Windows 10: virus scan running on working hours

Discus and support virus scan running on working hours in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; win10 v-1803 b-17134 hello, virus scan is running on working hours and slow down the system significantly! is it possible for the system to have... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by yaniv_885, Jan 2, 2019.

1. yaniv_885 Win User

virus scan running on working hours

win10 v-1803 b-17134

hello,

virus scan is running on working hours and slow down the system significantly!

is it possible for the system to have that scan not on working hours?

:)

yaniv_885, Jan 2, 2019
  2. HAT
    hat Win User

Virus Scan ONLY tool?

I was using Malwarebytes to run scans on things I downloaded to make sure they're clean before I run them... but now Malwarebytes wants to run constantly and wants to do virus scans all the time, even though I told it not to (I'll scan a single file then it starts another threat scan on its own).

Are there any good tools that do virus scanning only?

3. Virus Scan

My N73 Music Edition phone becoms very slow, to open addres book or SMS or to delete any SMS it takes long time. I think it have some virus.

1. How to scan & delete this virus???

2. Is there any free virus scan available???

3. While scanning virus & to protect phone book & SMS or songs, what are the steps to follows ???

Pl. help.

bhagwatkar, Jan 2, 2019
  4. Mary.C.ms Win User

I'm running a full scan and it's taking over 30 hours to complete.

I'm running a full virus scan and the more files it scans the higher the estimated completion time goes. It's now over 30 hours.

Mary.C.ms, Jan 2, 2019
Thema:

1. virus scan running on working hours - Similar Threads - virus scan running

2. Virus Protection scan runs real time for 7+ hours!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virus Protection scan runs real time for 7+ hours!!: Virus Protection scan runs real time for 7+ hours; scans 1.3million files; finishes at 03:17. Summary says "finished at 0034; scan lasted 2hr 42minwith 560914 files scanned". Any advice, please...
  3. Virus Protection scan runs real time for 7+ hours!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virus Protection scan runs real time for 7+ hours!!: Virus Protection scan runs real time for 7+ hours; scans 1.3million files; finishes at 03:17. Summary says "finished at 0034; scan lasted 2hr 42minwith 560914 files scanned". Any advice, please...
  4. Virus Protection scan runs real time for 7+ hours!!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. How to run a virus scan using the "run"

How to run a virus scan using the "run": I tried before to scan for virus using the "run". It is a windows feature but not from windows security. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-run-a-virus-scan-using-the-run/d42c8d5a-95cf-4a4e-be2f-66896f0c57f8
  6. How to run a virus scan using the "run"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to run a virus scan using the "run": I tried before to scan for virus using the "run". It is a windows feature but not from windows security. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-run-a-virus-scan-using-the-run/d42c8d5a-95cf-4a4e-be2f-66896f0c57f8
  7. Virus Remediation Incomplete After Running Scans

Virus Remediation Incomplete After Running Scans: After looking at the Protection History, I see I have a threat or virus flagged as Severe remdiation imcomplete. After running a Full and Offline scan, the threat is still there.If MS sees the threat, why doesn't it remove it ? How do I remove it myself ?...
  8. Virus Remediation Imcomplete After Running Scans

Virus Remediation Imcomplete After Running Scans: After looking at the Protection History, I see I have a threat or virus flagged as Severe remdiation imcomplete. After running a Full and Offline scan, the threat is still there.If MS sees the threat, why doesn't it remove it ? How do I remove it myself ?...
  9. Running Virus Scan in Excel

Running Virus Scan in Excel: How do you turn off the feature … Running Virus Scan … in Excel ? Every time I open a document in Excel it runs the virus scan. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/running-virus-scan-in-excel/e1cc17ee-9e94-48b5-be6b-2bcddcb5b6c6
  10. How to run a virus scan and remove virus in windows phone?

How to run a virus scan and remove virus in windows phone?: I'm using Lumia 535 running windows 8.1 is for 4 years. I had downloaded many files in browser. So I need to check my device is either safe or not. How to run a virus scan?...