Windows 10: Virus Scan On Bootup

Discus and support Virus Scan On Bootup in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My problem is this: Every time my laptop running windows 10 boots up, windows defender spends 10 minutes taking up 100% of my drive and cpu doing i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by trojan24, Jun 11, 2020.

1. trojan24 Win User

Virus Scan On Bootup

My problem is this:
    Every time my laptop running windows 10 boots up, windows defender spends 10 minutes taking up 100% of my drive and cpu doing i don't ****ing know what.

I've been unable to find a solution to this problem.
    I've tried many solutions over the past few months, but nothing seems to work.

From excluding all folders from being scanned, to editing my scheduled scans, to installing other programs to override defender, and going into the registries to disable it entirely.
    Nothing. Works.

Every time I boot up I'm stuck unable to do anything for several minutes until windows defender is no longer taking up 100% of my stuff.

I don't have any malicious programs running, I've checked.

I really don't want to do a fresh install but I think I've done it before and it didn't work.

:)

trojan24, Jun 11, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows Security Virus Scan

Please confirm you don't have a list like this:

Virus Scan On Bootup [​IMG]

e.g. from here (or via the control panel):

Virus Scan On Bootup [​IMG]

If not, suggests deeper problems. To which uninstall option are you referring? (A picture is worth...)

dalchina, Jun 11, 2020
  3. Windows Security Virus Scan

Yes that's exactly what I have. If you notice there is an uninstall option next to organize if you scroll to other updates ie. office, but it will disappear once you scroll to the latest updates.

stealth2920, Jun 11, 2020
  4. HAT
    hat Win User

Virus Scan On Bootup

Virus Scan ONLY tool?

I was using Malwarebytes to run scans on things I downloaded to make sure they're clean before I run them... but now Malwarebytes wants to run constantly and wants to do virus scans all the time, even though I told it not to (I'll scan a single file then it starts another threat scan on its own).

Are there any good tools that do virus scanning only?

Thema:

Virus Scan On Bootup

1. Virus Scan On Bootup - Similar Threads - Virus Scan Bootup

2. Virus Scan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virus Scan: Hi all,When I select Virus Scan in Windows 11, be it quick scan or custom scan, there is no response to my request. It does nothing. Any advice anyone? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virus-scan/f310d87c-b91e-498c-9859-ffbfdd7e02c9
  3. Virus Scan

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virus Scan: Hi all,When I select Virus Scan in Windows 11, be it quick scan or custom scan, there is no response to my request. It does nothing. Any advice anyone? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virus-scan/f310d87c-b91e-498c-9859-ffbfdd7e02c9
  4. Virus Scan

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Virus Scan: I did a virus scan, and it detected a registry key and value: HKLM/SOFTWARE/WOW6432NODE/DRSPU and also CLIENTID at the end.It detected it as a PUP.Is it really a threat?Please let me know ASAP.Virus Scan: Malwarebytes Premium Trial...
  5. virus scan

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    virus scan: any time I try to download anything I get "virus scan failed" everything is up to date on my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virus-scan/8ba5cd90-ea3e-4b87-a252-b479291cb15d
  6. virus scans

virus scans: Hi folks i need a safe and hopefully free and effective scan. i can't remove a request for the nvidia control platform after deleting nividia driver updates I did'nt need or use. Thank you....
  7. virus scan

virus scan: My stream keeps informing me of a needed virus scan. i do one and it never stops running. Everything seems fine but the quick scan is still going at it hours later. Can't find anything on it....
  8. Virus Scan On Bootup

Virus Scan On Bootup: My problem is this: Every time my laptop running windows 10 boots up, windows defender spends 10 minutes taking up 100% of my drive and cpu doing i don't ****ing know what. I've been unable to find a solution to this problem. I've tried many solutions over the past few...
  9. virus scan

virus scan: defender virus scanning not work? Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/virus-scan/e79013c5-98b4-4c40-8276-3ceb5b3c5175
  10. scanning for viruses

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    scanning for viruses: Could you tell me how to use Windows Defender? I usually open the folders, then close them before starting the scanning. Will the scanning look through all the folders and programs if I don’t open these folders?...