Windows 10: Virus Notifications on Google Chrome

Discus and support Virus Notifications on Google Chrome in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I kept receiving virus notifications from a site called, "beta-news.org". I clicked on some Captcha, which allowed the site to send me notifications.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Rohan13, Aug 14, 2021.

1. Rohan13 Win User

Virus Notifications on Google Chrome

I kept receiving virus notifications from a site called, "beta-news.org". I clicked on some Captcha, which allowed the site to send me notifications. The notifications contained misspellings, and clearly seemed like a scam, trying to gain information about me. I disabled the notifications on Chrome, by find answers on Microsoft forums. However, I just want to make sure that I don't actually have a virus on my laptop. Can someone elaborate further and explain if this actually is a virus or not?

:)

Rohan13, Aug 14, 2021
  2. Xylee Del Win User

problem uninstalling google chrome

Hi,

Since you already uninstalled Google Chrome using the Programs and Features, Google notifications may still be running in the background processes. We suggest that you follow these steps on how to end the Google Chrome process:

• On your keyboard, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under Processes, locate Google Notifications or Google Chrome.
    • Right click on them and select End Task.
    • Double check under Programs and Features if Google Chrome is completely gone.

Let us know if these steps worked.

Xylee Del, Aug 14, 2021
  3. Google Chrome download

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to uninstall the application and download the setup files or install directly from Internet explorer by following the steps below:

• Open Internet explorer and type ‘www.google.com’ in the address bar.
    • To will get a notification on the right side of the browser to download and install Google Chrome.
    • Click on the notification and follow the prompts to download and install the Google Chrome application.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 14, 2021
  4. Gowrish_S Win User

Missing Google Chrome system notification icon.

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please answer these questions for us:

1. Was there any changes made on the computer prior to the issue?
    2. Are you able to see other notification icons?
    3. Have you tested the issue on a different user account?
    Please try this step and let us know:

As you have already tried enabling the settings in Google Chrome and Windows 10, I would suggest you to create a new user account by following the

link
    and test the issue.

Note- The notification icon will be missing if you access the Google Chrome in Incognito mode. Please access the browser in normal mode.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Gowrish S

Microsoft Community –Moderator

Gowrish_S, Aug 14, 2021
Thema:

1. Virus Notifications on Google Chrome - Similar Threads - Virus Notifications Google

2. Virus Notifications On Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virus Notifications On Google Chrome: I kept receiving VIRUS notification from a site "rqstz.titaniumveinshaper.com" and it says i have to buy a plan to make a scan and for remove the viruses,,,I opened any website which show redirect like something and ask for allow and i mistakenly allowed it and after that I...
  3. Virus Notifications On Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virus Notifications On Google Chrome: I kept receiving VIRUS notification from a site "rqstz.titaniumveinshaper.com" and it says i have to buy a plan to make a scan and for remove the viruses,,,I opened any website which show redirect like something and ask for allow and i mistakenly allowed it and after that I...
  4. Virus Notifications On Google Chrome

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Can't get Google Chrome notifications banners or in the Notification Center

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't get Google Chrome notifications banners or in the Notification Center: Brand new Lenovo V15 G2 ALC laptop with Windows 11 home. On the System->Notifications screen in the Settings app, I can turn on notifications for Google Chrome. but I do not get the banners or notifications on the notifications center, I can hear the notification but not see...
  6. Can't get Google Chrome notifications banners or in the Notification Center

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't get Google Chrome notifications banners or in the Notification Center: Brand new Lenovo V15 G2 ALC laptop with Windows 11 home. On the System->Notifications screen in the Settings app, I can turn on notifications for Google Chrome. but I do not get the banners or notifications on the notifications center, I can hear the notification but not see...
  7. Google Chrome Virus Detected Notification

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Google Chrome Virus Detected Notification: I accidentally clicked on the notification and now i think i might have a virus https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/google-chrome-virus-detected-notification/b03d828b-d41a-40d4-bef6-163816a590d6
  8. Weird Google Chrome Notification Style

in Windows 10 Customization
    Weird Google Chrome Notification Style: For the past few days, I am getting a different type of Google Chrome notification. Something like thisAnd I don't quite like this, style. I prefer the notification style belowAny ideas how to change this?...
  9. Google Chrome web notifications not working.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Google Chrome web notifications not working.: After an update a few months ago, the notifications for websites, like Google Calendar and Gmail do not work unless the tab is open. They do have permission to send notifications. I have tried restarting my computer several times, updating my drivers and checking for system...
  10. Google Chrome Streamlining Notifications on Desktop

in Windows 10 News
    Google Chrome Streamlining Notifications on Desktop: This past spring, Chrome began supporting push notifications for web pages via the emerging web push standard. However, notifications in Chrome aren’t new; Chrome apps and extensions have supported push notifications on desktop since 2010. In some cases, these desktop...