Windows 10: Virus scan of a .7Z compressed and password protected file.

Discus and support Virus scan of a .7Z compressed and password protected file. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; After analyze with Windows security scan a password protected compressed .7Z file I didn't receive any virus report despite that after uncompres it, I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Alex Garcia8, Nov 3, 2023.

1. Virus scan of a .7Z compressed and password protected file.

After analyze with Windows security scan a password protected compressed .7Z file I didn't receive any virus report despite that after uncompres it, I obtained an .EXE file that Microsoft Security Anti Virus immediately reported as an executable with a very dangerous virus. I believed that the system would report and issue asking for the password instead of passing without advert. Should I to uncompres any password zipped file the let the antivirus make his job?IMHO passing the password protected file without any issue is a bit dangerous...I found that in previous versions 2021 the antivirus

:)

Alex Garcia8, Nov 3, 2023

2. Password Protected Files - Possible Virus

I bought a refurbished computer from Dell and started using yesterday. Bitdefender found 164 password protected files it cannot scan. Some of these are in the Windows files, some in files in a Windows old file folder, some in Iolo System Mechanic, and
    some in Sodapdf. Is this related to a virus System Mechanic says that it blocked a virus but there is nothing in the quarantine file. Is my computer infected and how do I clean out the password protected files without disabling Windows 10 in the process.

JohnMacDonald1, Nov 3, 2023
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Password Protecting Sensitive Data

Oh, I forgot to mention that if you stick with the .zip format, you can actually open the file in Windows without the need to use 7-zip since Windows Explorer now has built in zip support, you just have to use 7-zip to create the file.

However, if you use the 7z format you can encrypt the file names too, so the names of the files can't be read.

newtekie1, Nov 3, 2023
  4. Virus scan of a .7Z compressed and password protected file.

Password Protect Folder

You can use winrar or 7zip to create password protected (compressed) folders with *.rar *.zip or *.7z extension as you like.

ricardobohner, Nov 3, 2023
Thema:

Virus scan of a .7Z compressed and password protected file.

1. Virus scan of a .7Z compressed and password protected file. - Similar Threads - Virus scan compressed

2. 299 Password protected files that could not be scanned by Bitdefender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    299 Password protected files that could not be scanned by Bitdefender: I'm using Bitdefender Total Security and ran a system scan, however in the log of the scan I noticed that 299 files were skipped due to being password-protected. I have all of their paths, but I didn't want to paste it here to fill up the page although I can provide it if...
  3. 299 Password protected files that could not be scanned by Bitdefender

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    299 Password protected files that could not be scanned by Bitdefender: I'm using Bitdefender Total Security and ran a system scan, however in the log of the scan I noticed that 299 files were skipped due to being password-protected. I have all of their paths, but I didn't want to paste it here to fill up the page although I can provide it if...
  4. Virus scan of a .7Z compressed and password protected file.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virus scan of a .7Z compressed and password protected file.: After analyze with Windows security scan a password protected compressed .7Z file I didn't receive any virus report despite that after uncompres it, I obtained an .EXE file that Microsoft Security Anti Virus immediately reported as an executable with a very dangerous virus. I...
  5. Virus scan of a .7Z compressed and password protected file.

Virus scan of a .7Z compressed and password protected file.: After analyze with Windows security scan a password protected compressed .7Z file I didn't receive any virus report despite that after uncompres it, I obtained an .EXE file that Microsoft Security Anti Virus immediately reported as an executable with a very dangerous virus. I...
  6. the virus & threat protection quick scan or full scan will stop at around 3000 files...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the virus & threat protection quick scan or full scan will stop at around 3000 files...: Hello when i try to run a quick virus scan or full scan it just stops after scanning like 3000 files. when i used to run the quick scan it would complete the scan it would say 25000 to 35000 files scanned and nothing found. . I think i have a virus because i get emals from...
  7. the virus & threat protection quick scan or full scan will stop at around 3000 files...

the virus & threat protection quick scan or full scan will stop at around 3000 files...: Hello when i try to run a quick virus scan or full scan it just stops after scanning like 3000 files. when i used to run the quick scan it would complete the scan it would say 25000 to 35000 files scanned and nothing found. . I think i have a virus because i get emals from...
  8. Virus & Threat protection scans not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Virus & Threat protection scans not working: Hi, so I recently had the winrmsrv.exe virus and I quarantined it with Malwarebytes. I am not able to complete any SFC or DISM scans I do not really know what those are but they were suggested as a fix for the Virus & threat protection issue. I am wondering if there is any...
  9. Virus And Threat Protection Won't Scan For Viruses And Threats

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Virus And Threat Protection Won't Scan For Viruses And Threats: Im having a problem on my windows 10. The problem is my "Virus And Threat Protection" wont scan for viruses and threats. I keep tapping Quick Scan,Full Scan,Custom Scan and it doesn't even do anything and it just say's "No current threats." "Last scan: Not available" But...
  10. How to recover 7z file password?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to recover 7z file password?: To recover 7z file password simply go with eSoftTools 7z password recoverysoftware, it gives an instant password for each recovery process. It removes password with the help of mask attack, brute force attack and dictionary attack with no data loss. You can save your...