Windows 10: Virus Scan Failed / Extracted Folder Empty double whammy

Discus and support Virus Scan Failed / Extracted Folder Empty double whammy in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi all, just a quick enquiry on a problem I can't seem to crack looking at this forum, IT help pages, YouTube videos etc.I use a Windows 10 Pro.I am... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Pliny Harris, Aug 20, 2021.

1. Virus Scan Failed / Extracted Folder Empty double whammy

Hi all, just a quick enquiry on a problem I can't seem to crack looking at this forum, IT help pages, YouTube videos etc.I use a Windows 10 Pro.I am trying to download music off Bandcamp. A cover photo and a bunch of mp3s, nothing spectacular, no special characters.Whether I use Edge or Chrome, when whatever I download is supposed to come to an end I get "Virus Scan Failed" and no download.If I go on Windows Security and lift various protections, I still have this problem.The only way I've managed to download the folder in full, I have done the Windows + R "regedit" command, followed by HKEY_L

:)

Pliny Harris, Aug 20, 2021
  2. pyramid10 Win User

Extracting Zip Files

Are the step-by-step processes identical? That is, the folder extracted from and the folder extracted to belong to the same hierarchical file system structure. If they are, that suggests mildly the Cumulative Update left an electron or two out of place.

pyramid10, Aug 20, 2021
  3. Extracting Zip Files

Thanks pyramid10 for your contribution, I ensured that the steps taken and the source and destination folders were the same, in the using zip7 as suggested by BunnyJ resolved all issues for me.
    I am the first to admit that I am a long long way from understanding the intricacies of computers and if truth be told I am now to old anyway to absorb much information.
    Cheers.

croydonian, Aug 20, 2021
  4. Virus Scan Failed / Extracted Folder Empty double whammy

scanned documents

Hello,

By default, scans are saved in a Scans folder inside the Pictures. Here are the steps on how to get there:

• Press Windows and type pictures
    • Click Pictures and double-click the Scans folder.

Furthermore, we suggest that you repair your Word application by following the steps on this

link

Let us know how that turned out for you.

Marilou Ser, Aug 20, 2021
Thema:

Virus Scan Failed / Extracted Folder Empty double whammy

1. Virus Scan Failed / Extracted Folder Empty double whammy - Similar Threads - Virus Scan Failed

2. Failed - Virus scan failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Failed - Virus scan failed: Don't matter what I try to download this error comes in the download status on every single browser, I tried like 5 different websites one of them was microsoft but I can't find a way to fix it....
  3. Failed - Virus scan failed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Failed - Virus scan failed: Don't matter what I try to download this error comes in the download status on every single browser, I tried like 5 different websites one of them was microsoft but I can't find a way to fix it....
  4. Virus scan failed

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Virus scan failed: I keep getting virus scan failed each time I download. Any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/virus-scan-failed/dbd04c10-9fd6-4023-8869-7f74170beacd
  5. Virus Scan failed

Virus Scan failed: For the past few months, I have been unable to download ANYTHING over a browser. I have tried using different internet providers, different antivirus software, and web browsers and nothing works. Please help me resolve this major issue because my computer has not been able to...
  6. The Great No Update/Temporary Account Double Whammy

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The Great No Update/Temporary Account Double Whammy: Ladies, gentlemen, enbies alike, gather around to witness a truly spectacular beast in action! This creature has not only managed to disable the ability for Windows to update, but has also forced the user into a temporary profile - an issue that often relies on updating to...
  7. Failed- Virus Scan Failed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Failed- Virus Scan Failed: Hello and good day! I have trouble in downloading files from Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome. Every time I tried downloading, it shows Failed - virus scan failed. I only use Windows Defender as my protection and currently running on Windows 10. This started to happen back...
  8. "virus scan fails"

"virus scan fails": Why do I always get this message with whatever I try to download: "virus scan failed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virus-scan-fails/46734333-de5f-4c15-a35b-58303375282c
  9. virus scan failed .

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    virus scan failed .: not able to download anything from any browser/removed antivirus still same issue . Kindly help me with this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virus-scan-failed/764ef2db-1fcd-40af-8fde-d3f7c91e291d
  10. Failed-virus scan failed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Failed-virus scan failed: I keep getting this message every time I try to download anything. I purchased an antivirus specifically because of this issue and I wasn't even able to download the software. I went through the windows help suggestions on internet and security settings and it still didn't...