helps:

Step 1

• Press Windows key + R
    • Type temp and click OK
    • Press Ctrl + A and click Delete

Step 2

• Press Windows key + R
    • Type %temp% and click OK

Step 3

• Press Windows key + R
    • Type prefetch and click OK

Get back to us, if you have further queries. We will be glad to help you.

Anju Thekkethil, Dec 5, 2021
  3. Vicky Acs Win User
    about temp folder

Hi Hector,

The temp folder provides work space for programs. Yes they can be deleted. We suggest that you follow the steps provided by Sangeeta Sarkar on how to delete Temp files on this

link
    . You may also type in the search box Disk Cleanup and hit enter. It will evaluate your disk and give you a list of folders sizes that can be deleted.

Keep us updated on the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Regards.

Vicky Acs, Dec 5, 2021
  4. virus keeps making temp files

These temp files will not delete

Hi Jeffrey,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

We understand that, you are unable to delete temp files on Windows 10 and I'd be certainly help you.

For a better understanding of your issue, answer the query below:

• Do you receive any prompt or error code?
    • What happens, when you try to delete temp files?
    I suggest you to follow these methods below and check, if it works:

Method 1:

• Press Windows key + R key together, to open RUN command Window.
    • Type "temp" in the RUN Command Window, to open temp folder and then delete the files and folders inside the temp folder.
    If the issue persists, follow method 2.

Method 2:

• Press Windows key + R key together, to open RUN command Window.
    • Type "%temp%" in the RUN Command Window, to open temp folder and then delete the files and folders inside the temp folder.
    If the issue persists, follow method 3.

Method 3:

I suggest you to boot the computer to Safe Mode, then perform disk cleanup on Windows 10 and check, if it works.

I suggest you to refer the article and check, if it helps.

Windows Startup Settings (including safe mode):

Windows help & learning - Microsoft Support

Let's try to perform disk cleanup on Windows 10 and check, if it works.

Disk cleanup in Windows 10:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/disk-cleanup-in-windows-10

Please feel free to contact us, if you face any issues with Windows.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Dec 5, 2021
Thema:

virus keeps making temp files

1. virus keeps making temp files - Similar Threads - virus keeps making

2. In temp files, an .exe appearing every minute, is it a virus?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In temp files, an .exe appearing every minute, is it a virus?: hi, i was checking Temp folder for unwanted junk, i have found a folder in C:\Users\<USER>\AppData\Local\Temp , which has random folders ' nsxxxxx.tmp' created everyminute and having shangri.exe file in all, I tried to open it but it gives me error, is it virus or potentially...
  3. In temp files, an .exe appearing every minute, is it a virus?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    In temp files, an .exe appearing every minute, is it a virus?: hi, i was checking Temp folder for unwanted junk, i have found a folder in C:\Users\<USER>\AppData\Local\Temp , which has random folders ' nsxxxxx.tmp' created everyminute and having shangri.exe file in all, I tried to open it but it gives me error, is it virus or potentially...
  4. why is there two temp files? temp and %Temp%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why is there two temp files? temp and %Temp%: dear Microsoft My computer was feeling slow so I decided to delete the temp files. Is it ok to delete the temp files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-there-two-temp-files-temp-and-temp/4d7e1bb1-c01e-4ff6-8135-4208187a6663
  5. virus keeps making temp files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    virus keeps making temp files: hello! i dont know a lot about computers so please bare with me. i downloaded what im assuming is a virus of some sort. i use malwarebytes for virus protection but it didnt catch it i guess? the virus is playing ads in the background and i can see it in my task manager but...
  6. virus keeps making temp files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    virus keeps making temp files: hello! i dont know a lot about computers so please bare with me. i downloaded what im assuming is a virus of some sort. i use malwarebytes for virus protection but it didnt catch it i guess? the virus is playing ads in the background and i can see it in my task manager but...
  7. %temp%,temp and prefeth files.

in Windows 10 Customization
    %temp%,temp and prefeth files.: My camera was working slow so i contacted the support team and they told me to type %temp% and delete all the files.Further more i was told to delete prefetch and temp files in the same way.But the slowness of camera was still there the original cause i found out yesterday...
  8. Temp file virus?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Temp file virus?: Hey! I've been using windows 10 a lot and this never happend to me.. What does this mean? [ATTACH] I searched on google "is it safe to remove temp folder" I seen it is safe, an answer from Microsoft. So I removed the Temp folder but it is still having the virus. How...
  9. NSIS error Writing Temp. file. Make sure your temp. folder is valid?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    NSIS error Writing Temp. file. Make sure your temp. folder is valid?: I was updating my Nvidia GeForce driver which is my graphics driver on my laptop. After the update, this message keeps appearing every few minutes. Please help....
  10. There is a file that keeps generating in my %temp% folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    There is a file that keeps generating in my %temp% folder: Hello , so a few weeks ago suddently I found out that I cannot use the ctrl+c or ctrl+v in a program. When I tried to copy and paste something in a text file it showed the file location to this...