Windows 10: Virus protection in Windows defender is not getting enabled - Suspecting Windows update issue

Discus and support Virus protection in Windows defender is not getting enabled - Suspecting Windows update issue in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I get below errors in windows update Definition Update for Microsoft Office 2010 (KB3115475) 32-Bit Edition -Error 0x80070643 Definition Update for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RajeshR2, Dec 28, 2018.

1. RajeshR2 Win User

Virus protection in Windows defender is not getting enabled - Suspecting Windows update issue

I get below errors in windows update

Definition Update for Microsoft Office 2010 (KB3115475) 32-Bit Edition -Error 0x80070643

Definition Update for Windows Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 (Definition 1.283.1734.0) -Error 0x80246007

:)

RajeshR2, Dec 28, 2018

2. Windows update and windows defender issues

We suggest you to avoid installing any cleaner or anti-virus software that may interrupt the function of Windows Defender. Make sure that Windows Defender is always on. To do this follow these steps:

• On the Start menu, type Windows Defender and hit enter.
    • Click Settings.
    • Turn Real-time protection on.
    We also recommend you to install the latest update for Windows Defender.

Should you have further questions, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Dec 28, 2018
  3. jsfitz54 Win User
    Windows 10 Anniversary Update Issues

Problems with W10 Anniv auto update:

Mom's: (x58 Xeon 5677) Windows Defender was not turned back on automatically (it was "on" in the 1511 edition) and she had a Trojan. Full system scan to eradicate.
    Her Epson printer was knocked off, had to uninstall by Device Manager pull USB cable and reconnect cable. W10 did the rest.

Step-mom's: (HP pre built) Windows Defender not turned back on by default. Her USB Seagate Expansion Drive 2Tb was offline so all backup routines were halted. Had to rerun backup plan. Had her do a full virus scan.

Step-dad's: (Dell Optiplex tweaked upgrades) Windows Defender not turned back on by default. Full Scan.

jsfitz54, Dec 28, 2018
  4. Le Boule Win User

Virus protection in Windows defender is not getting enabled - Suspecting Windows update issue

windows defender virus protection

Go to Security and Maintenance, look in 'Security' and see what program is listed under Virus Protection. Windows Defender (WD) will not be enabled and functioning properly if there is a program other than Windows Defender listed.

For further information see the Answer of quietman7
    - MVP
    in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-turn-on/c502c63f-2ffe-4cfd-8b6b-bdfd086cfae0

If the issue continues you may want to follow the steps in Problems
    starting Windows Defender in Windows 8/8.1/10

For more detailed recommendations to help resolve various Windows Defender issues see the Answer of GreginMich in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...essageId=9d2ae5da-d09c-4730-b71b-c13e7e8ea95a

You might also want to review http://www.howtogeek.com/220232/how-to-use-the-built-in-windows-defender-antivirus-on-windows-10/ Good
    article but ignore the ads!

If you can't get this problem resolved suggest you post back in this thread and provide additional information.

Alternatively - - -

You may prefer to install a third party antivirus program (which should disable Windows Defender).

There are a number of viable free and paid options available – take your pick.

Choosing an Anti-Virus Program

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/antivirus-partners#AVtabs=win10

Regards…

http://blog.emsisoft.com/2015/01/27/top-10-ways-pups-sneak-onto-your-computer-and-how-to-avoid-them/

Le Boule, Dec 28, 2018
Thema:

1. Virus protection in Windows defender is not getting enabled - Suspecting Windows update issue - Similar Threads - Virus protection defender

2. Windows Defender Virus and Threat Protection stuck on Getting protection info

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender Virus and Threat Protection stuck on Getting protection info: I have no idea why I got this error since I just repaired my pc and haven’t download any third party anti viruses. Please help!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-virus-and-threat-protection-stuck/9e7ef694-a28f-4725-8cfc-a81067bdb7ed
  3. Windows Defender Virus and Threat Protection stuck on Getting protection info

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender Virus and Threat Protection stuck on Getting protection info: I have no idea why I got this error since I just repaired my pc and haven’t download any third party anti viruses. Please help!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-virus-and-threat-protection-stuck/9e7ef694-a28f-4725-8cfc-a81067bdb7ed
  4. Windows Defender Virus and Threat Protection stuck on Getting protection info

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Can I get by with Windows Defender Virus Protection?

Can I get by with Windows Defender Virus Protection?: On Windows 10 Pro version 2004 I am currently using Malwarebytes, however, is it possible to get by just using Windows Defender Virus Protection? It's free and also uses less resources. Thank-You 160932
  6. Virus protection on windows defender

Virus protection on windows defender: My virus protection on windows defender will not scan as it states that I am using another provider although I have not subscribed to any other provider . This is a recent occurrence (2 days) . Any ideas?...
  7. Windows Defender Virus and Threat Protection

Windows Defender Virus and Threat Protection: Ransom ware protection says "Setup One Drive" I enter my email and it says your one drive is already synced for that address. Yet Defender still says you need to set up Onedrive for ransomware protection. We have been issued with a ransomware threat from and unknown...
  8. windows defender virus and protection history issue

windows defender virus and protection history issue: hello I did a scan and found the trojan virus I did not understand whether the virus was deleted and I was wondering how to delete the other topic protection history ?[ATTACH]...
  9. Windows defender Virus Protection

Windows defender Virus Protection: I had uninstalled Third Party Antivirus Software after its validy After that I can not able to switch on Windows Defender Virus Protection . It is showing message your virus and protection is managed by your organization Pl help to restore the setting by switching on...
  10. How to get automatic updates on window defender virus and threat protection?

How to get automatic updates on window defender virus and threat protection?: Hello, I have Windows 10. Every few weeks a little message pops up telling me I need to update Windows Defender 'virus and threat protection' as it is out of date. Is there a way of getting the laptop to update this automatically? Many thanks, Steve....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Definition Update for Microsoft Office 2010 (KB3115475) 32-Bit Edition 有償