Windows 10: Virus scan options missing - quick scan only, advanced scan crashes

Discus and support Virus scan options missing - quick scan only, advanced scan crashes in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Title pretty much says it all - my Windows Defender "Virus & threat protection" window shows only the "scan now" button with no quick/full/custom... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JMUDoc, Sep 24, 2019.

1. JMUDoc Win User

Virus scan options missing - quick scan only, advanced scan crashes

Title pretty much says it all - my Windows Defender "Virus & threat protection" window shows only the "scan now" button with no quick/full/custom options. See screenshot.

Virus scan options missing - quick scan only, advanced scan crashes [​IMG]

In addition, clicking "Run a new advanced scan" causes a brief wait-pointer before the window simply closes.

Is there a way to restore access to the scan options?

Many thanks,

Mark A.

:)

JMUDoc, Sep 24, 2019
  2. swarfega Win User

What version of Windows 10 are you running, that screen looks rather different to mine.

In mine we have Scan options

Which takes you to this option where you can choose quick, full or custom.

swarfega, Sep 24, 2019
  3. Bree Win User

The last version in which this screen was named 'Windows Defender Security Centre' was 1803. From 1809 on it was renamed 'Windows Security'.

Clicking 'Run a new advanced scan' should give you all the scan options.

Try running SFC /SCANNOW in a Command Prompt (Admin) to find and repair possible system corruption.

4. JMUDoc Win User

Title pretty much says it all - my Windows Defender "Virus & threat protection" window shows only the "scan now" button with no quick/full/custom options. See screenshot.

In addition, clicking "Run a new advanced scan" causes a brief wait-pointer before the window simply closes.

Is there a way to restore access to the scan options?

Many thanks,

Mark A.

JMUDoc, Sep 24, 2019
Thema:

1. Virus scan options missing - quick scan only, advanced scan crashes - Similar Threads - Virus scan options

2. Quick scan

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Quick scan: I performed a quick scan and it identified 1 infected file. When it had finished it said no infections were found. Is the infected file still active? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quick-scan/395ed386-caa6-40f9-9221-c08486293dfe
  3. virus protection only do quick scan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    virus protection only do quick scan: Hello,I am using windows defender and if it detects a virus I just do quick scan however, it would not give me any action it only shows quick scan again? What to do?...
  4. virus protection only do quick scan

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    virus protection only do quick scan: Hello,I am using windows defender and if it detects a virus I just do quick scan however, it would not give me any action it only shows quick scan again? What to do?...
  5. virus protection only do quick scan

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. Quick Scan

Quick Scan: Quick Scan isn't working properly.It just runs for hours and never completes. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/quick-scan/208a09ed-7fa1-4f41-a410-9b688e2b8bd0
  7. Quick scan

Quick scan: My laptops quick scan is not stopping,it has scanned some 5 lakh file today and is still going whereas on any normal day it scan 50 k files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/quick-scan/ccdc3fef-cc4b-4988-bd2d-1e7a80573ca3
  8. QUICK SCAN

QUICK SCAN: Microsoft How many days does Quick Scan take to complete? Answer Quick Scan? What's that? Google had some good answers, but I didn't want t o be mean steeped in my disappointment that every quick scan takes unknown amount of DAYS and up to a WEEK to complete. FAIL...
  9. Virus and threat quick scan

Virus and threat quick scan: I get repeated requests to initiate this scan, When I do it takes me to the defender page and there is a red cross against the quick scan symbol. Something appears to be happening- but it never seems to end. Is this all normal or how do I fix it? It did briefly clear when...
  10. Quick Scan?

Quick Scan?: This on a top of the range Surface Pro 4 i7 doing a Quick Scan.....M$ you must be joking. 129520

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why can is there no virus scan option