Windows 10: virus on Windows 10

Discus and support virus on Windows 10 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I received a phone call from a woman in a call center telling she was a Windows technician and that my Windows was infected with a virus and that I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by jenshahn1, May 20, 2023.

1. jenshahn1 Win User

virus on Windows 10

I received a phone call from a woman in a call center telling she was a Windows technician and that my Windows was infected with a virus and that I should immediatly follow her instructions. I strongly suppose this was a fraud call but I hope they cannot access my Windows just by knowing where I live.

:)

jenshahn1, May 20, 2023
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 20, 2023
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, May 20, 2023
  4. Delta6326 Win User

virus on Windows 10

Delta6326, May 20, 2023
Thema:

virus on Windows 10

1. virus on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - virus

2. Trojan virus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trojan virus: Hello 2 days ago I was downloading something from Chrome like normal but when I opened the downloaded file my windows defender detected a trojan virus I blocked the threats but today any pictures I have on pc aren't opening up and command panel was opening yesterday. Today I...
  3. Trojan virus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trojan virus: Hello 2 days ago I was downloading something from Chrome like normal but when I opened the downloaded file my windows defender detected a trojan virus I blocked the threats but today any pictures I have on pc aren't opening up and command panel was opening yesterday. Today I...
  4. Trojan virus

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Should I fix first the virus then update my bios using USB or vice versa?

Should I fix first the virus then update my bios using USB or vice versa?: USB shortcut virus and BIOS update. My Flashdrive port has a virus which creates a shortcut to folders whenever I insert a USB, I already watched a couple of videos on how to fix this but I also need to update my bios due to another problem on my pc....
  6. Should I fix first the virus then update my bios using USB or vice versa?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Should I fix first the virus then update my bios using USB or vice versa?: USB shortcut virus and BIOS update. My Flashdrive port has a virus which creates a shortcut to folders whenever I insert a USB, I already watched a couple of videos on how to fix this but I also need to update my bios due to another problem on my pc....
  7. Should I fix first the virus then update my bios using USB or vice versa?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. "Virus scan failed" message everytime i try to download from browser..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Virus scan failed" message everytime i try to download from browser..: How do I fix this? It just happened out of nowhere. I tried downloading on Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virus-scan-failed-message-everytime-i-try-to/9e513f37-f335-4d84-9343-0a2f91968092
  9. "Virus scan failed" message everytime i try to download from browser..

"Virus scan failed" message everytime i try to download from browser..: How do I fix this? It just happened out of nowhere. I tried downloading on Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virus-scan-failed-message-everytime-i-try-to/9e513f37-f335-4d84-9343-0a2f91968092
  10. "Virus scan failed" message everytime i try to download from browser..

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security