Windows 10: Virus protection disabled, can't be enabled

Discus and support Virus protection disabled, can't be enabled in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I keep getting a system tray icon with a warning, and when I click on it, it says the definitions are out of date. Updating doesn't help. Not only... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by LB636, May 23, 2019.

1. LB636 Win User

Virus protection disabled, can't be enabled

I keep getting a system tray icon with a warning, and when I click on it, it says the definitions are out of date.

Updating doesn't help.

Not only that, but even though all looks fine on the security screen of it, clicking on it, it shows all is disabled and can't be enabled, requires admin, even though I'm the only user.

What should I do?

See:
    Virus protection disabled, can't be enabled 98eb00ff-e0ff-4c97-80b8-b72703bbc014?upload=true.png

Virus protection disabled, can't be enabled 38efa0b2-8699-48b9-9238-85b700323e5d?upload=true.png Virus protection disabled, can't be enabled 13f5a4fb-bf74-4a89-b9c9-bae0fa202c65?upload=true.png

:)

LB636, May 23, 2019

2. Nonstop alerts about virus protection

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the operating system with the security notification on your device. We will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• Have you installed any third-party anti-virus software on your device?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • What is the complete error code/ error message of this issue?
    • When exactly you get this error pop-up?

Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: If you have installed any third-party anti-virus software, I suggest you to disable it and check if it issue persists.

NOTE: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other software,
    you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

If the issue still persists, I suggest you to uninstall the third-party anti-virus software.

Step 2: I suggest you to run Windows Defender on your device and check if it helps.

Windows Defender is malware protection that is included with and built into Windows 10. This software helps identify and remove viruses, spyware, and other malicious software. So, you do not need to install any third party antivirus applications.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/getstarted-protect-your-pc

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, May 23, 2019
  3. Virus And Threat Protection is not Enable

the Virus And Threat Protection is not been enabled

sergio-januario, May 23, 2019
  4. Virus protection disabled, can't be enabled

Virus And Threat Protection is not Enable

Currently i'm using Windows 10

In my Windows Defender the Virus And Threat Protection is not been enabled and it is showing to restart

when im clicking on restart button for virus and threat protection

it is showing the message "ENABLE CONTROLLED ACCESS FOLDER OR EDIT PROTECTION"

i have also tried the command gpedit.msc but it also not executing.

Is there any solution for this problem.

Thank you,

Regards,

Mohit Bhatia

Gaurav1995, May 23, 2019
Thema:

Virus protection disabled, can't be enabled

1. Virus protection disabled, can't be enabled - Similar Threads - Virus protection disabled

2. how i enable virus and threat protection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how i enable virus and threat protection: i dont disable my virus and threat protection https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-i-enable-virus-and-threat-protection/11bca84b-465c-4a80-a749-9edee6c6d397
  3. Virus and Threat protection cannot be enabled

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Virus and Threat protection cannot be enabled: so basically i installed something and it had a malware in it . i tired many ways removing it but nothin seemed to work so i reset my pc with a fresh start . and everything seemed to work until i was unable to access virus and threat protection...
  4. Can't start virus protection

Can't start virus protection: Win 10 is acting like I'm Not the admin of this machine. I own the machine, I installed Win 10, it's my account that has all admin permissions. But I can't start virus protection. It keeps telling me I don't have permission to view this page and to contact IT. What the...
  5. Can't enable the Virus & threat protection settings this setting is managed by your...

Can't enable the Virus & threat protection settings this setting is managed by your...: I have this problem before, but it got fixed. It did it again. The Virus & threat protection settings is disabled. It is saying that the setting is managed by my administrator. I had I asked this last time, but it still didn't work. So, I made a new question. [ATTACH]...
  6. Can't enable the Virus & threat protection settings this setting is managed by your...

Can't enable the Virus & threat protection settings this setting is managed by your...: I have this problem before, but it got fixed. It did it again. The Virus & threat protection settings is disabled. It is saying that the setting is managed by my administrator. [ATTACH]...
  7. Can't use Enable Virus & Threat Protection

Can't use Enable Virus & Threat Protection: I cant enable my virus and threat protection because it says that its being managed by my organization https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/cant-use-enable-virus-threat-protection/a799649a-0dda-4a33-9eee-f354a56d1e4a
  8. Disable Virus & Threat Protection Notification

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable Virus & Threat Protection Notification: Hello! I've just re-installed Windows to 1909 been stuck on 1809 for the past year and I have disabled Windows Defender from starting. I simply do not need it, and I personally prefer using Malwarebytes for any virus/malware that gets into my system. However, I don't want...
  9. Can't update Virus protection

Can't update Virus protection: Good day My System centre security endpoint protection does not complete the update? What is the problem is it blocked? Status potentially unprotected. Thank you...
  10. Virus & Threat protection disabled. I can't turn it on.

Virus & Threat protection disabled. I can't turn it on.: I also cannot access defender offline scan as a result. Is this a Windows issue? It keeps saying my IT Manager and Organisation control these things but I am the Admin on a home PC....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. virus protection cannot be enabled