Windows 10: 'Virus scan failed' message

Discus and support 'Virus scan failed' message in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; When I try to download a word document from a person I know, it looks like the document is being downloaded but then a message comes up that says... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Kath UP, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Kath UP Win User

'Virus scan failed' message

When I try to download a word document from a person I know, it looks like the document is being downloaded but then a message comes up that says "Failed-Virus scan failed"

How do I change the settings - is it a security setting that needs to be changed?

:)

Kath UP, Mar 26, 2020

2. FAILED VIRUS SCAN FAILED

Anytime I try to download something be a document or a program I get an error message: Failed, Virus scan failed. how to fix?

Wendi Sharp, Mar 26, 2020
  3. Niarod Win User
    Failing hardware? Undetected virus?

It really sounds like a virus running hidden in the background!
    Though you've scanned the pc for viruses it's difficult that the antivirus installed finds anything...as the virus has already passed unobserved by the antivirus app.

My suggestion is to put some executable antivirus and antispyware appz. in your flash disk and scan the pc from that.
    Use different ones, portable antiviruses etc....here are some suggestions:

Eset Sysinspector : http://www.eset.com/download/sysinspector.php
    PrevX CSI : http://info.prevx.com/downloadcsi.asp
    Spyware doctor..etc.

Cheerz

Niarod, Mar 26, 2020
  4. 'Virus scan failed' message

Virus Scan Failed

Attempts at downloading documents results in Virus scan failed message. This occurs on Crome and Edge and does not seem to be associated with McAfee. Any ideas how to fix this issue?

SethHalverson, Mar 26, 2020
Thema:

'Virus scan failed' message

1. 'Virus scan failed' message - Similar Threads - 'Virus scan failed'

2. Failed - Virus scan failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Failed - Virus scan failed: Don't matter what I try to download this error comes in the download status on every single browser, I tried like 5 different websites one of them was microsoft but I can't find a way to fix it....
  3. Failed - Virus scan failed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Failed - Virus scan failed: Don't matter what I try to download this error comes in the download status on every single browser, I tried like 5 different websites one of them was microsoft but I can't find a way to fix it....
  4. all downloads recieve "virus scan failed" message

all downloads recieve "virus scan failed" message: hello,I am currently facing the issue of not being able to dowanload any files. I saw there were several locked threads about it, but none of it seems to help.what I have tried so far following answers on locked threads:1. uninstalling my antivirus - I have no antivirus...
  5. all downloads recieve "virus scan failed" message

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    all downloads recieve "virus scan failed" message: hello,I am currently facing the issue of not being able to dowanload any files. I saw there were several locked threads about it, but none of it seems to help.what I have tried so far following answers on locked threads:1. uninstalling my antivirus - I have no antivirus...
  6. all dowloads recieve "virus scan failed" message

all dowloads recieve "virus scan failed" message: hello,I am currently facing the issue of not being able to dowanload any files. I saw there were several locked threads about it, but none of it seems to help.what I have tried so far following answers on locked threads:1. uninstalling my antivirus - I have no antivirus...
  7. Failed- Virus Scan Failed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Failed- Virus Scan Failed: Hello and good day! I have trouble in downloading files from Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome. Every time I tried downloading, it shows Failed - virus scan failed. I only use Windows Defender as my protection and currently running on Windows 10. This started to happen back...
  8. Error message Couldn't download.....virus scan failed

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Error message Couldn't download.....virus scan failed: After a Windows update I am suddenly unable to download files..... this is applicable for all websites and all browsers..... please help me resolve this....
  9. Failed-virus scan failed

Failed-virus scan failed: I keep getting this message every time I try to download anything. I purchased an antivirus specifically because of this issue and I wasn't even able to download the software. I went through the windows help suggestions on internet and security settings and it still didn't...
  10. "virus scan failed" message when downloading

"virus scan failed" message when downloading: Every time I try to download anything from the Internet (pictures, pdfs, new software) it comes up with a message saying "virus scan failed". I have looked at my virus software and couldn't see any details about why downloads are blocked, nor could I find any of my computer...