Windows 10: Virus problem

Discus and support Virus problem in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Every time I try to open a document to print or download something I get a message that says it contained a virus and was deleted. Any ideas as to why?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by BruceBalliet1, Mar 10, 2019.

1. Virus problem

Every time I try to open a document to print or download something I get a message that says it contained a virus and was deleted. Any ideas as to why? Thanks

:)

BruceBalliet1, Mar 10, 2019
  2. newtekie1 Win User

How can I remove this virus remnant?

I was also going to suggest Autoruns.

Check to make sure it isn't attaching itself to explorer. It should be the 3rd thing listed in Autoruns, the listing for the Shell. It should just be Explorer.exe. If it is anything else, that might be your problem.

newtekie1, Mar 10, 2019
  3. dalchina Win User
    Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Mar 10, 2019
  4. Virus problem

virus and spyware definition

I followed the steps as suggested, and hence the problem got solved that time. But now again the virus definition is not getting updated. Its showing the same problem again. Any long term solution?

AbhinavSrivastav_790, Mar 10, 2019
Thema:

Virus problem

1. Virus problem - Similar Threads - Virus problem

2. Problem with virus & threat protection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with virus & threat protection: Dear all,I recently performed a factory reset on both my laptop and PC to ensure a fresh start. This is a process I've undertaken multiple times without encountering any issues. However, post-reset, I noticed the absence of the virus and threat protection options in the...
  3. Problem with virus & threat protection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with virus & threat protection: Dear all,I recently performed a factory reset on both my laptop and PC to ensure a fresh start. This is a process I've undertaken multiple times without encountering any issues. However, post-reset, I noticed the absence of the virus and threat protection options in the...
  4. So i have an problem with Opening: virus/thread protection.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    So i have an problem with Opening: virus/thread protection.: Idk what should i do i cant find anything on the internet. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/so-i-have-an-problem-with-opening-virusthread/d1257b15-b110-4485-a23b-2e3171bcf693
  5. So i have an problem with Opening: virus/thread protection.

So i have an problem with Opening: virus/thread protection.: Idk what should i do i cant find anything on the internet. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/so-i-have-an-problem-with-opening-virusthread/d1257b15-b110-4485-a23b-2e3171bcf693
  6. Virus remove problem.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virus remove problem.: I'm having a problem with Windows Defender the threats found after I ran a full scan that last maybe around 10 hours cannot be removed by windows defender. I selected the remove option and it shows processing but after a while the threats are still listed and active. I...
  7. Virus remove problem.

Virus remove problem.: I'm having a problem with Windows Defender the threats found after I ran a full scan that last maybe around 10 hours cannot be removed by windows defender. I selected the remove option and it shows processing but after a while the threats are still listed and active. I...
  8. Virus remove problem.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. After a clean reinstallation of Windows 11 I still have a problem with Trojan virus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After a clean reinstallation of Windows 11 I still have a problem with Trojan virus: About a month ago Microsoft Defender found the Trojan virus Wacatac.H!ml. and since then I have been struggling to solve this problem. I tried all the conventional ways to remove it, in the end I did a clean reinstallation of Windows with the deletion of all files. Even after...
  10. After a clean reinstallation of Windows 11 I still have a problem with Trojan virus

After a clean reinstallation of Windows 11 I still have a problem with Trojan virus: About a month ago Microsoft Defender found the Trojan virus Wacatac.H!ml. and since then I have been struggling to solve this problem. I tried all the conventional ways to remove it, in the end I did a clean reinstallation of Windows with the deletion of all files. Even after...