Windows 10: virus questions

Discus and support virus questions in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; can a virus steal files on your hard drive? i hear about key loggers and ransomwear that locks down an OS, but never heard of an attacker actually... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by smoothnobody, Nov 20, 2020.

1. virus questions

can a virus steal files on your hard drive? i hear about key loggers and ransomwear that locks down an OS, but never heard of an attacker actually taking files from a system.

if you have 2 drives in your system, and 1 of them gets infected, will the infected OS be able to steal files on the other drive?

do you guys know of a way to make a drive not functional? maybe a setting in the bios that can disable it? i know i can make the second drive not bootable, but you still see that drive when booting the other drive.

:)

smoothnobody, Nov 20, 2020

2. Clean the Virus

Hi,

Virus infection usually happens on a computer when it is exposed to an infected website or removable devices. For us to help you clean the malware on your device, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build and version of Windows are you using?
    • Did you encounter any error messages related to having a virus infection on your device?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest running any available antivirus software on your PC. It would be very helpful to us if you could also provide the result of the antivirus scan process.

Looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Nov 20, 2020
  3. virus questions

Jsssssssss, Nov 20, 2020
Thema:

virus questions

1. virus questions - Similar Threads - virus questions

2. other virus question added info

in Windows 10 Gaming
    other virus question added info: I am under 18 but i am very educated about viruses. I spend most of my time looking at Jim Browning and many videos talking about scams. I've been trying to be as safe as i can on the internet however just today on November 11 2023, i decided to try the Microsoft Safety...
  3. other virus question added info

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    other virus question added info: I am under 18 but i am very educated about viruses. I spend most of my time looking at Jim Browning and many videos talking about scams. I've been trying to be as safe as i can on the internet however just today on November 11 2023, i decided to try the Microsoft Safety...
  4. Question regarding encrypted removable drives and virus scans

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question regarding encrypted removable drives and virus scans: My antivirus Kaspersky Plus is configured to scan removable drives upon insertion, but when I insert a drive that has been encrypted via VeraCrypt it is unable to process the drive.I would like to know if this could potentially pose a threat to my PC in regards to malware...
  5. Question regarding encrypted removable drives and virus scans

Question regarding encrypted removable drives and virus scans: My antivirus Kaspersky Plus is configured to scan removable drives upon insertion, but when I insert a drive that has been encrypted via VeraCrypt it is unable to process the drive.I would like to know if this could potentially pose a threat to my PC in regards to malware...
  6. Question about how anti-viruses works

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question about how anti-viruses works: Hello, I got this question and there was a similar question from another user but sadly I can't find it.Example I had malware, and I also had Windows Security and Malwarebytes.Can the Malware use the anti-viruses to hide itself? Like basically infecting the anti-virus and...
  7. Question about how anti-viruses works

Question about how anti-viruses works: Hello, I got this question and there was a similar question from another user but sadly I can't find it.Example I had malware, and I also had Windows Security and Malwarebytes.Can the Malware use the anti-viruses to hide itself? Like basically infecting the anti-virus and...
  8. i want to ask a Question about virus and malware in WordPress Plugin ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    i want to ask a Question about virus and malware in WordPress Plugin ?: hi. My name is Sohail ahmad and i am a Web Developer in Dubai Base Company, i found Virus in My Server. when i asked from some one they told me that you have installed and un upgrade plugins and out of that. my website is related to Dune Buggy Dubai and Dune Buggy Rental in...
  9. Warning!!! New Virus Attempt Style and a Question

Warning!!! New Virus Attempt Style and a Question: I check emails that I think are fraudulent or virus/malware attempts. This morning I had something very unusual happen. I opened a suspicious email and it immediately tried to access my laptop. I didn't download any attachments. I simply opened the email. Luckily, I have...
  10. Questions about Malware/Virus

Questions about Malware/Virus: Hi, Windows defender keeps finding DefenderTamperingRestore and it keeps coming back and i dont know what to do, what other antivirus should i use other than windows defender. And i want some information on segurazo antivirus and how to remove it[Original Title:...