Windows 10: Virus protection on windows defender

Discus and support Virus protection on windows defender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My virus protection on windows defender will not scan as it states that I am using another provider although I have not subscribed to any other... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JohnKilborn, Jul 19, 2019.

1. Virus protection on windows defender

My virus protection on windows defender will not scan as it states that I am using another provider although I have not subscribed to any other provider . This is a recent occurrence (2 days) . Any ideas?

:)

JohnKilborn, Jul 19, 2019

2. Cannot turn on Windows Defender virus protection

I had the same sort of symptoms. In the Windows Security Center, under Virus and threat protection, it said "Your virus & threat protection is managed by your organization."

Virus protection on windows defender wm5Jc.png

I note you mentioned the Registry Keys under HKLM/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Windows Defender. Nice spotting, but it seems like there is another key that is causing the problem for some users.

Steps to a solution:

1. Press the Windows key and type "regedit"
    2. On the regedit icon that appears, right-click and select Run as Administrator.
    3. Navigate to the folder located at HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender (You can paste this into the address box at the top of the window, or navigate manually using the side directory structure)
    4. In this folder, there are probably two keys. Right-click and Delete the DisableAntiSpyware key.
    5. Exit regedit, and return to the Windows Defender settings screen (refresh it if necessary). Windows Defender should have the scan options available and working.

Solution adapted from here, with a much more detailed solution here.

MechtEngineer, Jul 19, 2019
  3. Booster2 Win User
    How to turn on Window Defender virus protection.

I installed Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. Now my Windows Defender is turned off. I need the virus protection but am unable to turn on Defender virus protection. I am using Windows 10. Any suggestions?

Booster2, Jul 19, 2019
  4. Le Boule Win User

Virus protection on windows defender

windows defender virus protection

Go to Security and Maintenance, look in 'Security' and see what program is listed under Virus Protection. Windows Defender (WD) will not be enabled and functioning properly if there is a program other than Windows Defender listed.

For further information see the Answer of quietman7
    - MVP
    in windowsdefender wont turn on

If the issue continues you may want to follow the steps in Problems
    starting Windows Defender in Windows 8/8.1/10

For more detailed recommendations to help resolve various Windows Defender issues see the Answer of GreginMich in failing to install updates

You might also want to review http://www.howtogeek.com/220232/how-to-use-the-built-in-windows-defender-antivirus-on-windows-10/ Good
    article but ignore the ads!

If you can't get this problem resolved suggest you post back in this thread and provide additional information.

Alternatively - - -

You may prefer to install a third party antivirus program (which should disable Windows Defender).

There are a number of viable free and paid options available – take your pick.

Choosing an Anti-Virus Program

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/antivirus-partners#AVtabs=win10

Regards…

http://blog.emsisoft.com/2015/01/27/top-10-ways-pups-sneak-onto-your-computer-and-how-to-avoid-them/

Le Boule, Jul 19, 2019
Thema:

Virus protection on windows defender

1. Virus protection on windows defender - Similar Threads - Virus protection defender

2. Windows defender virus & threat protection missing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows defender virus & threat protection missing.: I'm using Windows 11, and I currently joined the beta channel on Windows insider Program. My Windows Security is working, but I cannot see the virus & threat protection button in windows defender. I removed my other antiviruses, but still, there's no anywhere for running a...
  3. Windows Security/Defender/Virus and Protection not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Security/Defender/Virus and Protection not working: Hi all,My Windows Security/Defender/Virus and Protection have all appeared to stop working. My real-time protection is off and I can't switch it off. I did not have any 3rd party antivirus software at the time just installed Avira free to plug the gap for now. May I kindly...
  4. Windows Defender Virus and threat protection stopped

Windows Defender Virus and threat protection stopped: Pressing the restart button just leads to an error that leads to nothing. I don't have any 3rd party antivirus software either https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-virus-and-threat-protection/1a433900-e659-493f-9619-0bd17ece5a9d
  5. Windows Defender / Virus & Threat protection not opening

Windows Defender / Virus & Threat protection not opening: When I press to open Windows Defender or Virus and Threat Protection, nothing happens. No error message, they just don't open. I tried making a new user profile and they do work fine on that one....
  6. Windows Defender Virus & Threat Protection

Windows Defender Virus & Threat Protection: Windows Defender does not run scans or allow me to update settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-virus-threat-protection/cada3eda-6c30-472b-a292-40efa4fb820e
  7. WINDOWS DEFENDER/ANTI VIRUS PROTECTION

WINDOWS DEFENDER/ANTI VIRUS PROTECTION: Do i need private virus protection if have Windows defender and real time protection on? When i attempt to turn Windows defender on it says "TO ALLOW THIS APP TO RUN CONTACT YOUR SECURITY ADMINISTRATOR TO ENABLE THE PROGRAM VIA GROUP POLICY"....What does that mean? Does...
  8. Windows Defender Virus and Threat Protection

Windows Defender Virus and Threat Protection: Ransom ware protection says "Setup One Drive" I enter my email and it says your one drive is already synced for that address. Yet Defender still says you need to set up Onedrive for ransomware protection. We have been issued with a ransomware threat from and unknown...
  9. windows defender anti-virus protection disabled

windows defender anti-virus protection disabled: my virus and threat protection displays a message "your virus and threat protection is managed by your organization". I do not have and organization to manage my virus and threat protection. There were several downloads allowed by One Drive, "file only" and two were...
  10. Windows defender Virus Protection

Windows defender Virus Protection: I had uninstalled Third Party Antivirus Software after its validy After that I can not able to switch on Windows Defender Virus Protection . It is showing message your virus and protection is managed by your organization Pl help to restore the setting by switching on...