Windows 10: Virus/Malware infection after trying to reinstall Windows 10

Discus and support Virus/Malware infection after trying to reinstall Windows 10 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I was trying to reinstall Windows 10 on my 2/1 RCA laptop. After completing it Cortana was walking me through the start up procedures when things went... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Sharpwayne, Feb 10, 2019.

1. Virus/Malware infection after trying to reinstall Windows 10

I was trying to reinstall Windows 10 on my 2/1 RCA laptop. After completing it Cortana was walking me through the start up procedures when things went sideways. Now I can't access my systems program and Microsoft Edge try's to load then crashes. I called a # that my 411 operator said was a Microsoft support # "1-844-293-4252". The tech was very knowledgeable and after connecting with my system said I had malware in my system and I needed more SSL/TLS/IP protection. He wouldn't even fix "remove the code that's causing my problem" until I had that added protection because it would happen again. He did say he would sell me a 150$ virus/malware package. I then started to think this wasn't official Microsoft support number. Anyone who can help me with this problem would be really appreciated.

Thanks, Michael

:)

Sharpwayne, Feb 10, 2019

2. Reinstall Windows machines infected by virus

Hello Loan,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in Windows. We will help you.

• Did you try resetting the PC plugging in to AC power?
    • Did you try scanning the PC using security software and check if it could clean the virus?
    I suggest you to run Microsoft Safety scanner to make sure that computer in not infected by malware.

Refer:
    Microsoft Safety Scanner

Disclaimer : Any data files that are infected may only be cleaned by deleting the file entirely, which means there is a potential for data loss.

After performing the scan using the above application check if the system is functioning fine with no Virus.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Sachin Venkatesh, Feb 10, 2019
  3. bruinator Win User
    steps taken for infected Pc's.

I was hoping someone could give me a list of step by step instructions you use as a guide to clean virus, malware...etc. so I can keep my PC clean if it gets infected.

thx

bruinator, Feb 10, 2019
  4. Mel Tar Win User

Virus/Malware infection after trying to reinstall Windows 10

Rooted Malware, Virus, and Trojan Infection, Keylogger Trojan Malware

Hi,

Please click the link below and follow Stephen Boots' suggestion on how to remove Trojan virus on your computer:

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Mel Tar, Feb 10, 2019
Thema:

Virus/Malware infection after trying to reinstall Windows 10

1. Virus/Malware infection after trying to reinstall Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Virus Malware infection

2. Infected by malware

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Infected by malware: I have been infected with something that says " MCAffee"Subscription payment failed". I tried to find it a program to delete but could not. I run a Dell with Windows 10 Pro. How do I delete this program?Thanks in advance....
  3. Infected by malware

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Infected by malware: I have been infected with something that says " MCAffee"Subscription payment failed". I tried to find it a program to delete but could not. I run a Dell with Windows 10 Pro. How do I delete this program?Thanks in advance....
  4. Malware Help - Infected by 'Redeemer' ransomware virus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Malware Help - Infected by 'Redeemer' ransomware virus: I was just using my PC until it suddenly restarted, I thought it was a simple malfunction until I saw that it had been rebooted into Windows 10 Safe Mode I am using Windows 10 OSI am trying to access basic Windows 10 functions that should still work in Safe Mode such as the...
  5. Malware Help - Infected by 'Redeemer' ransomware virus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Malware Help - Infected by 'Redeemer' ransomware virus: I was just using my PC until it suddenly restarted, I thought it was a simple malfunction until I saw that it had been rebooted into Windows 10 Safe Mode I am using Windows 10 OSI am trying to access basic Windows 10 functions that should still work in Safe Mode such as the...
  6. Malware Help - Infected by 'Redeemer' ransomware virus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Resetting Windows 10 after malware infection

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Resetting Windows 10 after malware infection: Hi, everyone! I have recently been foolish enough to download and run an .exe file from a suspicious website. I have been using the free version of Kaspersky and I can say that I am pretty satisfied with it. So once I ran the file the antivuris detected 3 types of Trojan and...
  8. Computer infected with Trojan Virus and Malware

Computer infected with Trojan Virus and Malware: My computer has a problem as it has been infected with Trojan virus and malware and adware as well and the keys are not working the desktop icons are not appearing and I can't use the desktop itself and even the local C drive is also affected in user data now how to repair...
  9. Is my Microsoft Account infected by a virus or malware?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Is my Microsoft Account infected by a virus or malware?: Hello, a few days ago my credit card has been compromised, I thought maybe because I turn on credit card autofill in Microsoft Edge but when I entered my Microsoft Account panel "https://account.microsoft.com/?ref=MeControl" I noticed an attention mark on the URL bar when a...
  10. Is my Microsoft Account infected by a virus or malware?

Is my Microsoft Account infected by a virus or malware?: Hello, a few days ago my credit card has been compromised, I thought maybe because I turn on credit card autofill in Microsoft Edge but when I entered my Microsoft Account panel "https://account.microsoft.com/?ref=MeControl" I noticed an attention mark on the URL bar when a...