Windows 10: "virus scan failed" message when downloading

Discus and support "virus scan failed" message when downloading in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Every time I try to download anything from the Internet (pictures, pdfs, new software) it comes up with a message saying "virus scan failed". I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by OliviaCassidy, Jul 14, 2019.

1. "virus scan failed" message when downloading

Every time I try to download anything from the Internet (pictures, pdfs, new software) it comes up with a message saying "virus scan failed". I have looked at my virus software and couldn't see any details about why downloads are blocked, nor could I find any of my computer settings changed when I went through the Windows Attachment Manager. What should I do to sort this problem? Would temporarily stopping something with my McAfee virus software help?

:)

OliviaCassidy, Jul 14, 2019

2. FAILED VIRUS SCAN FAILED

Anytime I try to download something be a document or a program I get an error message: Failed, Virus scan failed. how to fix?

Wendi Sharp, Jul 14, 2019
  3. Niarod Win User
    Failing hardware? Undetected virus?

It really sounds like a virus running hidden in the background!
    Though you've scanned the pc for viruses it's difficult that the antivirus installed finds anything...as the virus has already passed unobserved by the antivirus app.

My suggestion is to put some executable antivirus and antispyware appz. in your flash disk and scan the pc from that.
    Use different ones, portable antiviruses etc....here are some suggestions:

Eset Sysinspector : ESET SysInspector | Free PC Diagnostic Tool
    PrevX CSI : http://info.prevx.com/downloadcsi.asp
    Spyware doctor..etc.

Cheerz

Niarod, Jul 14, 2019
  4. "virus scan failed" message when downloading

Virus Scan Failed

Attempts at downloading documents results in Virus scan failed message. This occurs on Crome and Edge and does not seem to be associated with McAfee. Any ideas how to fix this issue?

SethHalverson, Jul 14, 2019
Thema:

"virus scan failed" message when downloading

1. "virus scan failed" message when downloading - Similar Threads - virus scan failed

2. Defender virus scan

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender virus scan: When I try to scan in Windows Defender, I get a notice in red: "Your Virus & threat protection is managed by your organization." What does this mean? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/defender-virus-scan/91a276bf-4e55-434a-81f5-6a85212ee6d7"
  3. error message when scanning to email

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    error message when scanning to email: when I try to scan to email wit a hp2622 I get the error message "hp scan application is unable to open your email application, check email configuration email works ok, but I cannot find email stings for the scanner...
  4. virus scan

virus scan: defender virus scanning not work? Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/virus-scan/e79013c5-98b4-4c40-8276-3ceb5b3c5175
  5. Virus Scan Failed

Virus Scan Failed: Attempts at downloading documents results in Virus scan failed message. This occurs on Crome and Edge and does not seem to be associated with McAfee. Any ideas how to fix this issue?...
  6. "Virus scan failed" notice

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Virus scan failed" notice: When I try to download a EXE file onto my computer I get a "Virus scan failed" notice. I contacted McAfee, which was the file I was trying to download, and they suggested that I contact you as they were thinking it was a registry entry of windows defender. Using Windows...
  7. virus scan failed

virus scan failed: whenever i try o download anything it says virus scan failed. macafee web advisor wont uninstall either https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/virus-scan-failed/ec932c18-be40-490d-acc3-29d35854d2b4
  8. "Failed - Virus scan failed". This message keeps appearing on my screen whenever I try to...

"Failed - Virus scan failed". This message keeps appearing on my screen whenever I try to...: This message keeps appearing on my screen whenever I try to download something from google chrome or on edge. When I tried to download a PDF from my mail, the message appears and won't let me download it. I tried turning off the antivirus (McAfee) and windows defender but the...
  9. Peripherials virus scan??

Peripherials virus scan??: I've never thought about this before but does the Microsoft Security Essentials or any other anti virus that when it does a full scan, does it also scan anything plugged into the USB port like a camera or a external backup drive? Or does it only do the main drive with the OS...
  10. scanning for viruses

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    scanning for viruses: Could you tell me how to use Windows Defender? I usually open the folders, then close them before starting the scanning. Will the scanning look through all the folders and programs if I don’t open these folders?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Failed - virus scan failed

2. Everytime I try to download a file I get a message that says Failed-Virus Scan Failed