Windows 10: Virus & Malware - MS Defender

Discus and support Virus & Malware - MS Defender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have a problem with MS Defender updating. It shows weird error that it is not able to download update due to internet connection. I have internet... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Prasanna Rajadhyax, Jul 17, 2020.

1. Virus & Malware - MS Defender

I have a problem with MS Defender updating. It shows weird error that it is not able to download update due to internet connection. I have internet connection always and i dont see that as a challenge while using heavy download.

Kindly suggest.

:)

Prasanna Rajadhyax, Jul 17, 2020

2. virus and malware

Hi Zac,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing currently. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?
    • Did you make any changes in prior to this issue?
    • What is the exact message you get on the screen?
    • Have you installed or running any anti-virus software?
    • Are you connect to a network?
    As of now, I would recommend that you perform full system scan check if there is any virus or malware infections using Windows Defender.

Windows Defender is included with Windows and helps protect your PC against
    malware (malicious software). Malware consists of viruses, spyware, and other potentially unwanted software. Malware can infect your PC without your knowledge: it might install itself from an email message, when you connect to the Internet, or when you
    install certain apps using a USB flash drive, CD, DVD, or other removable media. Some malware can also be programmed to run at unexpected times, not only when it's installed.

Windows Defender helps keep malware from infecting your PC in two ways:

• Providing real-time protection. Windows Defender notifies you and blocks malware that tries to install itself or run on your PC. It also notifies you when apps try to change important settings.

• Providing anytime scanning options. Windows Defender automatically scans your PC for installed malware on a regular basis, but you can also start a scan whenever you want. Windows Defender automatically quarantines or removes anything that's
      detected during a scan. For more info about how to scan your PC using Windows Defender, see

How do I find and remove a virus?

When you use Windows Defender, it's important to have up-to-date definitions. Definitions are files that act like an ever-growing encyclopedia of potential software threats. Windows Defender uses definitions to detect any malware and to notify you of potential
    risks.

Hope the information helps. Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Jul 17, 2020
  3. Mayra Aqu Win User
    win 10 defender issues

Hi,

Windows Defender helps in making your computer secure from any viruses or malware. Listed below are some reasons why the program will not work properly:

• Software conflicts (usually cause with other anti-virus application)
    • Virus and malware infection
    • Corrupted system files

To help you with the issue, we suggest following the steps provided by
    PrashantKumar96
    on this thread
    that can help in running your Windows Defender successfully.

Let us know if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, Jul 17, 2020
  4. Mel Tar Win User

Virus & Malware - MS Defender

Rooted Malware, Virus, and Trojan Infection, Keylogger Trojan Malware

Hi,

Please click the link below and follow Stephen Boots' suggestion on how to remove Trojan virus on your computer:

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Mel Tar, Jul 17, 2020
Thema:

Virus & Malware - MS Defender

1. Virus & Malware - MS Defender - Similar Threads - Virus Malware Defender

2. Virus and Malware

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Virus and Malware: Recently a threat was detected in my SurfaceGo Windows 11 but I am unable to take any action.It says "you will need a new app to open this windows defender link" but i am not getting any such app on the app store. Whats the remedy for it ?I am not getting any support from...
  3. Viruses and Malware

Viruses and Malware: I switched to Windows 11 and upon startup recieved a SYSTEM warning that there was an active screen reader with no Unknown file location. Upon entering my Event Viewer I immediatly noticed activity and shared files, photos, password's and so on had taken place. I researched...
  4. Virus and Malware

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Virus and Malware: Questions about windows update. Just wondering, if I had a problem like virius I was not aware of would updates fix it, or would I be notified of it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virus-and-malware/77dbd6f1-f70e-462f-9861-4934fe968b68
  5. Virus and Malware

Virus and Malware: My computer has been infected by a virus and encrypted all my drives. All my documents have a .peet extension and I can not open them. Any help on how on the decryption of the corrupted files?...
  6. (SOLVED) Virus infected MS Defender

(SOLVED) Virus infected MS Defender: I am on windows 10, a program asked me to disable defender to continue the install, I stupidly did, now a virus slowing my laptop and controlling my browsers default search engines, etc.. ,also it adds exclusions automatically to defender to specific things like (Windows...
  7. Virus infected MS Defender

Virus infected MS Defender: I am on windows 10, a program asked me to disable defender to continue the install, I stupidly did, now a virus slowing my laptop and controlling my browsers default search engines, etc.. ,also it adds exclusions automatically to defender to specific things like (Windows...
  8. Defender unable to find and remove virus or malware

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Defender unable to find and remove virus or malware: Hi, there seems to be an elusive virus on my Wins 10 hard drive even though I have used Defender (updated) to do mini and full scans online and offline. It initially took downloaded software from Brother website, and Kindle app from Amazon website and installed them on a...
  9. Virus / Malware

in Windows 10 Support
    Virus / Malware: - Windows 10 Pro 64 bit About two weeks ago, I would get periodic popups in the form of a new tab in Edge. On the new tab, it said: “Congratulations User! You have been selected today to receive a FREE iPhone X, PlayStation 4 or Samsung Galaxy S6! Please click OK to claim...
  10. Malware or Virus?

Malware or Virus?: I usually use downmagz.com to download magazines. Today, I went to there to get some mags and when I went to the download page I got a popup that said CableONE has blocked the website. Clicked OK and then a page came up with a blue screen and another popup. There was also a...