Windows 10: Virus or Keyboard problem

Discus and support Virus or Keyboard problem in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My laptop has this virus or keyboard problem for just over 1 month. It dosen't stop when I reset or factory my laptop and is just there. Whenever i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jude09, May 11, 2019.

1. Jude09 Win User

Virus or Keyboard problem

My laptop has this virus or keyboard problem for just over 1 month. It dosen't stop when I reset or factory my laptop and is just there. Whenever i press a key it does not register and does something completely different for example when i press 'a' it wants to gamecapture and when i press 'g' it wants to project screen and whenever i press 'u' it spams '8'. But most of the time it does this automatically itself which is really weird. I have to use a external usb keyboard to type but sometimes it dosen't let me use it so i have to restart. I've tried alot of solutions but none have fixed the problem but feel free to mention some.

:)

Jude09, May 11, 2019

2. Keyboard problem in Windows 10

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to check if the issue persists when you connect another keyboard to your system.

If the issue is with the keyboard, then suggest you to update the keyboard drivers by following the steps below.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager
      from the list.

• Expand ‘Keyboard’ from the list.

• Right click on the driver and select ‘update driver software’ and follow the prompts.

Hope the information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, May 11, 2019
  3. Keyboard letters problem

Here are the first two steps you need to take:

• Try a different keyboard (or an external USB keyboard in case of a laptop)
    • See if the problem persists with the on-screen keyboard (osk.exe)

Frederik Long, May 11, 2019
  4. newtekie1 Win User

How can I remove this virus remnant?

I was also going to suggest Autoruns.

Check to make sure it isn't attaching itself to explorer. It should be the 3rd thing listed in Autoruns, the listing for the Shell. It should just be Explorer.exe. If it is anything else, that might be your problem.

newtekie1, May 11, 2019
Thema:

1. Virus or Keyboard problem - Similar Threads - Virus Keyboard problem

2. Keyboard virus a thing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard virus a thing: My keyboard keeps for getting and mixing up everything on it even if I do a few view type and a is a 6 the slash is a DOT and one is an 8 it's very annoying put a patch out for this please...
  3. Keyboard virus a thing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard virus a thing: My keyboard keeps for getting and mixing up everything on it even if I do a few view type and a is a 6 the slash is a DOT and one is an 8 it's very annoying put a patch out for this please...
  4. virus problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    virus problem: hello,my system have virus all my data formate change i can't use anything so please help me about itthanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virus-problem/424473e2-97ef-494b-bbf5-38f286f8b251
  5. virus problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    virus problem: hello,my system have virus all my data formate change i can't use anything so please help me about itthanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virus-problem/424473e2-97ef-494b-bbf5-38f286f8b251
  6. keyboard virus

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    keyboard virus: My keyboard stopped working and will not restart properly. I tried to fix,advanced options but keyboard isnt working so only option i have is to restart so i can not do anything with it. HELP PLEASE...
  7. keyboard virus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    keyboard virus: keyboard virus fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/keyboard-virus/90da1cbc-cce2-4ead-b7c3-e1ab79de794a
  8. Problem with Viruses

Problem with Viruses: How do I get rid of the viruses, and link sharing apps , file transfer ect. [Original Title: HACKED] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/problem-with-viruses/95bb495e-492e-49bd-848b-09c052664619
  9. Virus problem

Virus problem: My laptop suddenly went to the blue screen saying it needs to restart. Ever since it is running extremely slow. Windows defender threat security got disabled and is not turning back on. The registry “DisableAntiSpyware” got deleted. I tried to restore at an earlier point but...
  10. Virus problem

Virus problem: Every time I try to open a document to print or download something I get a message that says it contained a virus and was deleted. Any ideas as to why? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/virus-problem/6744bba6-65a8-48f6-b126-52aec406c22c