Windows 10: "Virus scan failed" notice

Discus and support "Virus scan failed" notice in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I try to download a EXE file onto my computer I get a "Virus scan failed" notice. I contacted McAfee, which was the file I was trying to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SteveHols, Mar 11, 2019.

1. SteveHols Win User

"Virus scan failed" notice

When I try to download a EXE file onto my computer I get a "Virus scan failed" notice.
    I contacted McAfee, which was the file I was trying to download, and they suggested that
    I contact you as they were thinking it was a registry entry of windows defender.

Using Windows Home 10 with 64 bit system on a HP Pavilion
    Can you help?

Thank you
    Steve Hols
    *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

:)

SteveHols, Mar 11, 2019
  2. Niarod Win User

Failing hardware? Undetected virus?

It really sounds like a virus running hidden in the background!
    Though you've scanned the pc for viruses it's difficult that the antivirus installed finds anything...as the virus has already passed unobserved by the antivirus app.

My suggestion is to put some executable antivirus and antispyware appz. in your flash disk and scan the pc from that.
    Use different ones, portable antiviruses etc....here are some suggestions:

Eset Sysinspector : ESET SysInspector | Free PC Diagnostic Tool
    PrevX CSI : http://info.prevx.com/downloadcsi.asp
    Spyware doctor..etc.

Cheerz

Niarod, Mar 11, 2019
  3. FAILED VIRUS SCAN FAILED

Anytime I try to download something be a document or a program I get an error message: Failed, Virus scan failed. how to fix?

Wendi Sharp, Mar 11, 2019
  4. HAT
    hat Win User

Virus Scan ONLY tool?

I was using Malwarebytes to run scans on things I downloaded to make sure they're clean before I run them... but now Malwarebytes wants to run constantly and wants to do virus scans all the time, even though I told it not to (I'll scan a single file then it starts another threat scan on its own).

Are there any good tools that do virus scanning only?

Thema:

1. "Virus scan failed" notice - Similar Threads - Virus scan failed

2. Virus scan failed!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virus scan failed!!: I only use windows defender I cannot download or update the virus package I shut windows defender completely off including the firewall still cannot download anything please help...
  3. Failed - Virus scan failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Failed - Virus scan failed: Don't matter what I try to download this error comes in the download status on every single browser, I tried like 5 different websites one of them was microsoft but I can't find a way to fix it....
  4. Failed - Virus scan failed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Failed - Virus scan failed: Don't matter what I try to download this error comes in the download status on every single browser, I tried like 5 different websites one of them was microsoft but I can't find a way to fix it....
  5. Virus scan failed

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Virus scan failed: I keep getting virus scan failed each time I download. Any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/virus-scan-failed/dbd04c10-9fd6-4023-8869-7f74170beacd
  6. Virus Scan failed

Virus Scan failed: For the past few months, I have been unable to download ANYTHING over a browser. I have tried using different internet providers, different antivirus software, and web browsers and nothing works. Please help me resolve this major issue because my computer has not been able to...
  7. Failed- Virus Scan Failed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Failed- Virus Scan Failed: Hello and good day! I have trouble in downloading files from Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome. Every time I tried downloading, it shows Failed - virus scan failed. I only use Windows Defender as my protection and currently running on Windows 10. This started to happen back...
  8. "virus scan fails"

"virus scan fails": Why do I always get this message with whatever I try to download: "virus scan failed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virus-scan-fails/46734333-de5f-4c15-a35b-58303375282c
  9. virus scan failed .

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    virus scan failed .: not able to download anything from any browser/removed antivirus still same issue . Kindly help me with this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virus-scan-failed/764ef2db-1fcd-40af-8fde-d3f7c91e291d
  10. Failed-virus scan failed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Failed-virus scan failed: I keep getting this message every time I try to download anything. I purchased an antivirus specifically because of this issue and I wasn't even able to download the software. I went through the windows help suggestions on internet and security settings and it still didn't...