Windows 10: Virus Scan, Windows Security and Windows Update are all not working

Discus and support Virus Scan, Windows Security and Windows Update are all not working in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi. So about a month ago, I noticed that the Windows Defender icon has disappeared from my system tray, but I didn't care back then. Just now though, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by xtan, Nov 7, 2020.

1. xtan Win User

Virus Scan, Windows Security and Windows Update are all not working

Hi.
    So about a month ago, I noticed that the Windows Defender icon has disappeared from my system tray, but I didn't care back then. Just now though, I have noticed that when running a virus scan, it just gets stuck at 0 (it used to be so fast):

Virus Scan, Windows Security and Windows Update are all not working [​IMG]

The Windows Security page is just blank:

And even checking for Windows Updates doesn't work. It spends too much time just "Checking for updates...", then results with this error:

I'm running Windows 10 Pro, Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).

Now, I worry that this might be some sort of virus malware. I'm kinda hesitant to just install some anti-virus / anti-malware though because a lot of them these days just seems to be bloatware. I'm hoping that this is just a bug or something that can easily be fixed.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

:)

xtan, Nov 7, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows Security Virus Scan

Please confirm you don't have a list like this:

e.g. from here (or via the control panel):

If not, suggests deeper problems. To which uninstall option are you referring? (A picture is worth...)

dalchina, Nov 7, 2020
  3. Windows Security Virus Scan

Yes that's exactly what I have. If you notice there is an uninstall option next to organize if you scroll to other updates ie. office, but it will disappear once you scroll to the latest updates.

stealth2920, Nov 7, 2020
  4. Virus Scan, Windows Security and Windows Update are all not working

Windows 7 Ultimate (64) Security updates not installing.

I have been having problems in installing the updates that I have listed below. For each update I attempted to install them individually but they would not install. I also downloaded the SURT 6.1 KB947821 v27. The problem has been going on now for about 2 months. (whenever the issue with the updates comes to mind I am never near my pc). Thank you in advance.

Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 9 for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2838727)
    Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2757638)
    Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2785220)
    Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2790113)
    Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2813170)
    Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2813430)
    Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2839894)
    Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2726535)
    Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2773072)
    Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2786400)
    Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2798162)
    Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2808679)

autigerfan, Nov 7, 2020
Thema:

Virus Scan, Windows Security and Windows Update are all not working

1. Virus Scan, Windows Security and Windows Update are all not working - Similar Threads - Virus Scan Security

2. Cannot run virus scans using Windows Security scanner

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot run virus scans using Windows Security scanner: It doesn't matter if I try to run the Quick Scan or the Full Scan as clicking on the Quick Scan button or the Scan now button does nothing.I wonder if this is related to the problems I have with the MMC when I try to open the Task Scheduler. This is what I see :-MMC has...
  3. Cannot run virus scans using Windows Security scanner

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot run virus scans using Windows Security scanner: It doesn't matter if I try to run the Quick Scan or the Full Scan as clicking on the Quick Scan button or the Scan now button does nothing.I wonder if this is related to the problems I have with the MMC when I try to open the Task Scheduler. This is what I see :-MMC has...
  4. microsoft windows 10s virus and security quick scan puzzle

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    microsoft windows 10s virus and security quick scan puzzle: I am puzzled at the quick scan function of the quick scan recommendation in my windows 10S laptop Dashboard My security dashboard is showing a quick scan is required yet it seems to serve no purpose , Yes it turns on but never seems to stop. There is no progress bar so...
  5. Virus Scan, Windows Security and Windows Update are all not working

Virus Scan, Windows Security and Windows Update are all not working: Hi. So about a month ago, I noticed that the Windows Defender icon has disappeared from my system tray, but I didn't care back then. Just now though, I have noticed that when running a virus scan, it just gets stuck at 0 (it used to be so fast): [img] The Windows Security...
  6. scheduling a virus scan with Windows 10 Windows Security ex Defender

scheduling a virus scan with Windows 10 Windows Security ex Defender: I want to schedule antivirus scans in Windows 10 using Windows Securityex Defender. I used the Task Scheduler and could not find a folder for Windows Defender. I discovered that Windows Defender is now called Windows Security. I could not find that either. Windows...
  7. Blank Screen on Windows Security/Virus scan not working. Need Help

Blank Screen on Windows Security/Virus scan not working. Need Help: So I'll explain the problem in detail and the step by step process I followed System Details: Windows 10 No Updates Pending I felt something go wrong with my system on opening a downloaded file from the internet. I went to windows security but the screen was blank. No...
  8. Windows Security Virus Scan

Windows Security Virus Scan: This issue just started the last couple days. The actions needed notification advises that the virus protection is turned off and should be restarted. I go into Windows Security and press the restart but after doing whatever for a couple minutes, it states there was an error...
  9. Windows Security Scan finds Virus, Is a blocked Virus still on System

Windows Security Scan finds Virus, Is a blocked Virus still on System: Hi, I recently noticed some changes to Windows Security. No longer is there a delete option after taking actions against a Virus. If the action result shows the Virus is blocked does the Virus still remain on the System ? If so is there any way to permanently remove the...
  10. Windows Security Scan finds Virus, Is a blocked Virus still on System

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Security Scan finds Virus, Is a blocked Virus still on System: Hi, I recently noticed some changes to Windows Security. No longer is there a delete option after taking actions against a Virus. If the action result shows the Virus is blocked does the Virus still remain on the System ? If so is there any way to permanently remove the...