Windows 10: Virus or Potentially unwanted software

Discus and support Virus or Potentially unwanted software in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I don't know what happened all the apps that i download on PC is not working, when I click on them they show up this message "Operation did not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Miracle Diaz, Nov 17, 2023.

1. Virus or Potentially unwanted software

I don't know what happened all the apps that i download on PC is not working, when I click on them they show up this message "Operation did not complete successfully because the file contains a virus or potentially unwanted software" so how can I get my apps back

:)

Miracle Diaz, Nov 17, 2023
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Windows Security shows "Potentially unwanted app found" but nothing appears on Protection history

Hi EtherealDarkFlame

I am Dave, I will help you with this.

A PUA (potentially unwanted app) is not a virus r malware, it is just a piece of software installed on your PC that Defender deems to be unwanted, or software that has a bad reputation.

Is there any indication in Defender what software it is listing as a PUA?

DaveM121, Nov 17, 2023
  3. Ghot Win User
    Potentially Unwanted App Found (Not)

Ok... 1. a PUA (Potentially Unwanted App), is usually not dangerous, it's just unwanted. 2. You should probably use Malwarebytes rather than Malware Fighter. Malwarebytes has a long standing, good reputation... and it works. Free Antivirus 2023 | Download Free Antivirus & Virus Scan | 100% Free & Easy Install Another option is the ESET online scanner. Run the ONE-TIME SCAN, found here... Free Virus Scan | Online Virus Scan from ESET | ESET Either one of these should take care of your problem. I've never heard of Malware Fighter, and it doesn't show up on any of the comparisons. Run

4. Virus or Potentially unwanted software

Jsssssssss, Nov 17, 2023
Thema:

Virus or Potentially unwanted software

1. Virus or Potentially unwanted software - Similar Threads - Virus Potentially unwanted

2. Virus or Potentially unwanted software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virus or Potentially unwanted software: I don't know what happened all the apps that i download on PC is not working, when I click on them they show up this message "Operation did not complete successfully because the file contains a virus or potentially unwanted software" so how can I get my apps back...
  3. Virus or Potentially unwanted software

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Virus or Potentially unwanted software: I don't know what happened all the apps that i download on PC is not working, when I click on them they show up this message "Operation did not complete successfully because the file contains a virus or potentially unwanted software" so how can I get my apps back...
  4. potentially unwanted app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    potentially unwanted app: so my computer has been running fine and no issues, and later today i tried to log in and it let me but whenever i restart it just shows a gray screen and i can't do anything....it takes forever to go away, it says this is the issue but i dont know how to fix it. and it said...
  5. potentially unwanted app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    potentially unwanted app: so my computer has been running fine and no issues, and later today i tried to log in and it let me but whenever i restart it just shows a gray screen and i can't do anything....it takes forever to go away, it says this is the issue but i dont know how to fix it. and it said...
  6. potential unwanted apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    potential unwanted apps: i did a scan on my hp computer, found a potential unwanted app. now in the taskbar over the windows security shield their is a yellow triangle and i click on shield and it says windows security action recommend}. i click on shield and it takes me to protection history and...
  7. Potentially Unwanted Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Potentially Unwanted Apps: On my Windows Security, I have been getting alerts about potentially unwanted apps. When I go to it, it shows two; Program:Win32/Uwamson.A!ml and PUA:Win32/Puamson.A!ml. I don't know what these are, and it does not give me an option to remove them. I looked on YouTube, but...
  8. Potentially unwanted App

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Potentially unwanted App: PUA:Win32/LittleRegClean Whenever I click remove nothing is happening. How do I get rid of this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/potentially-unwanted-app/ab605f5a-4794-49ff-88af-6c5ac10cd3ea
  9. windows security flagging CCleaner as Potentially Unwanted Software

windows security flagging CCleaner as Potentially Unwanted Software: Just started today. Surely MS doesn't mean to flag the CCleaner folks. From Windows Security > Virus & threat protection Detection: PUA:Win32/CCleaner Date: 7/27/2020 7:23 AM Details: This program has potentially unwanted behavior. Severity: Low Insider build: 20H2, OS...
  10. Potentially unwanted app

Potentially unwanted app: Recent scans are showing PUA:Win32/MyWebSearch loaded on to my PC on 15 June in file: \Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy4\Users\User\Desktop\C\Users\Andy\AppData\LocalLow\HeadlineAlley_29\bar\Cache\1CBDAD6E.cab. I've run the Remove action in protection history several times,...